WTB- Pathfinder, QX4, 4runner, Toyota All-Trac Wagon, etc. (SEATTLE)

Hey dudes,

I figured this would be worth posting here. I am hunting for a good condition, well maintained 4wd/awd car in Seattle. My budget is 3-4k so if you know of anyone selling, shoot me a PM!

Thanks,
    Nick

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 115,*** mi, QuadraDrive Full-time AWD with Limited Slip Diffs, 4.7 V8, well maintained. Limited package with Leather Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors, etc. Tires have 60% tread and are Severe Winter Rated. It's tan. I've fixed or replace all the stuff that goes bad on these in the last 5,000 miles - Blend Doors, Electric Windows, CV Joints, Brakes, Wheel Bearings, etc. I change the oil every 3,000 miles too.

$4000 obo

I live on the Eastside of the Mountains but I can meet you in Monroe or something. PM me your email and I'll send pics.

Thanks, but only interested in Japanese cars.

Good luck! We were looking for similar for my 16-yo but gave up because everything in that price range was a beater.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Thanks! Seattle market is ridiculous, people asking 6-8k for anything decent with a 3k bluebook! Just have to be patient...

Quote Originally Posted by npm View Post
    Thanks! Seattle market is ridiculous, people asking 6-8k for anything decent with a 3k bluebook! Just have to be patient...
    There a quite a few Honda Crv's in your price range on Seattle craigslist. A good set of snow tires and you'll always get up there. Easier on gas too

Quote Originally Posted by lemmy View Post
    There a quite a few Honda Crv's in your price range on Seattle craigslist. A good set of snow tires and you'll always get up there. Easier on gas too
    Honda had some transmission issues in the early to mid 2000's so do your research if you add them to your mix. That includes Acura, we test drove a MDX and the transmission went out in the middle of the test drive. I believe they had it sorted by late 2006 or early 2007. Check car survey.com and it's pretty apparent where the problem begins and ends.
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

Good to know, a CRV could work. What do you know about the 1999 version?

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    Honda had some transmission issues in the early to mid 2000's so do your research if you add them to your mix. That includes Acura, we test drove a MDX and the transmission went out in the middle of the test drive. I believe they had it sorted by late 2006 or early 2007. Check car survey.com and it's pretty apparent where the problem begins and ends.

Dude your all-trac die?

Never had one actually, just a 2WD wagon, but the engine is starting to leak/burn oil and at 260k miles its not worth putting a new engine into.

Quote Originally Posted by ~542~ View Post
    Dude your all-trac die?

crazy to pass up that jeep for a beat qx4!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1thenaton1 View Post
    crazy to pass up that jeep for a beat qx4!!
    Seriously... my Jeep is sweet. But to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Seriously... my Jeep is sweet. But to each his own.
    I'm just glad you're not willing to deliver to CO.

lol Jeeps. There's a reason he's willing to sell it with only 115k miles for 4k...

I have an 06 pathfinder that I have put way too much money into. Look into them closer. Lots of issues with transmissions and timing chains. One of the worst cars I've owned from a repair perspective.

lol Jeeps. There's a reason he's willing to sell it with only 115k miles for 4k...
    Yes, because I don't want to rape people for 3x BlueBook unlike any Toyota or Subaru seller.

Have fun buying a gutless, 30 year old POS with 250,000 miles! (Don't worry, they're all "highway miles.")

Yes, because I don't want to rape people for 3x BlueBook unlike any Toyota or Subaru seller.

Have fun buying a gutless, 30 year old POS with 250,000 miles! (Don't worry, they're all "highway miles.")

"Minimal rust"
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Good to know, a CRV could work. What do you know about the 1999 version?
    I'm not sure, I know that the early 2000's trannys were shit. I'm a huge fan of Toyota and Infiniti. I currently own a 94 and 97 Land Cruiser and a 08 Infiniti FX35. I'd drive any of them to Alaska tomorrow in a snow storm. We were completely sold on a MDX but went with the Infiniti because of the transmission issues Honda had. Car survey.com is a great place to start when looking at a used car.
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

You're so chill bro. Thanks for the awesome advice much appreciated!