Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Car Love: Sleds That I've Owned

List 'em up.
    Me?
    57 VW bug - classic 6v system that required an extra flashlight for night driving.
    62 Chevy Impala - hooked up the winshield wiper pump to dispense liquor in the glovebox. made the Clackamas/coast range/Mt.St.Helens rounds blazing away.
    69 Datsun 2000 (sold 1974) source of several tickets and high speed chases leading to bench warrants.
    69 Datsun 2000 (bought 1985, sold 1990) commuter car for first job, ran that thing up too many cascade logging roads.
    69 BMW 2002 (sold 1986) whee, but sucked bad for snow. kept a down sleeping bag in the backseat for the long drives back from Crustal.
    67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT (sold 1988?) more whee. Lots of tweezing on those cars.
    1992 Toyota Corolla AllTrac awesome car, drove all over WA/OR/BC/ID/MT/WY skiing and camping back when Benny was still at the X desk.
    66 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT rebuilt the weber carbs, gapped the points and plugs too many times. 1 headgasket so far. pulled the trans myself and took it in for rebuild. Vroom.
    1994 Toyota 4x4 Truck (4 cylinder, preTacoma) The tanklette. Horrible in snow. No radio, no power assist steering. the basic.
    1999 Audi A4 Avant 2.8 manual Brought my kids home from the hospital in that sled. has 198k on it now. Wonderful car. Everything still works. Daily commuter.
    2003 Audi Allroad manual. Main ski sled for many years.
    2006 Volvo V70 R manual. Replaced the allroad after the ar went over 120k. OK car, drives like a turbocharged cereal box with wheels.
    2006 Audi S4 Avant manual. Oh my - best car I've evah driven. VeeeeROOOOOOOOOM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Instructions confusing. Dick caught in ceiling fan.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    saw a sweet 64 chevy panel truck the other day
    i'm gonna own another someday
    Neil Youngs Special Deluxe is a great read if your into cars
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Hmmm, I thought we did this before, but I will play.

1961? VW that was purchased for $200 and lasted me 3 years.
    Late 70's VW Rabbit. Great little car for the 4-5 years owned.
    1985 Corvette. What a POS
    1983 911. Great car. Drove it to about 230k miles. I still miss that car.
    1983 VW Westfalia. The fun family camper, surf mobile. So many great memories in that.
    2001 M Coupe. Really a fun car, but a little small and business was good so....
    2002 996TT. Best car ever. Nice to own a business that makes the lease payments for you.
    2000 Volvo wagon. Bought used after the Westfalia was sold as the surf wagon.
    2004 Volvo V70R. Bought to replace the 2000 wagon as I needed awd for the mountains.
    2006 Volvo V70R. Came out in Sonic Blue with Atacama leather and a 6 speed. I had to have 1 of 4 sold in N.A.
    2009 BMW 335i. Really a nice cruiser for date night with the wife.
    And then there are all the cars bought for Mrs L2S and the kids
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

OP must be TINY as fuck

s4 a4 are total girl cars
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    OP must be TINY as fuck

s4 a4 are total girl cars
    I'm 6' tall and you're a misogynist bigot even if you're just a pathetic poseur alias troll.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

im 6.4 199lbs 9.3/10

audi 4's are tiny as fuck, like you

have some pride in yourself
    Zone Controller

I always like this game. Seeing what whips others have had, and why they loved em or hated em is a fun time killer.

'92 Volvo 760 Turbo - first car, hand me down from my Mom. Probably too fast for a 16 year old. Wrecked it within the first year of owning it.

'94 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6 - still to this day my favorite car I've ever owned. It was known as the Assfinder. Black, huge 33" tires, big Yakima rack... that thing was sexy. Blew the engine on the Summit Co side of Eisenhower Tunnel and got to hotbox it while riding in it on top of a flatbed all the way to Breck.

00' 4Runner Limited - rock solid SUV, real light back end. Fitting replacement for the Assfinder. Sold it with 275k on the clock - all my miles.

