Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    There wasn't a town before the ski area was built. The town happened because of the ski area.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Please.

"Andy Daly
    Mayor
    Daly also served as the former president of Vail Associates and later, Vail Resorts, Inc., where he was an executive for the company for 13 years, the last 10 as President."

Yeah, they might be legally seperate entities, but you really think that there isn't significant communication/collaboration between executives at Vail Resorts and the government of the town of Vail? I'm not going to pretend to know shit about the ins and outs of Vail politics but trying to argue that the decisions made by the town don't directly consider the best interests of VR seems silly to me.

You order a pizza and tell delivery man that you need that bud, and that you "got him"
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, cool. I've always wondered what the hooker market was like around there. Maybe I should spend a night in a place that has a concierge.
    You eat 5 star in jackson yet you've never bought a vail hooker?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Funny article, if it was the same issues about alcohol, they would be not saying "we expect people to be respectful of rentals", they would give examples how people trashed the condo during massive kegger parties.

Face it, Weed being legal is the single greatest thing to happen to Colorado after the Broncos.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Wouldn't it be easier to put up signs that say:

Hippies Use Side Door
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We'll see. It's all about the dollar for these people. If they feel that their reduced revenue is because of their making it hard for people to party, then the bans will fall. Then there's the local tax revenues that Frisco and Breck and many other towns are enjoying. In five years, when the mayor of Vail suddenly sees all sorts of nice schools and public facilities when he drives over to Breck, well, maybe he won't be so uptight anymore. Politicians do love money above all else, after all.
    Everybody has already ripped your post to shreds, but I wanted to address this:

Basically none of the tax money from recreational pot is actually going to improve public schools. It is all getting funneled into a drug and marijuana prevention campaign for schoolchildren. We can thank our asshole brewpub owning governor john hickenlooper for this massive waste of tax revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Face it, Weed being legal is the single greatest thing to happen to Colorado after the Broncos.
    Except for all the shitty stoner people moving to Colorado for the legal weed. Scrubs moving here daily. It sucks

That's been the case since "rocky mtn high"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Except for all the shitty stoner people moving to Colorado for the legal weed. Scrubs moving here daily. It sucks
    You really really need to try some.

Oh, and some of the state money is going towards school construction. And local sales taxes are collected within the various towns that are smart enough not to be Vail. I assume those taxes are spent as the local governments prefer.

"Cities assign their own tax rates to recreation marijuana, so the rates will be a bit different everywhere. Denver is starting out with a 3.5% tax, in addition to the existing 3.62% sales tax.

Boulder is also adding a 3.5% marijuana sales tax in addition to its existing sales tax, as well as additional 5% excise tax between the growers and dispensaries.

Breckenridge, Frisco and Silverthorne all implemented a 5% excise tax, but no additional sales tax."

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/col...uch-youll-pay/

Rip that to shreds, dildo boy.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 08-08-2015 at 12:37 PM.

While highly functioning stoners do exist, they are an extremely small percentage of the subculture.

Using weed money to build schools is an oxymoron. What good are schools if half of society is baked & stupid anyway? Maybe less schools are needed in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by itsnowjoke View Post
    While highly functioning stoners do exist, they are an extremely small percentage of the subculture.

Using weed money to build schools is an oxymoron. What good are schools if half of society is baked & stupid anyway? Maybe less schools are needed in CO.
    Cannabis isn't a subculture. In India it's dominant, especially before the US started paying their police to confiscate product. The police smoke hash there regardless, it's all bullshit and cannabis is a part of their core culture. What value is the eradication $$$ spent in a country that simply has a different culture and perspective on the relatively benign plant? Would that money be a good candidate for investment in education?

The lead db architect for the s/w firm I work at changed his favorite Cannabaceae plant from hops to satindica in 2012. No more hangovers and it helped him with chronic AWMD. Many successful people on here at least have an appreciation for bud, if not enjoy regular use.

