Yosemite without a car

Anyone done it? I'm planning a trip out there for early/mid-October and if I forgo a rental car I'll be able to stay out there longer. I'd like to fly through Reno so I can visit some non-climber friends in Tahoe, but it might be a pain in the ass to get to the valley from there without my own car. Flying into Fresno might be a better option. Planning on staying in Camp 4 and hoping to find climbing partners when I get there.

Pretty sure there is a bus from Reno down 395 and you could then hitch hike in.

I bussed in from San Fran a few years back, worked pretty well.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Pretty sure there's a bus up from Fresno. Never done it (live three hours away, have car), but I swear I've seen people talk about it on climbing forums. Supertopo.com is what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

YARTS does have a stop at the Fresno airport now, I'm just waiting to hear back from them as to what the route schedule will be in October.

Yes , there is public options to the valley, and around the the park. Of course hitching a ride in the park is pretty easy. Technically there is a two week camping limit, but don't know how well enforced it is.

You can also get there from LAX on public trans It is a bit of a pain and takes all day and several transfers to various agencies, but it is doable if LAX is a better option cost wise, etc.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

How's the overall vibe in Camp 4 when leaving gear behind for the day? I realize this can vary and shit can happen, but is everybody locking their stuff up all the time when they leave camp? This is the only thing I'm worried about with not having a car.

Booked my flights tonight so I'll be in Yosemite from October 8th until the 20th. Don't have any partners lined up yet, so if anyone wants to climb, give me a shout.