04' Lexus LX470 - bomber and still trucking the family to this day

'02 Porsche 911 Cab (996) - Really glad this car is still in the family, as 911's get bigger and less mechanical this car gets better looking - even the kookly headlights that I used to hate. Only 22k miles on it today. It's been babied from when my Dad had it delivered, to when I had it, and now as a summer car for the fam.

08' BMW 335i - probably the best 'car' I've ever owned. Still makes me smile getting into it every time, no matter how old it gets. Gave it to wife for her DD and now it's mine again. Got 150k on the odo and it still feels tight as a drum.

'08 BMW X5 - technically wife's car, but I ended up driving it a ton. First suv without massive body roll I've driven.

'10 BMW M3 E90 (4dr) Sick fast and really fun. I got 6 speeding tickets and a nice bump in my insurance in the first 2 years of owning it. Traded it away for

'11 BMW X5 - Loved it at first, then everything that had electronics in it started failing. Dropped it like a hot bag of flaming poo for

'12 BMW X5 - Loved this one even more, and while it was only the 3.5L the twin-turbo was more than fast enough. Electronic transmission issues started showing up in this one, dealer offered to take it back after not being able to pinpoint the clear issue

'14 BMW X5 - Last chance for this model I told my wife over many objections. Was solid until in busy Atlanta traffic the engine just completely shut down to crawl speed no matter how hard I mashed the accelerator. BMW said all it needed was a software update and that it was related to the electronic transfer case. At fucking 10k miles. That's it, done with these we said. Pretty cars, and drove really well for SUVs but man when everything went to electric (throttle, transmission, etc) it all went to shit.

'07 Porsche 911 (997) - Bought off my father when he upgraded to a new one. I'll never let this car go.

'15 Volvo XC70 T6 - just got it when we traded in the latest lemon X5. I really like it and I swear it's bigger than the X5 inside and 300hp doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    saw a sweet 64 chevy panel truck the other day
    i'm gonna own another someday
    Neil Youngs Special Deluxe is a great read if your into cars
    Another great car book that's an easy read is PJ O'Rourke's Driving Like Crazy. Really funny book that will have you laughing out loud.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm not as old as you fucks, but I'll play...

91 Buick Regal. High school car, maroon paint with maroon leather interior and faux wood trim. And a spoiler. Hilariously slow and heavy, I used to hoon the shit out of that thing through deep snow with bald tires, up canyon roads, etc. at least until I blew the rear strut through its mount. My brother got it afterwards and I'm pretty sure it was airborne more than a couple times.
    95 GMC Jimmy. By the time I was done with it, it started about 30% of the time on its own and 80% of the time on starter fluid, the blinkers and about half of the interior electronics didn't work, and a brown bear had been inside of it.
    05 Saturn Ion. POS, but it was cheap and got me around when the Jimmy wouldn't start. The only saving grace was the e-brake handle lock mechanism broke, so it was ridiculously easy to do e-brake drifts.
    04 Toyota Tundra. Current rig, the thing is a beast. I will have this truck a long time.
    96 Mazda Miata. Also current rig, best/most fun cheap beater commuter evar.
    Last edited by adrenalated; 07-09-2015 at 08:47 AM.

my dad doesnt drive a porsche
    Zone Controller

Why not:

93 Grand Cherokee- beat it to 170K and sold for $4K. Put “LAREDO” sticker across the top of windshield. Loved it for 2 years.
    91 Century- $1000 cash. Wine red and I put white racing stripes down the middle. Beat it for 2.5 years with $400 in maintenance and sold it for $800. Absolute pos but got me through college. No radio. Phenomenal MPG on this thing, it could coast like no other.
    99 Grand Cherokee- owned for 3 months. POS. Fuel lines went, replaced ‘em, and the motor went 2 days before moving to CO.
    08 Trailblazer- I think the space shuttle had better steering
    08 Liberty- daily driver for 3.5 years. Lifted 2.5” and with the snows its pretty sweet through the winter.

'76 Datsun b-210; what a piece of shit. Paid $50 for it in '82; it lasted one year.

'68 Mercury Cougar; my high-school sweetie loved the back seat. Unibody construction, so as it rusted, it started to twist. It took a lot of strength to keep the wheel from whipping hard left into traffic. It's rusting in a field somewhere in MN.

'76 Chevy Malibu; college car. Burned more oil than gas.

'72 Impala; "the Impaler", college car. We once fit an entire rugby side, 15 guys, into it on the way home from the bars. Total tank; had to start it with a screwdriver in the spot where the key once went. Caught on fire in '86.

'81 Civic (cvcc?) Some asshole punched out the rear window one night, so I replaced it with plexiglass. Had an unloaded flatbed semi cut too close while trying to park; he ran over the front end.

'82 Subaru something-or-other. Great for winters, shitty engine.

'87 Toyota van; awesome for camping, but semis would pass me on hills. Stolen in St. Paul; got it back three days later trashed.

'91 Toyota Previa; loved that thing. All wheel drive, tons of space. Drove it to over 200k, then the weird oil-injector thingy got all fucked up.

2001 Tundra; solid as hell. I miss it.

2007 Toyota Yaris; awesome little commuter, surprisingly fun to drive. If I lived in a city, I would have kept it.

2011 Tundra; total workhorse. Great for hauling shit, camping, etc. With luck, the last pickup I'll ever need.
    Last edited by Flyoverland Captive; 07-08-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Smokin' View Post
    Why not:

93 Grand Cherokee- beat it to 170K and sold for $4K. Put “LAREDO” sticker across the top of windshield. Loved it for 2 years.

99 Grand Cherokee- owned for 3 months. POS. Fuel lines went, replaced ‘em, and the motor went 2 days before moving to CO.
    Heh, typical of a GC. One you love and the other rattles itself to pieces for no reason.

When the GC came out in '94 and they were all the rage my Mom convinced my Dad to get one. The typical hunter green with gold accent Limited model (so tacky now in hindsight) with the hulking 5.2L V8.

Biggest new piece of shit I've ever seen as everything that was connected to a knob, wheel, shifter, handle, or button broke. A lot. It did go like hot greased shit on a Georgia tin roof in August though! The trip computer said I averaged 8.8 mpg when I got to drive it. That monster V8 Motor (Clarkson voice), full time 4x4, and teenage driving would have killed if gas weren't .90/gal that year.

You'll see a theme here.

In order of ownership:

1) 1988 BMW 325is. Total hoopty body but learned how to wrench on this car. By the time I money shifted it during a track day at NHIS, it was stroked out to 2.8l with full headers, etc.

2) 1992 Nissan Pathfinder. My college beater. It had a hole in the floor I could stick my head through. I put a plate of 1/8" hot rolled steel under the carpet and let it ride. Sounded mean as a result. Had two 12" subs in the back with something like 2000 watts. Put on the hip hop station and the car practically gave you a hummer.

3) 1996 Subaru Impreza with the 2.2l. This thing didn't even have a passenger side rear view mirror. It made it to Whiteface during the VDay blizzard of 07. I fucking hate Subarus but that was impressive.

4) 1988 BMW 325ix. The awd one. Some asshole at Monroe forgot to tighten the lug nuts on one of the front wheels right after I bought the thing and it got totaled.

5) 1991 BMW 318is. The baby M3. This car lived above 5k rpm pretty much its whole life. Hail storm totaled it and I sold it to a 16 year old who promptly drove it off a bridge into a river, literally an hour after he bought it. True story I swear.

6) 2002 Subaru Forester. I fucking hated this car.

7) 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Bought it for a grand. Drove it out to Jackson. Sold it for 2k so I could put a deposit on my rental housing. Jackson used cars are 1k overpriced across the board, but I'll take it when I'm selling.

8) 2007 Nissan Frontier with the 6 speed and a moonroof. I'll love this rig till the day I die as I got some road head in it once.

