Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Damn. When my kid raced there they had a parent ticket that was something like 75/day
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Another reason to HATE VAIL!

You can’t afford $218 for a day ticket, but you put your kids in alpine ski racing?
    That’s like digitaldeath buying a BMW but can’t afford an oil change.
    Or you could watch them race from the bottom, like the other parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    You can’t afford $218 for a day ticket, but you put your kids in alpine ski racing?
    That’s like digitaldeath buying a BMW but can’t afford an oil change.
    Or you could watch them race from the bottom, like the other parents?
    What the fuck? Ski racing is fucking expensive, but that doesn't mean we must be wealthy if our kid is racing. Some of us struggle like hell to put our kid in a racing program, that doesn't mean we have money to burn, in fact it's often quite the opposite. That is a grade A dick post right there.

And yes, when my kid raced at Vail, I did watch from the bottom because I couldn't afford the $75 ticket.
    Last edited by Danno; 03-08-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    2 days at Vail more expensive than my mid-week Bridger pass lol.

Fail, CO

Bitching about Vail lift ticket prices and quoting the rack rate of $218 is a Dick Post.
    Who pays the walk up to the window rack rate?
    875,000 Epic pass holders have 12 buddy passes. That’s 10.5 million options to get a off 45% pass, and how many employees have comp tickets available.
    Did they just find out that their kid is racing in Vail next week and google ticket prices at the last minute?
    Do a little research and find out how to ski Vail for $60 a day.
    Or is it just easy to bump and old thread and say Fuck Vail, that’s the lazy parent dick post.

Yeah, but that's not what your post attacked him for, is it? You didn't mention rack rate or discounts available, you said people involved in ski racing should be able to afford it, you only pivoted to this argument after I called you out on the content of the other post.

Gee Hubbs,

You're pretty strung out about my post.

Fyi - yes people learned fairly recently they would be at this race - in the past week or two, it's a championship - you had to qualify.
    Discount parent tickets have been a thing in the ski race world for decades - it's only Vail that had eliminated them this year, alterra and independents still offer them.

No one knows a ski race schedule when Epic passes are actually for sale - I'm not going to by one just in case.

Yes ski racing is fricken expensive - but places like Vail make it a shit load more expensive than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Discount parent tickets have been a thing in the ski race world for decades - it's only Vail that had eliminated them this year, alterra and independents still offer them.
    this is ridiculous.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    this is ridiculous.
    And hence the point, FUCK VAIL.

All this circuitous ratiocination about weed has me thinking you dudes are a bunch of stoners. I know I am! I used to by an epic when I was in the RFV and pray for a jackknifed semi on westbound Vile Pass on a good powder day. You could notch up some serious turns before the locals skied it out by noon. Otherwise it was Hasbeen or down valley trash at Sunlight which often had great pow on days when Hasbeen and Vile were dust on crust.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupolicious View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that the skiing isnt that good?

Vail = I-70 truckstop
    They guy might be from Houston, but he's not wrong.

Its a nice truck stop on I 70 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Bitching about Vail lift ticket prices and quoting the rack rate of $218 is a Dick Post.
    Who pays the walk up to the window rack rate?
    The window rate is actually $229. You save $11 by booking in advance.

Sundance dropped its support of the race team and discounted parent tickets this year after Redford sold. That’s a dick move. Meanwhile the announcer kept saying things like “go try our restaurants etc”. Where they put the race on Jack’s how the fuck did they think we’d get there?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Sundance dropped its support of the race team and discounted parent tickets this year after Redford sold. That’s a dick move. Meanwhile the announcer kept saying things like “go try our restaurants etc”. Where they put the race on Jack’s how the fuck did they think we’d get there?

Happy to help with buddy tix if you need em. Not sure if the discount but it’d help a little.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Happy to help with buddy tix if you need em. Not sure if the discount but it’d help a little.

Buddy pass Vail tix are right around $140

Oooof!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Vail nixes the Stevens Pass bike park. “We will not open the bike park this summer and will evaluate its future ahead of next summer”

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Vail nixes the Stevens Pass bike park. “We will not open the bike park this summer and will evaluate its future ahead of next summer”
    I was somewhat surprised when they announced they would be running the bike park at CB this summer after it was closed all of last season.

Another reason to HATE VAIL!

Does VR actually close the trails or just not run the lifts?

At Snowmass the trails are open, even when the lifts aren’t.
    I almost prefer it, because I can take my dog.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0568.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	375561

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Eh. Writing was on the wall. No new trails being built and snoqualmie's bike park opening next summer an hour closer to the population center. I'd rather shuttle anyday than ride the Stevens park anyways.

God, this company sucks so bad. You know why? It's not really because they're going to be charging for parking more at a lame eastern hill (with a good chair). No, it's because they hire and promote total corporate lackeys that can write something like this "Thank you, but Fuck you" memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    God, this company sucks so bad. You know why? It's not really because they're going to be charging for parking more at a lame eastern hill (with a good chair). No, it's because they hire and promote total corporate lackeys that can write something like this "Thank you, but Fuck you" memo.
    Mount Snow…”the experience of a lifetime”. Hahahahaha and wtf?!?

At $200+ for a day pass....Vail is already dead!

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    At $200+ for a day pass....Vail is already dead!
    Not in their mind! FWIW: Epic pass is like 2.5 Vail window day passes next season. Pretty sure they’ve got it figured out. Window day pass is for…a certain demographic

window pass price is so they can say your getting a **% discount when you purchase online
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.