Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Space exploration is a total waste of $$, so is TANG

Can anyone name a single benefit learned from spending billions of dollars on space exploration? Cool pictures, yes, curiosities peaked, yes. One life altering discovery, not even close.

Now they found a planet millions of light years away that is just like Earth. And??? Im a one Earth kind of guy, f those other planets.

Earthling til I die bitches

I like your tone Dheli. I'm gonna go ahead and throw my hat into the "earthling til I die" ring also. Everybody's all wound up about Mars, huh? Well, I say screw Mars. Screw it right in it big ole red face.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Is my sarcasm meter broken?

Space travel is key to the long-term survival of our species, especially if we keep trashing this place.
    focus.

Polly Asshat?

That's a good call Mustonen. Worst case, we can use our space travel expertise to export our trash to someplace less relevant like GODDAMNED MARS.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

The computer processor, LEDs, insulin pumps, modern water filters, memory foam, modern hearing aides, modern insulation, CAT scanners, smoke detectors, solar panels.... were all invented by/for NASA.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

And also, some of those pictures are really cool.
    You left out Velcro.
    But fuck NASA. #OccupyEarth
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    memory foam
    Benny owes his comfy mattress to NASA ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Wars are good too. Lots of cool stuff gets invented in wars. I'll take the other side of this. I fucking love Mars. Space exploration and wars FTW.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Polly Asshat?
    Black Hole

A real fucking dummy post. Major ranking loss. 6 full points. So you're prob at a 1/10
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Can anyone name a single benefit learned from spending billions of dollars on space exploration? Cool pictures, yes, curiosities peaked, yes. One life altering discovery, not even close.

Now they found a planet millions of light years away that is just like Earth. And??? Im a one Earth kind of guy, f those other planets.

Fuck- seriously?

What else do you hate? Dogs, spicy food and beer? Do you hate the rubber in your sneakers? Because an early version of that was developed for space suits, you sad, sad neanderthal.

A rat done bit my sister Nell
    With whitey on the moon
    Her face and arms began to swell
    And whitey is on the moon
    I can't pay no doctor bills
    But whitey is on the moon
    Ten years from now I'll be payin' still
    With whitey on the moon ya know?
    The man just upped my rent last night
    Cause whitey is on the moon
    No hot water, no toilets, no lights
    But whitey is on the moon
    I wonder why he's uppin' me?
    Cause whitey is on the moon
    Well I was givin' him 50 dollars a week
    And now whitey is on the moon

Taxes takin' my check
    The junkies make me a nervous wreck
    The price of food is goin' up and as if all that crap wasn't enough a rat done bit my sister Nell with whitey on the moon her face and arms began to swell with whitey on the moon with all that money I made last year put whitey on the moon how come I aint got no money here? Hmmm whitey on the moon ya know I just about had my fill of whitey on the moon
    I think I'll send these bills air mail special to whitey on the moon

Help can't even help now and whitey is on the moon aid for my brothers and sisters how whitey is on the moon guess well just sit by dyin' with whitey on the moon dogs have better luck at there tails tryin' whitey is on the moon fed up us people are and whitey is on the moon the slogan poverty or bust later to whitey on the moon
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    A real fucking dummy post. Major ranking loss. 6 full points. So you're prob at a 1/10
    This totally reads like a digitaldeath post. You're just jealous you didn't think of it first.

For space travel, I totally disagree. Let's make up some numbers. Lets say if everyone in America (about 300 million people) puts in the cost of a movie, say $10, then you're looking at a budget of $3 billion, which is within the ballpark of NASA sending something to space. For the price of a movie, I get dramatic photos of Pluto. I get to know that some OCD nerds had the skills to calculate the speed and trajectory to land some bicycle sized rover on a frikin' comet. I get to contemplate life and how life formed.

I can buy all the dumbness in this thread, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that dd didn't author it -

^^^^lol - jinx!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

XXX'er--Did you write that poem. If not, please credit.

One of the founding fathers of rap ... Gil Scott Heron

https://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?f...7s+on+the+moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaRtqrlGy8

I like this one as well^^

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    The computer processor, LEDs, insulin pumps, modern water filters, memory foam, modern hearing aides, modern insulation, CAT scanners, smoke detectors, solar panels.... were all invented by/for NASA.
    You're confusing NASA with space exploration. yeah NASA wastes money on that dumb shit but NASA actually contributes huge to the American Aerospace industry.

We've found moon rocks and we think there is ice on Pluto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerome View Post
    This totally reads like a digitaldeath post. You're just jealous you didn't think of it first.

For space travel, I totally disagree. Let's make up some numbers. Lets say if everyone in America (about 300 million people) puts in the cost of a movie, say $10, then you're looking at a budget of $3 billion, which is within the ballpark of NASA sending something to space. For the price of a movie, I get dramatic photos of Pluto. I get to know that some OCD nerds had the skills to calculate the speed and trajectory to land some bicycle sized rover on a frikin' comet. I get to contemplate life and how life formed.
    Id rather think the moon is made of cheese

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    XXX'er--Did you write that poem. If not, please credit.
    I was more wondering if u typed it out from memory, or looked it up..

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Is my sarcasm meter broken?

Space travel is key to the long-term survival of our species, especially if we keep trashing this place.
    It took us ten years to get to Pluto in an unmanned thingamajig. I think we're pretty hosed.

And the technology we create for space travel makes its way into our terrestrial life in a pretty significant way. And I dig the pictures. And holy fuck what a cool concept - space.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I was more wondering if u typed it out from memory, or looked it up..
    I don't really know anything but who does now days?

its all mutherfucking google cutnpaste, but I'm a computer illiterate ... still trying to figure out embeding

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    One of the founding fathers of rap ... Gil Scott Heron
    Say what now? He was a little more than that

As a kid I fucking loved Tang.

And astronaut ice cream!

Those two alone are cool enough products of the space program for me to justify it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post

Say that to Neil DeGrasse Tyson's face.