9) 2005 Volvo V50 T5 AWD with the 6 speed. I bought this off Travis Rice. I did not become a better snowboarder. Still own this one.

10) 1987 BMW 325e. I have fully rebuilt this from the ground up. Its fun to zip around all the morons driving slow in Jackson.

11) 2012 FJ Cruiser. Loved this thing as well but not many options to really use it up here in reality. First and only brand new car I've ever had. It was fun and way better than a Wrangler. Bought it new in 12 for 30.5k, sold it last week for 29.5k with 39k miles. Toyota resale value is no joke.

12) 2005 Toyota Tacoma. Just picked this up. Have formed no opinion other than everyone and the Mom out here has one.
    Live Free or Die

Porsche/VolvoR/etc manuals. Sound like fun rides.

93 Saab 900t 5speed. Black on tan leather, sunroof, CD. Dad got a company car the time I turned 16. Being an eager permit driver and competent manual trainee paid off
    99 Camaro t-top 5spd. Fun but kind of meh all around. Couldn't manage SLC winters, big shocker.
    96 Dodge Ram reg cab. liked this truck, could have been a good keeper but dumped it moving back to suburbs out east
    97 Audi A4 1.8T 5spd. Enjoyed this car. Still like its looks.
    05 VW GLI sedan 6spd with BBS wheels n recaro seats from factory. My introduction to triple digit freeway cruising. Lease & done.
    01 Ford Taurus. Commuter car after the VW while doing the work + school, get-career-started thing.
    09 Suby Legacy auto. Great car overall, sold for more room
    05 Element Teh TOASTER!!! love the little school bus. Been all over UT, plus NV, WY, CO trips under the belt. Reliable and spacious. current
    08 350z 6psd. Just passing 1k so far, love this thing. Easy maintenance and cheap(ish). current

Owned way too many cars, hoping the current choices will pan out for a good 5+ yrs.

love cars....

68 VW bug, 3 speed auto stick, purchased for a 12 pack and left on side of road months later burning. stopped by grocery for cardboard to put new floors in car every week after school. Side note, 2 years later cops show up at door asking if I was in a bank robbery as old plate number showed up robbing a bank. Guess they stole the plate from the junk yard.

edit again, cant belive I missed this one...

75 Chevy Vega, dropped in a re-built .40 over 350, 350 hp from a 68 vette. double hump heads, turbo 350 auto. that car was fast and scary. frame was rusted and looked like shit but total sleeper and took many in races.

77 Chevelle, aka the Green Machine. ugly as sin, cheap ass car. best yard farming machine with studded snows ever made.

77 280Z T boned buy an old man missing a stop sign
    7?? 260z loaned my bro the $$ so I drove it a bit.

83 Mustang GT, threw the crank out the front, rebuilt to a bad ass short block ran out of $$$ and sold.

82 Datsun 4x4. total piece of shit but loved it.

89 Jeep Cheerokee, 2 door. Should have never sold.

82?? Civic? bought from wifes family for $200, was a great car for us when first married and could barely afford gas.

97 Tahoe, tranny was going out, traded for next

05 Mazda 3, was wifes car but I made payments so claiming. traded in Tahoe for it. Now my sons car and buying it off me for $100 cash every month on the 15th, basically getting car for 1/2 price blue book but kid needs to know how to pay bills, etc...

edit: forgot about 95 4Runner bought for son. Fixed it up, sold it for a profit ($50), selling Maza 3 to son and bought 11 4Runner for wife. bought 2x skis and ski passes with money from 4 runner sale.

04 Subi WRX, first new car I ever bought. paid for and still drive today.

11 4Runner, wifes car, i get visitation rights.

95 Dodge 1500, V8 , 5 speed, 2wd, everyone needs a house truck. Will keep and make a mild hot rod out of it, only dive to haul shit or when I want to listen to a V8. < 200 miles a year on it it that.

next up? beater for 15 going on 16 year old daughter. in market for cheap car that she will run over curbs and back into shit with.
    Last edited by hawkgt; 07-09-2015 at 07:14 AM.

