Knee surgeon in Sacramento area?

Recently relocated east of Sac. Less than a week here and I believe I blew my meniscus completely after a partial tear about a yr ago.

Looking for for first hand recommendations for good knee surgeon in the area. Don't want to risk going to random Doc.

Thanks in advance.

Who's your carrier? If it's Kaiser, this guy is good:
    https://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.or...nal&to=1&sto=0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Have Cigna. I can call Dr office and see if they take my Cigna plan. Thanks, will look it up.

looked up and unfortunately he's with Kaiser. I may see if I can go out of network. He looks like a great option.
    Last edited by snorklesnow; 07-13-2015 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Add more

Yeah, there's gotta be some good in-network guys for you too. UC Davis is an excellent hospital system. They in-network?

Too bad Eric Heiden isn't still at UCD: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_H...Medical_career
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    How are we not random when you post random questions in the wrong place. Seems very random to me, maybe the kids in gimp central will have a clue. Otherwise posting up nekked pics of hot chicks goes a long way.
    Good point. Missed that. Summertime daze and shit.

Sorry flowing Alpy. After being an Alpental local for 34 yrs, living in the valley yr round for 9 of those, including lot 3 for 2 winters ('90s when we could) I get dissed by you on my first TGR post. Seems weird attitude is coming from the NW when I'm looking at skiing in CA. now.

Got good recommendation, thx. Will check gimp forum...

Dr Orr in SLT is the man!

http://www.tahoeorthopedics.com/
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Powpig, Dr Orr does look like the man. Seriously good credibility being us ski team surgeon. It's a bit far away for what my free time is now but this is something I'm not leaving to chance. Thank you very much am going to call them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by snorklesnow View Post
    Powpig, Dr Orr does look like the man. Seriously good credibility being us ski team surgeon. It's a bit far away for what my free time is now but this is something I'm not leaving to chance. Thank you very much am going to call them tomorrow.
    Here is another vote for Dr. Orr. It will be well worth your time, and SLT isn't all that far away.
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

+1 more for Dr. Orr. My cadaver LCL works great.
    Snow Flake Killer

My wife had 2 successful ACL cadaver replacements (one in each knee), and one Meniscus fix using Dr. Rose in Fremont for another option if Dr. Orr doesn't work for you:

http://www.pamf.org/dr-barry-a-rose.html

FYI, I don't think you can blow your Meniscus. They tear. Surgery usually involves cleaning up the tear making it smooth.

I've always heard great things about Dr. Coward

That name though. not really the kind of guy I want to trust with a knife.
    Snow Flake Killer