Thread: Near Park City?

Near Park City?

Gonna be in Park City area this week with one of my kids. She wants to go do the alpine coaster and zip lines at PCMR. I'd rather hvae her teach me a thing or two about climbing. I see there are some crags just off I-84 between SLC and PC, and also that there's a joint called Echo Canyon not too far away. Do either of those have fun, easy to find moderates? I'm just looking to fill up a few hours on Friday afternoon or Sat morning.

Never been there but I just looked it up Utah on mountain project. August is shown as one of the least climbed months at Echo, probably due to heat. And only one of the walls shows a handful of toproping. I don't know your skill level (looks like there's a lot of sport climbing in Utah, pretty cool), but if you just want to have a pleasant time for a few hours on moderate top-ropes, i would think there's a better place.

Maybe give this a look? about the same distance from Park City:
    http://www.mountainproject.com/v/sch...area/105739413
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

go to big cottonwood canyon. there are a ton of easy to find crags with easy to moderate routes right at the bottom of the canyon. Dogwood, challenge buttress, the slips, to name a few.......

The climbs at the mouth of parleys are entertaining for a couple hours at most. Easy to top rope though....
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Well, Friday was my day to climb and it rained. So we headed into town and hit Momentum in Millcreek. That's one hell of a gym. Was climbing next to Kai Lightner, which was kind of cool. That kid can climb.

spent Thurs and Fri nights watching Psicobloc at the Olympic Park. That was a blast. My kid has wanted to go see that since the first time she saw a video. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to climb the Psicobloc wall ourselves. It was still not reset on Sat morning, and we had to get back to Boise.

If you live in the area, or if you find yourself anywhere near Park City in early August next year, this even it definitely a worthy way to spend a night or two.
    Last edited by Jamespio; 08-09-2015 at 06:51 PM.

You wouldn't by any chance be building up a post count to start spamming, would you workboot?