I'm in
    In order of ownership:

1984 Honda Accord 4dr. What a sweet ride this thing was! Camel tan with black moldings. I blew the clutch out within the first 1k miles of ownership.
    1989 Nissan 240sx. Another fantastic car. Sporty little 5spd for a college kid.
    1994 Isuzu Pickup. Champagne gold with a fancy black plastic bed liner that accumulated enough dirt and filth one summer that weeds began to grow in the back of the bed next to the cab.
    1983 Dodge Diplomat Police Special. I duct taped over the holes in the roof and trunk where the police lights and antennas were mounted. Got it in lieu of a $500 salary at the bar I managed after college. Sold it for $250 when we moved to Colorado.
    1990 Mitsubish Montero. Between my father and I we put a few more than 300k miles on this thing. We both owned it 2 separate times. It was a fantastic suv in its day.
    1983 Toyota FJ60. I loved the old cruiser. She had 238k on the clock when I rolled her off a highway embankment in a snow storm. Fail...
    2000 Nissan xterra. Between Mrs Cruiser and I we put 105k miles on it and then eventually traded it in on a new one.
    2004 Subaru Impreza 4dr. It was like a gokart with a windshield. Cheapest interior ever. Made the old Isuzu look nice inside.
    2006 Subaru Forester xt. 5spd turbo with a spare set of studded snows. Driving this car up to and over Berthoud on snowy mid-winter mornings felt like something out of the WRC.
    2008 Nissan Xterra off road. Lifted, fully armored, locked, and rolling on 33" mudders. It would go wherever and back and I could sleep flat in the back with the seats folded down.
    2009 Nissan Pathfinder. This thing had every option that was available. It was fantastic to be in. Great vehicle to own.
    2012 Kia Soul. Hamster mobile! Easiest car to park in the history of mankind.
    2002 Ford Excursion Limited with the 7.3L diesel. Best vehicle ever for cruising the American interstate system. Like yachting...
    2012 Mazda 5. Seats the whole family and gets low 20's mpg in town without looking like a mini-van
    1983 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Lifted and rolling on 33's with no top or doors for at least 6 months out of the year. A fantastic beater.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Red
    Brown
    Black
    Red
    Green
    Black
    Teal
    Blue
    Gold
    Silver
    Red
    Red
    Silver

The only one I can honestly say that I really loved was the first one. A 1987 Alfa Romeo GTV6. Eventually it just kind of disolved.
    Last edited by PNWbrit; 07-08-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Red
    Brown
    Black
    Red
    Green
    Black
    Teal
    Blue
    Gold
    Silver
    Red
    Red
    Silver
    Heh. Reminds me of a guy a year or two above me growing up. His Colombian, absentee father would give him a new Mazda RX7 every year and ask for the old one back. Something was definitely fishy and the kid even thought so, but what did he care he was getting a new sports car every year.

He named the first one Luscious Red and then when his dad told him he had to part with Luscious Red a year later he just called every one thereafter Luscious ______ (insert color here).

Your list reads very close to his series of Mazdas.

Luscious Brown was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I always like this game. Seeing what whips others have had, and why they loved em or hated em is a fun time killer.

'02 Porsche 911 Cab (996) - Really glad this car is still in the family, as 911's get bigger and less mechanical this car gets better looking - even the kookly headlights that I used to hate. Only 22k miles on it today. It's been babied from when my Dad had it delivered, to when I had it, and now as a summer car for the fam.

08' BMW 335i - probably the best 'car' I've ever owned. Still makes me smile getting into it every time, no matter how old it gets. Gave it to wife for her DD and now it's mine again. Got 150k on the odo and it still feels tight as a drum.

'07 Porsche 911 (997) - Bought off my father when he upgraded to a new one. I'll never let this car go.

'15 Volvo XC70 T6 - just got it when we traded in the latest lemon X5. I really like it and I swear it's bigger than the X5 inside and 300hp doesn't hurt either.

