Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    I found it in TN, where I used to live. Small Toyota dealer, looking to move a big unit late in the month.
    what will be your first mod? (and congrats!)

I won't do anything to it until the first set of tires wear out. Mom rig.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    I've had this forever, and almost got rid of it ~10 years ago, which I'm glad didn't happen because it continues to put a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.
    classic ride, way to keep a hold on it.

BD jr on the way??
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

I've got two over 5 and a 190 lb dog.

Fuck... I hope nothings on the way.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    dont know if it qualifies as "Fun", but I think its fun. Just "inherited" a 2008 Saab 9-5 2.5T wagon. My parents car. Bought new. Literally EVERY service record since new. Just had it at my local Saab guy for a few minor repairs. She's pretty much in tip top shape. 121K on the clock. Not the fastest whip in the world, but she's a sleeper for sure..love wagons. Free doesnt hurt either.
    Nice. I've owned a few of those over the years and loved em. Put some snows on the front and they're unstoppable. Super comfy seats. They take TONS of gear with the seats down too. Post up some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    Dayum I would really enjoy that M5 wagon. I've always been a fan of the M5 from the first iteration. A part of me wants to make an old car like that a daily driver, but then reality sets in and practicality takes precedence. That said, I totally get the 'fun car' desire ...

I've had this forever, and almost got rid of it ~10 years ago, which I'm glad didn't happen because it continues to put a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.

Attachment 181508
    That is one clean e30. If you ever think about selling it. Send me a message!!!
    I have two right now an Es and an Ix

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1461801258.665402.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  99.1 KB Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1461801275.582879.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  104.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Nice. I've owned a few of those over the years and loved em. Put some snows on the front and they're unstoppable. Super comfy seats. They take TONS of gear with the seats down too. Post up some pics.
    My parents have owned Saab for probably 20 years now. Good cars mostly. Harder to find parts and good mechanics these days but not impossible. Here in Utah snows for sure but my family living in Goshen NY and NJ mostly just drove her with all seasons.

The seats are great. Super deep and plush. This ones pretty cherry.

Will snap some pics. I'm jealous I only get to drive her on weekends as it's wifeys daily driver.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    My parents have owned Saab for probably 20 years now. Good cars mostly.

Laugh ... but this is my dd.

(not my pic, but basically my car)

128K miles and I haven't needed to fix a darn thing. Still has the original plugs. Pulls like a train and is tight. The only downside is that the interior feels cheap. Just a great engine though (turbo 6 from Holden ... Australia).

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Laugh ... but this is my dd.

(not my pic, but basically my car)

128K miles and I haven't needed to fix a darn thing. Still has the original plugs. Pulls like a train and is tight. The only downside is that the interior feels cheap. Just a great engine though (turbo 6 from Holden ... Australia).
    My dad just sold one after some body damage he didnt want to fix like that. Maroon though. 5 speed. 200k original turbo orig clutch. Despite what many possibly think they're fun pretty reliable cars. Slightly downhill when GM took over but still damned good.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Couldnt resist stopping to check this out. sweet rig.. RHD. No price

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462048795914.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	181697

Back to the SAAB thing...we had three different 900's, those cars were awesome despite some oddities. An '86 900, an '89 900s, and a '93 900 turbo convertible (wife's car). Those cars were great no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1462048795914.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	181697
    Wondering about the "All duties paid" thing...is that rig right-hand drive?

Yes RHD

Import taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Back to the SAAB thing...we had three different 900's, those cars were awesome despite some oddities. An '86 900, an '89 900s, and a '93 900 turbo convertible (wife's car). Those cars were great no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Some of the rocks that fall on the Wasatch roads are taller than a car. So I have taken to driving around them. So far so good.
    I know, right??? I need to slow down driving on those mountain roads when I can't see around a corner. Early on in my life I went through cars and I still get the "buy a new car to me" impulse on a regular basis.
    I love my V70R wagon, even if she is getting a little long in the tooth and want to try and make her last another 4 years. My wife has a sweet 335 with maybe 60k on it and the way she drives, it has about another 8 years on it. All that said, I think the next car will be for fun and will be something like this for the road trips I want to do.
    Name:  etrek.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  47.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I remember the Saab 900s Turbos being stupid fast on the track, and unbeatable in the rain.

I'm not quite there yet, but in a few years the wife and I will definitely be looking for a nice Sprinter van to tour the country in. Has to be winterized though

When I think of what "fun car" I'd like to have it's always been a roadster of some type. I'm drawn to just about anything classic, but I've always liked the Mazda MX-5 / Miata, and now they've gone and made the "RF" targa option. Love it.

Name:	2016-05-01_093747.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	181740
    Who cares how the crow flies

^that is a cool targa style.

Family Saabs:

1990 coupe, automagic, 0-60 in about 10 -15 seconds

1987 red turbo coupe/hb 5 spd, dad's first fun car after having kids.

1993 black limited turbo hb, 6spd on tan leather. Dad's 2nd fun car, handed down to me. Wish I could have a do over with it and keep it. Great car and a fun cruiser.

1987 900 SPG manual, little brother's first car. Not as fast as the 93t or pretty, but still fun.

~1993 9000 aero 5spd, best highway cruiser of the lot. Less enjoyable in the twisties than the 900s, but enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I know, right??? I need to slow down driving on those mountain roads when I can't see around a corner. Early on in my life I went through cars and I still get the "buy a new car to me" impulse on a regular basis.
    When I was in college at the U a boulder the size of a prius fell on Big Cottonwood. Learned then & there that shit falls on the road that will ruin your day, tread accordingly. Got the same revolving car problem, though now Ive finally got a 2 car situation that handles most needs.
    Success has many fathers, while failure remains an orphan // Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not the fish they are after - HDT

Quote Originally Posted by TeleTahoe View Post
    That is one clean e30. If you ever think about selling it. Send me a message!!!
    I have two right now an Es and an Ix
    Thanks- it's been a garage queen it's whole life, which certainly defines it as my "fun car". 26 years old and it only has 106k miles on it, and still the original clutch which is surprising since probably 50k of those miles were either driving to or around a track. It's got M3 springs, huge sways, camber plates, offset bushings, ducted rotors, short shift (linkage from an E36 M3), supersprint exhaust, and the list goes on.

I had an '85 325e four door 'commuter' that looked exactly like your two door, but got rid of it when it had 260K miles on it, and it caught on fire for the second time. Good times.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Had a Viggen for about 80k miles.
    Short list of repairs: Engine rebuild, Transmission rebuild, wheel bearings, security alarm, etc...
    Still loved that car though. By the end I had installed a LSD and bumped up the power with a few bolt-ons. It was a sleeper on the highway and in the twistys.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Mid to late 70s F-250 Highboy. Set up like this one.

Attachment 169795

Sent from the other side
    Somebody on here has a nice white one, can't remember who though.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My parents had a '93 Saab 9000 turbo when I was a high school. I learned to drive on that car - its was quirky but fast with tons of turbo lag. I remember it being the fastest full size you could buy in 1993; they topped out at 155 mph with had no speed limiter. It wasn't terribly reliable but it was certainly sleeper car.

Saab weren't near BMW, Audi or Merc in terms of performance but they made some cool, funky cars. I remember reading about the 9-3 Viggen and how its was exciting to drive for all the wrong reasons because the torque steer and turbo lag. Still a cool car.

Name:  SwadeSaab9-3Viggen.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  355.9 KB

Probably some of the wonkiest looking cars ever made.

I drove my sisters 9-3 turbo cross-country at about 110mph. Good car, never let up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid