Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vermont Ski Areas

I'm looking for info on Vermont Ski Areas. Specifically, I want to know how long it takes to go from bottom to top on various lifts and the vertical that each lift serves. I haven't had much luck shopping around on the internet, so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions or info.

Stratton has a six pack that goes right to the top and they carry your skis to the lifts. Fast and luxurious.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Paging Greg to the white courtesy phone...
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Stowe is 8 minutes bottom to top of lift on either Gondola or Quad. 20 minute hike from gondi to the top of the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by 12monthsofsnow View Post
    I'm looking for info on Vermont Ski Areas. Specifically, I want to know how long it takes to go from bottom to top on various lifts and the vertical that each lift serves. I haven't had much luck shopping around on the internet, so I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions or info.
    You havent had much luck because you are too lazy to look
    Do you really think anybody is going to look it up for you?
    picador

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

You could probably get specific data about one little ski hill in southern Vermont from the usual suspects, but not much more. Any other hill is just sooooo uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You could probably get specific data about one little ski hill in southern Vermont from the usual suspects, but not much more. Any other hill is just sooooo uncool.
    Stratton is the coolest, Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by jon gaper View Post
    You havent had much luck because you are too lazy to look
    Do you really think anybody is going to look it up for you?
    +1

Yeah really each resort website has at least some, if not all the info you seek.

Ahem. Not everyone is lucky enough to have their own stripper.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Ahh late summer, when all the idiot 1 posters come out to play.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Ahh late summer, when all the idiot 1 posters come out to play.
    Hey, no snarky comments until you tell us how many centimeters are going to fall on the cats, berks, daks, spine (north, central, and south), nh, coastal maine, northern maine, laurentians, townships, and gaspesie.

So, 13 blog posts only.

@LHutz
    When will Poughkeepsie start getting the big storms?

to the OP - you are dd dumb
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I need to know about this season - dec/Jan training will be fundamental to improving my current 6.4/10 p
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    I need to know about this season - dec/Jan training will be fundamental to improving my current 6.4/10 p
    we can cross train some climbs if you remember how from the 80s.

Who cares?
    Rope speed doesn't matter if the goods are crappy.
    Nothing in Vermont has appreciable vertical

But if you are hell bent on gaining such useless info, PM Greg@AlpineZone. He's a veritable font of knowledge about east coast skiing.

Or practice your Google-fu.
    Or see if there might be an app for that.

Vermont Ski Areas

Hey mo sno, sorry for all the jokers in here... I think I can be of some assistance:

At Mad River Glen, it's a mere 20 minutes to the summit on a sleek newly revamped single chair. Gaining nearly 2000' of vertical, it rivals anything found in Europe (eastern) for speed, comfort and storm durability. Spending nearly $1.2M, the coop board decided to stay with the single chair, even though a new double would actually be $200k less. It gives new meaning to the term frugal Yankee.

For perhaps the most idiosyncratic lifts in Vermont, you need to travel a bit further south to Magic Mt. where Big Red and Mr. Black compete for king of the mt. daily. It's never quite certain which will win out, but you can always count on a good dual. Uncertainties are a way of life, but the payoff is huge and can not be rivaled. Magic is not for the seat heated, double pleated, sheep bleated pussy crowd... It's for real lift riders who accept the challenges and relish the risks it takes to get to the top.

But perhaps the newest and most sophisticated lift in all of Vermont is now at Okemo, where a heated, bubble wrapped six pack rack will whisk you to the top in less than 12 minutes. However, it is extremely confusing as skiers often inadvertently choose to continue back around on the lift, riding the bull wheel, as it is impossible to tell which way the slopes are inclined. This minor flaw thus increases the average lift ride to 36 minutes making it among the slowest in Vermont.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Vermont Ski Areas

For why you want to know this? I would find this info rather irrelevant in VT. Perhaps the interwebz agrees w me.
    Uno mas

OK, the info you seek (vert, minutes):

Killington K1 gondola (1976, 8.5)
    Jay Peak tram (2231, 7)
    Sugarbush Green Mountain Express (1495, 6.9)
    Cannon Mountain Tram (1810, 6)
    Stratton Mountain Ejaculator (2871, 19)
    Plattekill Triple (9831, 4.5)
    Alta Ripkiller (76321, 2.2)
    Mt. Jongly Gatekeeper (93, 4:20)
    Magic Mountain Benny Can Blow Us (stats pending funding)
    Powdermaggot GFY Jong (234, Look it up)
    [quote][//quote]

How does one become a TGR forum member on the internet but does not know how to locate simple Vermont lift stats? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Who cares?

But if you are hell bent on gaining such useless info, PM Greg@AlpineZone. He's a veritable font of knowledge about east coast skiing.
    Thank you, I don't have all the answers. This one is 13 minutes though.

Vermont Ski Areas

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    I don't have all the answers.
    So what?!... I never let that stop me.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Hi 12monthsofsnow! Have you had enough of this rude and childish treatment after posting such a friendly and legitimate inquiry? I bet you have! Do you wish there was a winter sports forum that understood the passion of eastern snowriders like yourself? Well there is! I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi 12monthsofsnow! Have you had enough of this rude and childish treatment after posting such a friendly and legitimate inquiry? I bet you have! Do you wish there was a winter sports forum that understood the passion of eastern snowriders like yourself? Well there is! I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime