Idaho Aug 8-11 ish ????

Will be passing through Idaho this weekend (Aug 8-11) on our way from NC to Seattle.

Looking to get on something with the wife one day (class 3-4) and something class 4-5 myself one day if I can hook up with a crew.

So any water left? And what's the best way to hook up with a crew?

From what a friend has been posting on the book of faces it looks like the Salmon around Riggins is in with lots of surfing to be had. All roadside, can hitch a shuttle if you don't hook up with anyone, beach camping available upstream from town, definitely not class 4-5 but warm water and fun day on the water.

Hit Banks, ID, and the Payette drainage. class II-tough V in the area. Find boaters at the big parking lot at the put in for the Main stretch. Mostly road side scouting for everything so you can see what you might want to run. Some of it is damn controlled so there's still water.

Conundrums advice is solid, you can also stop in Boise and talk to the folks at Idaho River Sport
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

Thanks! We are in Boise tonight and planning to head up to Banks tomorrow find a campsite and run the main and maybe chill at a hot spring.

I'm going to try to hookup with a group for the NF Sunday and also see if I can get a lap of the SF canyon with the wife Sunday or Monday.

Cooler is full of good microbrew to give away

Had an absolute blast. Got a bottom 5 lap on Sunday afternoon which was incredible fun and a lap on SF Canyon, staircase, and the main.

Many hot springs dips as well!

What a cool area. I will only tell a few