Another great car book that's an easy read is PJ O'Rourke's Driving Like Crazy. Really funny book that will have you laughing out loud.
    Seems like we love some similar cars. My 335i just turned 50k miles and is off the extended warranty in a month so I am getting ready to to the Dinan stage 2 or is it 3 upgrade to 400hp
    Really miss owning a P car. I am saving my nickles and dimes for the eventual purchase of a 997TT. Good I love that car. Pure sex appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I've owned very few cars since I drive them into the ground so I'll add to the list. Growing up our family cars were:

2 Rusty Fiats (My first car memory is sleeping in the back of those noisy hunks of rust)
    VW 412 Fastback Air Cooled Wagon with a junk VW automatic tranny
    1967 BMW 1600 4 speed manual 1.6L Best Car ever.
    1978 Mercury Zephyr Wagon (Fox Chassis) 2.3L with the rare 4 speed manual. Learned to drive this and the BMW. We called it the zipping Z.
    1978 Audi Fox 1.8L (or was it just a 1.6L?) 4 speed manual This was a hand me down from my grandparents...it went 300k before rust killed it. Mechanically fuel injected.
    1986 Taurus MT5 with the 2.5L 4 banger
    1983 Ford Escort with 1.6L and 4 speed.

My cars:

First car hand me down :1976 Chevy Chevette 4 speed manual/Rally Package/Woody/4-11 Rear End/1.6L engine bored 60 over -Retired when I burned a valve. Fast from 0-15.

1986 Ford Escort 1.9L 4 speed manual - Sold it at 212k for $400 still running great. My senior year in high school 3 of my friends and I took this from Iowa to Jackson Hole - 2400 miles.. Sardines. Back when it was still cool to only own one pair of skis. Still remember picking up a six pack in Rock Springs with a fake ID for the roll up 191 into Jackson after a local mechanic fixed my broken timing belt. Best rolling party ever.

1989 Ford Taurus SHO 3.0L DOHC Yamaha V6 5 speed manual. Biggest hunk of shit ever. Rust killed it at 179K. Engine was nice.

2002 Subaru Outback 2.5L Manual 174k and still going strong on third set of head gaskets (or fourth depending on how you figure) and second shortblock. Baja Suspension and associated upgrades.

2003 Toyota 4Runner v6 4AT still going strong at 189K

2012 Toyota Prius V (Wagon) still sipping fuel at 60k
    Last edited by uglymoney; 07-08-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Just to represent those who've never owned a cool car:

85 Volvo 240 DL (great beater car and super reliable)

1990 Acura Integra 4dr (fun, reliable)

1998 Acura Integra 4dr (okay)

1999 GMC Jimmy (not great)

2009 Subaru Forester (wife's; I don't like it)

2001 Toyota Tundra (207k+; I love this truck)

If I won the lottery, I would pick up an Alfa 4c as my fun car and pay whatever it takes to keep my Tundra going forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Just to represent those who've never owned a cool car:

85 Volvo 240 DL (great beater car and super reliable).
    I disagree, just based on my many experiences growing up in friend's 240DLs I have to say that they're a cool car.

'72 Firebird Formula 400. First car, bought it the summer between Junior and Senior years in high school. Still have it but it needs major restoration work.

'65 Malibu 4-door, straight 6. Nicknamed it "Grandma" as it was the kind of car you'd expect to see some little blue hair driving. Solid commuter car, great in the snow, drove it 'til the engine started knocking.

'74 Malibu 4-door. Cheap transportation that got me where I needed to go and was surprisingly comfortable.

'75 Datsun pickup. Tiny little beater truck when I was a poor college student. A yearling doe jumping in front of it at 50 MPH totaled it in the middle of nowhere which lead to one of the more interesting weekends of my life.

'78 Toyota Corolla. Great little tin can of a car. 35 MPG everywhere all the time, 70 MPH top speed. Sold it to this huge guy (6'6" and 250 lbs easily) who was jumping bail and told me he was taking it to Alaska (why he told me anything I have no idea as I didn't ask and didn't care). Watching him shoehorn himself into that tiny car and drive away with his knees up around the steering wheel was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Got a letter from city of New Orleans about 3 months later saying it had been impounded and would be sold if I didn't claim it.

