Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cat bites, bad?

I've done a little skiing & biking with the cat whisperer, as you can see he is a good guy cuz most farmers would have just shot the lynx
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

That’s like picking up a wild chimpanzee. He’s lucky to still have a face after doing that!

Chris grew up in the bush, xc ski racer, farming, ranching, logging, tree planting so this ain't his first rodeo

The captain of my hockey team is a lynx researcher. He has handled (and killed) more lynx than he can count. If he says this was a foolish and incredibly lucky thing to get away with imma go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The captain of my hockey team is a lynx researcher. He has handled (and killed) more lynx than he can count. If he says this was a foolish and incredibly lucky thing to get away with imma go with that.
    Yeah but is he even a xc skier?

Cat bites, bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Yeah but is he even a xc skier?
    Wait BM...you have a captain for a men’s hockey league team? Hopefully he brings the beer every week

X2 on the xc skiing point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Wait BM...you have a captain for a men’s hockey league team? Hopefully he brings the beer every week

X2 on the xc skiing point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    He does bring more than his share of beer. By captain I mean the guy who picks players in the draft and then has to continually try to get us all to show up on time for each game.

It’s like herding cats - fortunately, as I said, he has that experience.

Yeah IME they’re usually the team admin unless the captains are named to make sure the best players are split across the rosters of the league. But it’s usually about the willingness to do paperwork.

obviously tuffnut the lynx was a pussy

do that on any other farm he would have got shot

but Chris was pretty chill and just relocated him

sounds like he was trying to teach his daughters life lessons

RIP Frieda and Birdie the ex-chickens

the lesson via the media is "just pick the wild animal up by the scruff of its neck - no problems"

that's not a good lesson despite the positive outcome in this situation

the lynx are starving this year (low rabbit year - just part of the cycle) so it may have been weakened and more docile as a result

as long as he's not a goalie.

the lesson via the media is "just pick the wild animal up by the scruff of its neck - no problems"

that's not a good lesson despite the positive outcome in this situation

the lynx are starving this year (low rabbit year - just part of the cycle) so it may have been weakened and more docile as a result
    I don't think too many people are very interested in picking up a lynx

the girls are learning all kinds of things on the farm, self reliance & getting along

no rabbit so obviously the lynx are switching to chicken

Chris left Birdie & Frieda for Tuffnut to have for dinner

its all good

Gotta ask: who was doing the video? Looks like ...... Chris?!?

We had a young cat get into our coop about this time last year, killed one of our girls shortly before my wife heard the commotion. I got home not long after and we chased it out, but it was kinda like the same thing, this cat was totally locked in on getting it's chicken dinner, I probably coulda grabbed it but really had no desire to. Damn thing kept coming back to claim it's prize. Finally we chucked the dead chicken into the coulee to get rid of the cat. That evening one of our tenants up the road called to let us know his dog got into it with a bobcat the previous night, so we called the fish cops to come set a trap. We didn't want to kill it, neither did the fish cop. He said he had a good place to let it go up on the Missouri river where they had a feral cat problem.

Didn't catch it or see it again. Caught a couple of skunks though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74472986_3789732521052656_5438062044282617856_o.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	329.2 KB 
ID:	364712

Awesome photo, props.

Ya, I've a bit of experience with lynx, especially in the Omineca and Bulkley areas, and they are a different breed up there vs the ones I've encountered in the Kootenays, or now in the N.Thompson. They really don't spaz over humans in close proximity. No idea why. Here and more south, they are fewer, and don't waste time getting to cover. But both working on buddy's trapline or under govt/industry contract up north, and you can walk right up to those kitties. Weird.

Cat bites, bad?

Next door neighbor left a moose leg under the snow (no idea why). I found this lynx chowing down in it in our backyard last month. It was not the least bit phased by my presence.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Ya, I've a bit of experience with lynx, especially in the Omineca and Bulkley areas, and they are a different breed up there vs the ones I've encountered in the Kootenays, or now in the N.Thompson. They really don't spaz over humans in close proximity. No idea why. Here and more south, they are fewer, and don't waste time getting to cover. But both working on buddy's trapline or under govt/industry contract up north, and you can walk right up to those kitties. Weird.

Less threat of cross-species breeding up north.
    Gravity. It's the law.