Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Just because that cover is fake doesn't change the fact that the "experts" were spreading hysteria about a coming ice age in the '70s. In fact, many of these same "experts" are now spreading "global warming" hysteria. Same scam, fresh pitch.
    #flatearther
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    ^^^that mag cover is a fake.

Perhaps......but the message wasn't.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/03/0...g-compilation/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 1.20.06 PM.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	168899

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
    Perhaps......but the message wasn't.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/03/0...g-compilation/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 1.20.06 PM.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	168899
    Perhaps??? It's a proven fake.

Did you look at any of those articles? I clicked on the two that are in yellow. The first only quotes a lawyer (I guess a J.D. makes him a "Dr."). The second is a quick paragraph in an article that also discusses that in Barrow, AK you can use pelts to buy goods - more like something you read in a Reader's Digest column.

I guess if the 3% of climate scientists that are unsure if humans are adding to global warming had a 'news' article written quoting them, you could show how there is 'dispute' in the community about the cause of climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    #flatearther
    Heh. I like that one.

^^^^ poly asshat you clown!! why cant we have a discussion about weather/climate without this kind of political shit? get the fuck out of here!!

Bellingham is so parched, a week ago before any "real" rain fell in the mtns, it was starting to look like eastern WA. Everyone who even thinks about Baker is just staring at the ground, not discussing this winter for fear of angering the gods again. When there is conversation;

Q"So how do ya think this winter will pan out?"
    A"How hath we foresaken thee Lord Ullr? May we be delivered by your Mercy in penitence through the drought!" And then silence again with starring at the floor, hunched over, and hands clutched together in a wringing fashion.

Most agree, regardless of El Nino or even an alien invasion, it could not possibly be as bad as last winter.

well, you know when they got leonard nimoy involved, shit was getting serious.

Speaking of utterly fake: that "97%" figure Obama loves to throw around. The correct figure is closer to 0.3%, when looked at in an honest manner.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...78462813553136

"The "97 percent" figure in the Zimmerman/Doran survey represents the views of only 79 respondents who listed climate science as an area of expertise and said they published more than half of their recent peer-reviewed papers on climate change. Seventy-nine scientists—of the 3,146 who responded to the survey—does not a consensus make."
    http://www.salon.com/2014/05/28/wsjs...is_not_a_myth/

Thank you for that. Science exists outside of individuals. It is our quest as humans to understand science through discourse, testing and consensus. The discourse, testing and consensus of the science of climate change is that human activities are having a rapid impact on the world's climate the ultimate outcomes of which are not entirely known.

Speaking of utterly fake: that "97%" figure Obama loves to throw around. The correct figure is closer to 0.3%, when looked at in an honest manner.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...78462813553136

"The "97 percent" figure in the Zimmerman/Doran survey represents the views of only 79 respondents who listed climate science as an area of expertise and said they published more than half of their recent peer-reviewed papers on climate change. Seventy-nine scientists—of the 3,146 who responded to the survey—does not a consensus make."
    So....did you become obsessed with climate studies before you made your first tinfoil hat or after? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Thank you for that. Science exists outside of individuals. It is our quest as humans to understand science through discourse, testing and consensus. The discourse, testing and consensus of the science of climate change is that human activities are having a rapid impact on the world's climate the ultimate outcomes of which are not entirely known.
    Well this makes entirely way too much sense cat in january. Now go watch some television and come back with a more emotionally based response, until then I can't take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    Most agree, regardless of El Nino or even an alien invasion, it could not possibly be as bad as last winter.
    Careful. That's what we all said in Tahoe 2 years ago.

I really hate this crazy hype, everyone wants it to be 2010-11. That winter was awesome, but a hard one too match. Everywhere got hammered with snow, all winter long into the spring in '11.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Just because that cover is fake doesn't change the fact that the "experts" were spreading hysteria about a coming ice age in the '70s. In fact, many of these same "experts" are now spreading "global warming" hysteria. Same scam, fresh pitch.
    Wait. You don't get this. Wtf. It's not hysteria. It's a thing a real thing. CO2 spikes off the charts. This is not a fucking joke man.

