Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    3. Buy a Audi/BMW repair shop and use your forum connections to convince people to buy 10 year old Audi/BMW's.
    You might want to ask longtime member Aldo about that one before you sink a ton of cashish into it.

Move to a cheaper cost of living area, put it in an index fund, and live off the dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Is weed really that lucrative anymore with legalization? serious(ish) question
    My sister has done the harvest in CA for the few yrs but this past yr she said it is no longer worth the money as they aren't paying out as robustly as in the past
    maybe completely different from the dispensaries etc though?
    The price of weed has stayed relatively flat compared to other things
    Depends on where you get in. I have a couple of friends that bought in early near ski areas in Colorado that have done very well. Others that had to fight for customers in Denver and Boulder have done well but sold out early due to competition. Another place that gets over looked is towns near the state line like Pueblo and Sterling, very little competition and they charge higher prices than you could get before legalization due to all the folks coming over from next door to partake and smuggle back home.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Get paid legal advice. If your attorney wants in, even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Just about zero has changed in Ak. Anyone who wanted to grew it anyway, as it was cheaper than laying out $40/week cash per kid so they could have dope.

Is weed really that lucrative anymore with legalization? serious(ish) question
    My sister has done the harvest in CA for the few yrs but this past yr she said it is no longer worth the money as they aren't paying out as robustly as in the past
    maybe completely different from the dispensaries etc though?
    The price of weed has stayed relatively flat compared to other things
    Yes. Dispos are very lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Broad sketch. Devil's in the details, but such is life.

Big clones in Coco. GH 0/6/9, drippers DTW, 40g res/room will give about 4 days unattended use at peak delivery. CO2 in tent or sealed room. Carbon filtered I/O. Dehumidifiers/ac. Forgiving system that still eliminates 99% of agricultural pitfalls. It will fkn blowitup too.

UPS, ballasts, timers & env control system for 1 room integrated on 1 plyboard. Pigtail to breaker box. Safe. Portable. Quiet. Plug 'n play.

Third bedroom of a 3br ranch property= either Veg/propagation, or long strains. All under the <10kwh per bedroom/day parameter of normal American slob electrical usage.

Security/security theater: yes, and yes. It's a job. Property management, landscaping, enough signs of activity to deter rippers, a good story about how you're financing this renovation out of your hip pocket for the nosy neighbors, scheduling real tradesmen to move forward on what could be the real moneymaker of the whole deal - the renovation of the real properties themselves ...

Get paid legal advice. If your attorney wants in, even better.

Plug it in like a McDonald's franchise, keep logs and take measurements. That's how they figure out what works and what doesn't. Also, the more systematized and modular the production system, the smoother it can run, and the more can produced by 1 unit of human labor/time input.
    Yep... That's all there is to it...
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

You could buy a couple FedEx routes and probably net 10% with semi active management.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    You could buy a couple FedEx routes and probably net 10% with semi active management.
    Looks cool.

Found this on Reddit

"FedEx contractor here. I currently have 9 FedEx Ground routes and spent about 1.5 years searching for the right listing, so I can give you plenty of advice. I looked at plenty of businesses but I ended up with FedEx routes for the same reason you are seeing: no marketing, no accounts receivable, no utilities or typical brick and mortar costs, and 5-day work weeks. All you worry about are employees and truck maintenance.
    I gave serious consideration to buying about 5 different FedEx listings. They ranged in price from $440,000 to $2,800,000 and for one reason or another I either passed or the deal couldn't be made. My advice to you is to be patient and find a listing where the contractor has been there for several years and has a manager in place. My personal opinion is to go for Line Haul if you have the capital, but if not I would go with Ground versus HD."
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Bernie Madoff gave really consistent 9-11% returns for years, up or down markets, thick or thin. Oh, wait......

Mark twain says Buy land, they're not making it anymore
    Witty fellow, but, shitty businessman.

Being a passive investor in quality real estate development opportunity has IRRs starting at 18%, and well up from there.

Last guy I worked with netted 20.

But you need connections and ability to decipher through the crap.

you don't know what you don't know SO you won't know wtf until you go some place
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

'

Get yourself a dealers license and head to the auction.

Buy 20 or so $10,000.00 JAPANESE cars, and sell them for $13,000.00. That's $60,000.00 in profit every inventory flip. IN-house financing can yield 15% easy.

You can buy a actual lot or rent a warehouse and set up shop online.

Rentals are always a good bet. I am currently becoming a slum lord in Highlands Ranch.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 08-11-2015 at 08:02 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

I feel like what you really need is just a good accountant and a solid plan when it comes to investment (I know that the thread is old but like everyone talks about investing now with the virus)

Seems legit. I know one place everyone wants to invest at right now. respirators or face masks. But honestly investing is a lot of work that I don't really feel like a lot of people understand. I personally am more focused on saving money at the moment. I know that it might sound really old-fashioned of me but I feel like nowadays when everything is so super expensive there are a lot of ways for me to save money so that I have more time to travel and do all those other little things in life that make it so full of joy. With the marker being in the constant turmoil I feel like it doesn't matter if you invest or not. You will lose something at some point and it might just be big enough that you will regret the investment in the first place.
    Last edited by landy5277; 03-02-2020 at 05:05 AM.

All I can say, 5 years later, is Im glad I don't live in Highlands Ranch anymore.

You still a slumlord there or did you get all the way out?

Deeds of trust.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I followed all the advice in this thread back in '15 and turned $1MM into $500K.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I followed all the advice in this thread back in '15 and turned $1MM into $500K.
    so you moved to a resort town and didn't stay too long?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

..and bought a bunch of Jap cars before the Takata airbag recall.

Last time I listen to you retards.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

Get yourself a dealers license and head to the auction.

Buy 20 or so $10,000.00 JAPANESE cars, and sell them for $13,000.00. That's $60,000.00 in profit every inventory flip. IN-house financing can yield 15% easy.

You can buy a actual lot or rent a warehouse and set up shop online.

Rentals are always a good bet. I am currently becoming a slum lord in Highlands Ranch.

Last edited by Beer Drinker; 08-11-2015 at 07:02 AM.
    I don't know how to get 10% ROI, but I do want to know how Beer Drinker edited Bobby's post.

What an odd bump by two Jongs.

Did Pio ever get that boat?
    I still call it The Jake.

Rat Flu Pills.