Money is fungible. Cannabis use rates don't fluctuate much before/after legalization, as its availability rarely stays below demand for long with domestic, north and south supply. Read about this stuff, it's not that hard to cure ignorance.

re: vail, Don't really care either way as an occasional year round tourist to the area. There are quite a few shops along the 70 corridor and if Vail wants to limit their economic growth, so be it. The free ride to the shop sounds like the community will stay as lifted as it pleases.

Was just hanging out with a bunch of my Dr. Friends on their vacation. Ones a top neurosurgeon. They all smoke.
    get paid

Well good for them, but the joke is kind of on the people in the "Recreational Legal States", as they are getting taxed to death for their bud, where as in CA, it is super easy to get a medical card and grow your own great organic weed, for way less money spent. Frankly, anyone with half a clue really appreciates being able to grow your own rather than having to buy taxed up the ass bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Well good for them, but the joke is kind of on the people in the "Recreational Legal States", as they are getting taxed to death for their bud, where as in CA, it is super easy to get a medical card and grow your own great organic weed, for way less money spent. Frankly, anyone with half a clue really appreciates being able to grow your own rather than having to buy taxed up the ass bud.
    I'd rather pay taxes and see jobs and business thrive but hey in CA they tax the fuck out of everything else
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Cannabis isn't a subculture. In India it's dominant, especially before the US started paying their police to confiscate product. The police smoke hash there regardless, it's all bullshit and cannabis is a part of their core culture. What value is the eradication $$$ spent in a country that simply has a different culture and perspective on the relatively benign plant? Would that money be a good candidate for investment in education?

The lead db architect for the s/w firm I work at changed his favorite Cannabaceae plant from hops to satindica in 2012. No more hangovers and it helped him with chronic AWMD. Many successful people on here at least have an appreciation for bud, if not enjoy regular use.

Money is fungible. Cannabis use rates don't fluctuate much before/after legalization, as its availability rarely stays below demand for long with domestic, north and south supply. Read about this stuff, it's not that hard to cure ignorance.

re: vail, Don't really care either way as an occasional year round tourist to the area. There are quite a few shops along the 70 corridor and if Vail wants to limit their economic growth, so be it. The free ride to the shop sounds like the community will stay as lifted as it pleases.
    To be clear, I support complete legalization of the Devil Weed. The war on drugs is a farce.

I thought the comment about legalizing weed to build more schools -for the children!- was a bit of a stretch but probably sadly true.

That you would use India as a shining example for the cultural successes of weed tells me what I've known all along. You need to occasionally put the bong down, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Was just hanging out with a bunch of my Dr. Friends on their vacation. Ones a top neurosurgeon. They all smoke.
    Therefore refer (or reefer) to my previous comment about highly functioning users.

But let's discuss this. Is there a place where you'd draw the line on who uses and when and where? Granted, it's a free-for-all out there right now, there are no limits and laws aren't going to change it. Are you comfy with your brain surgeon friend having a couple of tokes before your surgery? How about your pilot before the flight? Or all of the truckers?

Should there be a time limit between usage and work? Or can everyone self-medicate just like aspirin? Is there a way to measure influence and functionality?

I know people who become complete worthless idiots when they're high, but they're still smarter stoned than the prevailing Utah politicians who have never touched the stuff.

Therefore refer (or reefer) to my previous comment about highly functioning users.

But let's discuss this. Is there a place where you'd draw the line on who uses and when and where? Granted, it's a free-for-all out there right now, there are no limits and laws aren't going to change it. Are you comfy with your brain surgeon friend having a couple of tokes before your surgery? How about your pilot before the flight? Or all of the truckers?

Should there be a time limit between usage and work? Or can everyone self-medicate just like aspirin? Is there a way to measure influence and functionality?

I know people who become complete worthless idiots when they're high, but they're still smarter stoned than the prevailing Utah politicians who have never touched the stuff.
    They were on vacation, with no chance of getting called in, so that's kind of a stretch on your part....I'd personally think an individual is ok after several hours, if not less time if they're accustomed to it.

Planes are easy to fly, right?
    get paid

But let's discuss this. Is there a place where you'd draw the line on who uses and when and where?
    Yes, this already happens in this state. 21+ yo adults in the privacy of their own home.