Salon, now there's a credible source of info, lol. How could anyone even joke about comparing that site to the Wall Street Journal?

Sure, clearly the "consensus" circle jerk is way more scientific than...the scientific method? Ever wonder why the global warming religion is always pushing "consensus" so hard? Because any group of same-thinkers can have consensus, and it has nothing to do with facts. Facts must be proven, and proof is really hard to find when it comes to anthropomorphic climate change. But consensus, hey that's EASY everybody! Let's pat each other on the back about how much we care about the Earth! Doesn't matter if there's any truth to it, we feel good about it and that's all that matters.
    Yeah. But in this case consensus and scientific method agree. And yes. This is doesn't belong here. Here we can get stoked about some good snow finally and not your fucking delusional drivel.

My take on it

1. Pumping CO2 into the atmosphere has a "greenhouse" effect, trapping heat in the atmosphere and eventually oceans. This is science, anyone wants to debate it, please do
    2. It doesn't matter how the CO2 gets into the atmosphere. Before we burned coal, there was volcanic activity and other processes that cause high CO2. Historically, high CO2 has meant higher surface temps on this planet. But right now, humans are burning a lot of hydrocarbons
    3. The Pacific Ocean is very warm right now, and friends are yarding bluefin tuna out of the ocean couple miles off SoCal Coast. This almost always brings more precipitation, from recent (human lifetime) observations and mathematical models.
    4. Let's all hope it drops copious amounts of snow in the dry Sierras and the southwest US.
    5. High CO2 and high temps might not be bad for plants, but will cause disruption for humans and less skiing
    6. Let's all hope the sun keeps pumping, but reduces just in time to take the bite off our CO2 emissions, because...
    7. I like to ski. and snowboard. And sit in hot tubs while it is snowing
    8 I actually don't give a damn if we totally fuck ourselves. It will be entertaining to watch, and sucks for the children, but overall I don't think we are that lone blue-green world out in the vastness of space, just another kickass place that "intelligent' species fuck up sometimes
    9. If I am wrong about this, then maybe Jesus or some other Apocalyptic entity will come , maybe like the Childhood's End scenario. If I am going to hell for what I think, then what kind of place would heaven have been anyways.

I used to care, and did my fair share to try to change human momentum away from greed and overconsumption. Not so much anymore, I think I will let the younger generations and God sort it out. All those out there that think that the "free hand" of the market is right and that human influence on the environment is unproven are right and also terribly wrong. And you are dinosaurs. Your children's children will have a different attitude. I guess enjoy greed while you can. The planet is getting smaller, more crowded and hotter. Not much you can do about that you old fucks.

Wait was this about "EL NINO"? Rad. I love 3-4 foot dumps in the Sierras. Nothing could make me happier. Ullr, we have always been your loyal followers, make it happen and we will continue to sing your praise
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Consensus is an essential element of the scientific method. Perhaps the most essential element. Peer review. Eventual development of theory and I trust you understand theory is used differently in science.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    And yes. This is doesn't belong here.
    Very true, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Here we can get stoked about some good snow finally and not your fucking delusional drivel.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 08-23-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaholic View Post
    I really hate this crazy hype, everyone wants it to be 2010-11. That winter was awesome, but a hard one too match. Everywhere got hammered with snow, all winter long into the spring in '11.
    Easily my best season.

Which is a completely made-up figure pulled from the nether regions of tax-money-grubbing Church of Global Warming clergy. Scientology is a hell of a money-making scheme, but it's nothing compared to the genius of "Global Warming".

Who doesn't want to "save the Earth"? What kind of asshole hates the Earth and wants to let the oceans rise and wipe out humanity? Oh the horror of it. Just have your we-know-what's-best-for-you politicians send your tax dollars to the "right people" (their people), and "we'll sell carbon credits and regulate corporations to take care of this impending doom" for you.

Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, cha-ching cha-ching.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkR3TI6xyzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWT-EWKIR3M

It's funnez that the brainwashed "invisible man in the sky creation theorists" are so hypocritical that they are calling observable science a "religion".

it's sure is.
    its sureenuf is issy. jesus crist super star who are who do you think you are....

Typing on a cell phone, obviously, that's who.

/out