Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Hateful Eight a film by Quentin Tarantino

The trailer seems a little light, but it could be me. Nevertheless it should be a cozy Christmas film for all of the good children.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

yea it looks good but the lady hostage seems crazy- I think she's going to be the real wild card in this movie

I thought Tarantino had his panties in a bunch and wasn't going to film this one since the script got released early by gawker or something?

his films are always amusing though so glad he worked through it

Since Scorsese seems to be retired, sort of, he's our only auteur at the moment. I enjoy every one of his films.

Where did he end up filming this? Was going to be Jackson back in the day but kinda looked like CB in the trailer.

My boss and I got upgraded a few years on a flight and Tarantino was in the row across from us. Boss got cross eyed from a drink and ambien and says to him "hey buddy, we went to high school together right?" Tarantino led him on for quite a while. Seemed like a cool dude.

Coen brothers don't make the grade for you?

Look forward to the film-sucker for a Western.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Where did he end up filming this? Was going to be Jackson back in the day but kinda looked like CB in the trailer.

My boss and I got upgraded a few years on a flight and Tarantino was in the row across from us. Boss got cross eyed from a drink and ambien and says to him "hey buddy, we went to high school together right?" Tarantino led him on for quite a while. Seemed like a cool dude.
    I think I read it was filmed somewhere in Wyo but definitely looked colorad-ish to us too

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I think I read it was filmed somewhere in Wyo but definitely looked colorad-ish to us too
    They filmed it around Telluride but the movie is set in Wyoming.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Coen brothers don't make the grade for you?

Look forward to the film-sucker for a Western.
    Whoops.

But I don't enjoy all of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Since Scorsese seems to be retired, sort of, he's our only auteur at the moment.
    Coen brothers? Wes Anderson? Paul Thomas Anderson? David Lynch?

Django was a piece of shit, and I swore QT off after seeing it in the theaters.

But I'm a sucker for westerns and this looks worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

But I'm a sucker for westerns and this looks worthy.
    How is Django a piece of shit. That's his second or third best movie

Rocksmoker
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Huh? What?

Here's the script if you want to read, no spoiling the party please. http://www.pdfmagaz.in/02274412-the-...tin-tarantino/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Django was awesome.

Wes Anderson blows. Can't stand his stuff.

Paul Thomas has to make more movies to count.

Your internal meter needs recalibration ....

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    They filmed it around Telluride but the movie is set in Wyoming.
    Ya, those wide outdoor shots are the Wilson group in the background..... Or so I read on the Internets.

Django was awesome.

Wes Anderson blows. Can't stand his stuff.

Paul Thomas has to make more movies to count.
    Oh, I get it....your definition of "auteur" is restricted to films you like. Sorry, Benny, that is not what "auteur" means.

Damn right.

I almost walked out of the last Wes Anderson movie I saw. That one with the two little shitty kids who ran away from home or something. God, that movie was pretentious junk.

I agree with benny that I didn't like moonrise kingdom much either
    and Andrew kept saying how great he thought it was and kept going on and on about it and I thought it sucked and couldn't figure out why he liked it almost to the point that we were getting into a fight about it. So I decided to be the bigger person and not ridicule his film tastes-
    then the next day he casually mentions that he took some acid before we went to the movie...ah-ha

I liked Grand Budapest hotel though- the paintings were funny enough to make it worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Huh? What?

Here's the script if you want to read, no spoiling the party please. http://www.pdfmagaz.in/02274412-the-...tin-tarantino/
    No thanks, I trust good dialogue, plot twists and acting from a QT movie. It's too much cartoonish gore for no reason in Django (and in a lot of his movies) makes it stupid. First half I liked a lot, then it got old. I expect some gore of course in Hateful Eight, but I like westerns and I wanna see a 70mm film in theaters.

Since Scorsese seems to be retired, sort of, he's our only auteur at the moment. I enjoy every one of his films.
    I saw somewhere that he's slated to direct DiCaprio in a movie about serial killer H.H. Holmes. Some studio just got the rights to it, and it all sounds tentative now, but those two work good together.

No thanks, I trust good dialogue, plot twists and acting from a QT movie. It's too much cartoonish gore for no reason in Django (and in a lot of his movies) makes it stupid. First half I liked a lot, then it got old. I expect some gore of course in Hateful Eight, but I like westerns and I wanna see a 70mm film in theaters.
    His stuff would look good in a drive in, or a small, down on life theatre in a fading small city downtown. But, a drive in, first. Sometimes I think they are made for that medium.

Amazing how Pulp Fiction holds up after all this time. Furgetabout Reservior Dogs. Jackie Brown is a real work.

There's only cartoonish gore at the very end and its glorious. It's called style. Get some
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The basement scene in IG and the dining room scene in JU were some of the best pieces of film ever made. QT knows how to build tension.

Quote Originally Posted by groundcontrol323 View Post
    I saw somewhere that he's slated to direct DiCaprio in a movie about serial killer H.H. Holmes. Some studio just got the rights to it, and it all sounds tentative now, but those two work good together.
    They're doing "Devil in the White City"
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Scorcese is working on this right now: