PSA: FIT4 damper upgrades now available

After some handy googling, was able to find that FIT4 damper upgrades for Fox forks are now available from a spot in Australia: https://www.cyclinic.com.au/fox-evol...-fork-upgrade/

It's about $240 shipped to the U.S. for Pike-level performance out of your older 34/32 (I think?). Definitely excited to slip one in my 34 in the coming weeks/months.

You (or your LBS) can get them cheaper from Fox directly. I called them and ordered one for my 2014 Float 34, and got the "Factory" model for $215. I figured I'd take a look at how difficult an upgrade it looks like when it gets here, then decide whether to bring it in the the LBS or do it myself. I ordered it myself because I needed to get parts to service (and install a Vorsprung Corset on) my shock anyways, which I don't need the LBS for.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    You (or your LBS) can get them cheaper from Fox directly. I called them and ordered one for my 2014 Float 34, and got the "Factory" model for $215. I figured I'd take a look at how difficult an upgrade it looks like when it gets here, then decide whether to bring it in the the LBS or do it myself. I ordered it myself because I needed to get parts to service (and install a Vorsprung Corset on) my shock anyways, which I don't need the LBS for.
    You can already get them?? The Service folks at Fox told me not til September at least...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    You can already get them?? The Service folks at Fox told me not til September at least...
    Yup, called last Wednesday and it arrived Thursday (I live like 100 miles away from their service center in Watsonville). It's definitely the FIT4. I honestly was a bit surprised myself (called expecting them to say that I had to wait), I ordered on the spot rather than go through the LBS.

Cool! Did you call service? Just got an email back from them saying they'd be available by end of the month. Lemme know how she rides!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Yup, the 1-800-369-7469 (FOX-SHOX) number listed on the website. I talked to Nick.

I've got a couple rides on this now, along with a Vorsprung Corset on my shock, and the transformation is amazing. The suspension is waaaayyyy smoother over small bumps now, which we've got a lot of in CA right now (dust filled craters). I had the LBS install for me, as per Fox instructions you need a few specialized fork service tools (which I don't have) in order to install. In lieu of the Corset for the shock, you can now get the EVOL air can which should similarly help the shock. I'm running the fork at 65 psi / 20% sag with it set to "Open" and the adjust set to the softest setting, but flip to Firm for fire road climbs. The shock is now at 190 psi / 30% sag, also left in "Descend" except for "Climb" on fire road climbs. I did notice that the rear suspension bobs more now despite my DW-Link, but can live with this if it means I'm not being jackhammered by small bumps.

My only complaint is that either my fork or shock now makes a squeaky-squish noise somewhere in mid-travel (I think the shock). Otherwise, these were a great upgrade, and way cheaper than trying to sell my fork and buying a Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I've got a couple rides on this now, along with a Vorsprung Corset on my shock, and the transformation is amazing. The suspension is waaaayyyy smoother over small bumps now, which we've got a lot of in CA right now (dust filled craters). I had the LBS install for me, as per Fox instructions you need a few specialized fork service tools (which I don't have) in order to install. In lieu of the Corset for the shock, you can now get the EVOL air can which should similarly help the shock. I'm running the fork at 65 psi / 20% sag with it set to "Open" and the adjust set to the softest setting, but flip to Firm for fire road climbs. The shock is now at 190 psi / 30% sag, also left in "Descend" except for "Climb" on fire road climbs. I did notice that the rear suspension bobs more now despite my DW-Link, but can live with this if it means I'm not being jackhammered by small bumps.

My only complaint is that either my fork or shock now makes a squeaky-squish noise somewhere in mid-travel (I think the shock). Otherwise, these were a great upgrade, and way cheaper than trying to sell my fork and buying a Pike.
    Sweet! Have one coming in the next month and am super excited. Are you running it stiffer than you did your old fork?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Sweet! Have one coming in the next month and am super excited. Are you running it stiffer than you did your old fork?
    About the same, sag & pressure-wise. I tried running higher % with a fast-ish rebound before to try and address small bumps, but ran into problems with the fork diving in turns. I may have even had to back it down to <20% before, I forget. I don't weigh much (155), so high sag % means a lot lower pressure compared to bigger 180+ guys. Now its nice on small bumps but doesn't dive on turns or bottom out on every big hit.