'75 Nova hatchback, straight 6. "Baby diaper brown" as one of my friends described it. Fun, solid car that you could sleep in with the back seat folded down, or carry a sheet of plywood in it or mountain bikes or whatever.

'84 Nissan 4x4 pickup. Drove the snot out of it 'til the engine started rattling and one of the frame mounts for the front lower control arm was all egged out. Cylinder head cracked regularly, transmission broke.

'72 K5 Blazer. Fun rig but it got too rusty and the body started sagging so bad that you couldn't open the doors if you took the top off.

'00 Chevy S-10 ZR1. Great engine, otherwise an utter POS. Took a bath on it to the tune of $2K just to get out from under the payments and constant maintenance headaches.

'75 Nova hatchback straight-6 (again). Blue with black interior. Nice car. Rebuilt and hot-rodded the engine (pretty peppy for a straight 6), upgraded the suspension with Trans Am parts, IROC wheels, Acura Integra seats. Powder coated the bumpers and all the trim black. Was still a really nice car when I sold it.

'84 Toyota 4x4 pickup. Posted about it in the maggot truck thread. Cool little truck.

'89 Toyota Corolla. Solid, dependable, cheap transportation. Put 120K miles on it in just a few years (230K total when sold) then 3rd gear went away in the transmission so traded it for the next car.

'06 Subaru WRX. Second favorite car behind the Firebird. Fast, fun, practical, and reliable until just recently. Put 130K on it in 7 years (162K total now) and now it needs some fairly major repairs so am selling it.

'97 Honda Accord 5-speed, 4dr. Just bought this for daily transportation. Great mechanical condition, 168K miles. We'll see how long I can stand it before I buy another fun car.

This is fun. In order of appearance.

88 Ford Tempo auto: Crimson felt interior. 0 - 60 in 24 seconds. Heavy D's Peaceful Journey tape stuck in the deck. It was the overweight lover or nothing.

85 Honda Spree. Splashed red paint a over it and restenciled the name to The Killing Spree. Crashed it into my friends garage in Bonney Lake and gave it to him as tribute.

89 Toyota Tercel manual: Hammered the eternal piss out if that thing, dropping the clutch on the freeway. Drove it to Mexico straight from Seattle in high school more than once and it never cared. It ran out of gas out in bumblefuck Enumclaw one day and I knew it wouldn't pass emissions so it's probably still where it died. Got a ride from a nice Indian fellow.

2002 VW Passat 4motion V6 auto: put tons of miles on her. Good in snow, seats like lazy boys, big interior, great car.

1972 Bronco, tons of upgrades, 341. I loved her and will get her back. Used to blow the doors off ricers off the line. Rebuilt engine from ground up and only had 35k on the new one. Took it skiing a few times with no doors. Got a little nippy going through the pass, huh Har?

2004 Suby STi manual. 300 horses turbo charged, light as a feather. Few sane upgrades. On railroad tracks. No feel. Faster than greased snot on a hot tin roof. Drove it a year then sold it to some young guy who was going to kill the tranny in 6 months.

2008 BMW M3 4.0L V8 manual. As advertised. Visceral. More fun than I could have on the road as the back wanted to break free and I wanted to let it more than I could.

Currently own:

2009 VW Tiguan 2.0T: This thing was built in conjunction with H&R performance so it's slightly lowered. Still has plenty of clearance but drives like a car. Some electrical gremlins but good little car for hauling shit around. With the rocket box I can move nearly everything but I think this one is going to way of the dodo for a Cruiser, Lexus LX or Sequoia.

B6 S4 Avant 4.2L manual: 69k on the odo. Great mix of practicality (minus the mileage) and fun. Upgraded suspension. Don't need first gear. Going to keep it until it dies, but like Busters Audi's, I expect high miles with few problems on this engine.