Granted, it's a free-for-all out there right now, there are no limits and laws aren't going to change it.
    This is not true at all.

Are you comfy with your brain surgeon friend having a couple of tokes before your surgery? How about your pilot before the flight? Or all of the truckers?
    I think most people would agree that they don't want their pilot, surgeon or whoever impaired. What does that have to do strictly with MJ? You could ask the same question about booze or legal narcotics or any other substances people use to alter their state of mind.

Right. So, let's spend millions, nay, billions on college sports programs that are the centerpiece of wreckless, disgusting, and dangerous drinking cultures on most every campus that they exist. Believe it or not, there are thousands of kids every year who choose colleges and universities simply to be a fan for four years and be part of that party scene. They're going to graduate as insipid and maybe unemployable business majors.
    I'll take the stoner kids with wide eyes who are curious about the world. Of course, too much is too much, and they should have learned how to control their usage early, because you wouldn't get up and go to work every day after sucking on a bong with your corn flakes, just as you wouldn't start the day with a few beers.

I never do important shit stonered. Except Sundays..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1439150660.017296.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	168705

So you are a scrub that just moved to Colorado I'm guessing because that sounds just like the 90's when I lived there.......as a stoner ski bum scrub. It was a shit ton of fun.

That you would use India as a shining example for the cultural successes of weed tells me what I've known all along. You need to occasionally put the bong down, dude.
    He had a dozen countries he could have used as an example - mj has been around for 5000 yrs, there are 56 sanskrit words for the plant. Just because you grew up in the only 80 year stretch where it was THE WORST THING EVER, doesn't negate the other 4920 years - read a book bro.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

This is actually a pretty damn good discussion topic right here. I doubt a neurosurgeon tokes before work, I mean, you would think being a neurosurgeon they would be way smarter than that. I guess though if one were to fuck up and it could be proven that he/she did toke before hand they would likely be opened up to some serious law suits even if in reality it wasn't a factor. I doubt most doctors would be stupid enough to make that mistake, there is just so much about that job involving liability.

Sure, some people can't handle some weed but it's not likely they will make it through school to have such prestiges jobs. I'm sure there could/would be some rare instances but for the most part I'm not worried about that. I know plenty of people that a little toke or two just puts them in a zen state and more than capable doing things that the untrained see as difficult but to them it's just more on point with some weed.

Nothing in life is certain and we can't eliminate every risk and honestly, a world without risk isn't one that I think most of us on here would like to be part of.

Another reason to HATE VAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    They were on vacation, with no chance of getting called in, so that's kind of a stretch on your part....I'd personally think an individual is ok after several hours, if not less time if they're accustomed to it.

Planes are easy to fly, right?
    It's absolutely no stretch on my part. Again, I'm not anti-spleef. At all. But how do I know your surgeon isn't high? Is it ok for him to partake at 9am and operate at 1300 per your example? If that's the case, I demand that there be a bag of Cheetos close by in the OR. So things don't go bad.

Planes are relatively easy to fly if everything is going right. But I wouldn't put my family on one if the pilot smoked several hours before the flight. -Or drank. Current drug testing standards state no trace of MJ WHATSOEVER for pilots. If weed is universally legalized, are there additional professions that should be added to the list? Or should even the pilots be allowed to partake?
    Last edited by itsnowjoke; 08-09-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Another reason to HATE VAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    He had a dozen countries he could have used as an example - mj has been around for 5000 yrs, there are 56 sanskrit words for the plant. Just because you grew up in the only 80 year stretch where it was THE WORST THING EVER, doesn't negate the other 4920 years - read a book bro.
    Sorry, but as I stated, legalize it everywhere. I don't have a problem with it and the war on drugs is a joke.

It's also not the worst thing ever, it's just a weed. Far less damaging than alcohol, but with different characteristics.

But on the subject of cultural acceptance, I spend a fair amount of time in Amsterdam. Most locals that I talk to think weed is for kids or loser tourists. -And it's been legal there a long time. On the other hand, there are countries that will kill you for possession.