Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

DPS Lotus 124 - These Look Fun

http://www.dpsskis.com/en/skis/powde...lotus-124.html

Anyone got time on these during development?

Just looking at them... really small radius for such a fat ski. That's one humongous tip too. Basically a fatter DPS112 Tour1?

A 181 Caylor is at 24m and they're playful but also stable. I wouldn't see this as a charger so much as, yeah, a really fat 112RP.

It's the pricing that gets me every time
    It's like a Porsche. Nice to consider occasionally but can never buy it
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    It's like a Porsche.
    And much like a Porsche you get to have your ego stroked every time somebody asks "Are those DPS worth it?" and you get to smugly reply "Yes, but if you have to ask... maybe you don't have fine enough taste to know the difference."

Like to see a camber pic, don't understand the description
    (Flat tail vs rp rocker)
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

If it snows enough this season to justify even dreaming of 124mm skis I'll be happy to be outraged about the price at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    And much like a Porsche you get to have your ego stroked every time somebody asks "Are those DPS worth it?" and you get to smugly reply "Yes, but if you have to ask... maybe you don't have fine enough taste to know the difference."
    Hahahahaha, hahahaha.

The only thing in common with a Porsche is that drivers of both tend to be pretty fucking old and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Just looking at them... really small radius for such a fat ski. That's one humongous tip too. Basically a fatter DPS112 Tour1?
    this ^^ IMO the very cool thing about the lotus 120 is I could let them run and do 38M radius turns or slarve them down to sliding sideways like a fucking snowboarder so personaly I would not want a fatter wailer 112, so the question in my mind IS did they dummy the lotus 120 down to where this is just a "doctor ski"

I have noticed people will make "the comment" about the sexy Lamborghini yellow 112 but have absolutely no fucking clue about the lotus 120 and what it is

edit: published spec s don't say anything about tip rocker IME the 60cm tip rocker of the Lotus 120 is superiour to the 45cm wailer tip rocker and I can't see what kind of tail (flat or upturned) , so publishing a 23 M turning radius is what make s me wonder if this is a 3 D design ... "Dummied Down for Dentists"
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-03-2015 at 08:30 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

DPS Lotus 124 - These Look Fun

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    Like to see a camber pic, don't understand the description
    (Flat tail vs rp rocker)
    It sounds to me like they have the flat 120 tail and the banana RP112 tip rocker, along with the rearward 120 mount point. But I agree, the description needs a serious overhaul or de-obfuscation. If the ski nerds are struggling, I wonder how the dentists will do.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 07-03-2015 at 02:17 AM.

So are these really a 124 " Lotus " or are they be called 124 " Wailers "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

No, no, no. This is the DPS Wailer 124 RPC-L.

It's because only doctors can afford a $1300 ski. The dims seem like semi pintailed but fat tip. Rich mans megawatt? What I don't get is the evolution costing so much. On3p evolved boot forward RR for a reasonable price. It's like they only want a certain clientele. If heli ops are like this then I'll just cat ski. The description really does not say what shape the ski is, should I just trust them with my $1300? I can get three pairs for that, demo, sell two and cat ski. I just don't get the business model unless they don't want me to get it . That's a good plan just price out the common man and then the common man goes elsewhere. Off to my $2 taco....
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

dont talk about your wife like that

Can anybody actually provide the real tip and tail rocker. Is it 5 point like the picture. Those are real questions bs a rant. Happy douche
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Dreamtime occurred 6 weeks ago, when Gear Coop unloaded their DPS stock on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    Dreamtime occurred 6 weeks ago, when Gear Coop unloaded their DPS stock on Amazon.
    Ha. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/DPS-Lotus-Hybr...dp/B00U802K8W/

DPS Lotus 138 Hybrid Skis (2012/13) - 192cm for 300$ !
    and free shipping! Only 14 left in stock...

Some maggots should be picking those up imho.

^ You're almost two months late to the party. Many Pure2 & Hybrid 138's, Pure2 120's, and Spoons found new homes.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-shipped/page3

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    It sounds to me like they have the flat 120 tail and the banana RP112 tip rocker, along with the rearward 120 mount point. But I agree, the description needs a serious overhaul or de-obfuscation. If the ski nerds are struggling, I wonder how the dentists will do.
    I'm curious about this as well. It doesn't actually say it has a flat tail though. Anyone with contacts in DPS who can get a rocker profile picture?

I got their 15/16 catalog today and it doesn't mention anything about these either.

Looks like a silly ski. I don't get DPS.

The Powderworks Lotus 124:
    We have been immersed deep in the R+D lab over the past few months. The hunt for ski perfection has begun anew: this time at more elemental levels as we search for axiomatic relationships between shape and flex pattern.
    The first Powderworks ski to emerge from those efforts is a Lotus concept that combines some of our new geometric discoveries with a quest for ultimate versatility in a 120mm powder shape.
    We have drawn positive cues from all across the current quiver: effective edge geometry drawn from the Wailer 105, paddle tech and rocker from the Wailer 112, boot-to-overall length balance of the original Lotus 120, and a new sidecut/taper angle combined with a radically new flex pattern.
    The design results in a balanced ski that elegantly walks the tightrope between a deeply rockered/paddle design and a directional, flat-tailed Lotus 120/Wailer105 driven design. We are aiming for the best of both worlds in a 120mm class pow stick that will be able to perform double duty in mixed snow.
    With the Powderworks Lotus 124, you are skiing the cutting edge of our exploratory thoughts – a novel new platform on the hunt for everyday powder shape perfection – enjoy.

Sounds like a great ski for skiing on the "cutting edge of exploratory thoughts". Still, I prefer to ski on snow.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

"Getting" DPS or using them on snow, sure isn't hard for me.

The two pairs I have are nothing less than spectacular at what they are intended to do. Lotus 138 (p3 spooned version) can pivot quickly in the trees but still just keeps getting better the faster you go on it.

RPC is also nothing less than awesome. It does have a few limitations, but so does pretty much any other ski.

I don't doubt that this new ski is good, but description sure do need some work.
    Last edited by LiveLarger; 07-07-2015 at 01:52 PM.

^^^ Yup. I've lent out my old 2006? Wailer 95s to maybe 5 people, and they all came back saying they were incredible. I like my other 2 pairs as well.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda