Page 70 of 146 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3644
    Progress!

Now that we have that taken care of....

I have been contemplating getting a Nissan leaf so we can park the Land Cruiser, and only use it on pow days and road trips.
    I have solar panels on the roof of my house. I enjoy my $0 electric bill.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Fwiw, regardless of how appropriate Greta's position is, I admire her & think she's helping the world by speaking up with force.

There are few things more admirable than legitimately righteous indignation.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Your "no warming" Australia claim is more than a little disingenuous because it relies on daily max temperatures and not daily mean temperatures.

It matters because greenhouse gasses create a slow varying trend of globally synchronous warming. We also know Australian weather stations changed significantly over the years making the underlying assumptions in your link faulty without also applying sound statistical analysis as well as correlating historical and other proxy data.

We see more of the same from your other claims.

The James Delingpole ocean acidification editorial, for example, is irresponsible inaccurate Breitbart affiliated journalism. James Delingpole falsely represents the scientific literature, practices you repeatedly engage in, and purposely misrepresents the chart he refers to in the article.
    There is a good reason why alarmists like to ignore maximum temperatures. I'm sure when you ask any alarmist what worries them about global warming, they aren't going to talk about daily low temperatures increasing. Are people are suffering and dying from increased daily low temperatures?

The link is from the 25 Australian weather stations that have records going back to 1890. The "sound statistical analysis" is hilarious, how else are these organizations like the BOM going to get the warming they want?

Here is the first of a lengthy blog series on the issues with the BOM record:https://kenskingdom.wordpress.com/20...-1-queensland/

Overall conclusions from the analysis:

The High Quality data does NOT give an accurate record of Australian temperatures over the last 100 years.

BOM has produced a climate record that can only be described as a guess.

The best we can say about Australian temperature trends over the last 100 years is “Temperatures have gone down and up where we have good enough records, but we don’t know enough.”

So just because Delingpole writes for Brietbart, the information in his Spectator article is false? How does he misrepresent the chart he referred to?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Quotes from delusional quasi-scientists don’t count as proof these days, you gotta do better. Once again, it’s obvious that you don’t travel much.
    (You must be conserving your carbon footprint)
    I guess I rely on 'quasi-scientists' while you rely on 16 year old high school dropouts.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I'm Ron Johnson. 97% of the scientists are wrong. LalalalalalaLalalala! Own the libs... Lalalalalalalalala! Look how far I can stick my head up my ass!

Man, sometimes I get pissed off. Sorry for feeding the troll.

sent from Utah.
    If you paid any attention to what I've been saying you would know this isn't about me 'owning the libs,' or that '97% of scientists are wrong.' My point with the 97% is that its a made up statistic, and even if it were real, it gives us no consensus on how much warming humans are responsible for, or how dangerous it is.

I like titties
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    There is a good reason why alarmists like to ignore maximum temperatures. I'm sure when you ask any alarmist what worries them about global warming, they aren't going to talk about daily low temperatures increasing. Are people are suffering and dying from increased daily low temperatures?

So just because Delingpole writes for Brietbart, the information in his Spectator article is false? How does he misrepresent the chart he referred to?
    Setting aside sound statistical testing, at least you admit your cherry-picked claim of "Australia's land temperature has had no warming since the late 1800's" is false. The increase in minima along with the corresponding increase in daily mean temperatures is consistent across Australia, and is a signature of globally synchronous greenhouse warming.

And like so many of your claims and analysis, James Delingpole's editorial "is an explosive mix of false statements, cherry picking, and plain anti-science feelings."

He's plain wrong about the acidity of seawater because, "when the pH of something goes down we say that it is acidifying." It's that simple. He also misstates the significant risks to marine ecosystems due to decreasing ocean pH. And throughout his opinion piece, he repeatedly misrepresents and inaccurately represents the scientific source material, etc.

https://climatefeedback.org/evaluati...the-spectator/

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    So you are right, you aren't saying we are fucked so why try. You are saying we are fucked so let's just be fucked. Do I have it right this time? The problem with global warming is that is also leading to extinction of most other species. Do you want that too? Is the giant ball we live on the most important thing, or is it the things that live on that ball that matter to us? The ball will be fine. It is the living things that won't.

I take a different view. What if we start with the premise that there are thing we do that give us joy and give our lives meaning - like ski, fish, travel, have kids, etc. So instead of stopping doing those things, why don't we find ways to do those things so we can do them without killing off all life and creating climate chaos? I think we are smart enough to do this. . .

That depends.

Bear with me. I will turn 62 tomorrow and my Generation is useless when it comes to making the changes that will be required, no amount of information or statistics will change that and any attempts to educate us will be viewed exactly how Greta is being viewed. Fake news, hysteria, propaganda etc.

The next generation behind me I have little hope for as well, the generation after that has a chance to make meaningful changes although they will be difficult. The next generation is the one that will make a difference if there is one left to make. That does not mean I am giving up, it does mean I am being realistic.
    Last edited by Not bunion; 09-24-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I like titties
    different thread
    watch out for snakes

I think weird mosquito born sicknesses are going to be more of an issue than rising tides. We’re going to be on mosquito watch here in CT until November this year, with Equine Encephalitis popping up this fall.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Fox News has apologized after a guest criticized the teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg as a “mentally ill Swedish child”.

pretty sure she is not Swedish

Name:  JMQGBP.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  53.2 KB
    watch out for snakes

I like titties
    FKNA, and taco, don't forget the motherfucking taco.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    FKNA, and taco, don't forget the motherfucking taco.
    Mmm... Ima go get me some tacos.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

19 September 2019 – A new report by the world’s largest humanitarian network warns that the number of people needing humanitarian assistance every year as a result of climate-related disasters could double by 2050.

The Cost of Doing Nothing – published today by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) – estimates that the number of people in need of humanitarian assistance as a result of storms, droughts and floods could climb beyond 200 million annually – compared to an estimated 108 million today.

It further suggests that this rising human toll would come with a huge financial price tag, with climate-related humanitarian costs ballooning to US$20 billion per year by 2030, in the most pessimistic scenario.

Speaking in New York, in the run-up to the UN Climate Action Summit, IFRC President Francesco Rocca said:

“These findings confirm the impact that climate change is having, and will continue to have, on some of the world’s most vulnerable people. It also demonstrates the strain that increasing climate-related disasters could place on aid agencies and donors.”

“The report shows the clear and frightening cost of doing nothing. But it also shows there is a chance to do something. But now is the time to take urgent action. By investing in climate adaptation and disaster risk reduction, including through efforts to improve early warning and anticipatory humanitarian action, the world can avoid a future marked by escalating suffering and ballooning humanitarian response costs,” said Mr Rocca.

The Cost of Doing Nothing builds on the work and methodology of the World Bank’s Shock Waves report, and draws on data from the UN, the EM-DAT International Disaster Database as well as IFRC’s own disaster statistics. The report shows that we are facing a stark choice. No action and costs are likely to escalate. Take determined and ambitious action now that prioritizes inclusive, climate-smart development and the number of people in need of international humanitarian assistance annually could in fact fall to as low as 68 million by 2030, and even drop further to 10 million by 2050 – a decrease of 90 per cent compared to today.

Julie Arrighi, an advisor at the Red Cross and Red Crescent Climate Centre, and one of the main contributors to the report, said:

“In this report, we present some of the potential consequences should the global community fail to step up ambition to address the rising risks in a changing climate. It also shows some of the potential positive outcomes if indeed the global community takes action now to build resilience, adapt and address the current climate crisis

“We hope that this report helps build momentum during the upcoming Climate Action Summit and beyond to increase investment in inclusive, climate-smart development – including reduced emissions, but especially renewed efforts to adapt to the rising risks,” Ms Arrighi said.

To download the full report, visit www.ifrc.org/costofdoingnothing

Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    That depends.

Bear with me. I will turn 62 tomorrow and my Generation is useless when it comes to making the changes that will be required, no amount of information or statistics will change that and any attempts to educate us will be viewed exactly how Greta is being viewed. Fake news, hysteria, propaganda etc.

The next generation behind me I have little hope for as well, the generation after that has a chance to make meaningful changes although they will be difficult. The next generation is the one that will make a difference if there is one left to make. That does not mean I am giving up, it does mean I am being realistic.
    Unfortunately my generation did not die before it got old or there might have been a chance.

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    That depends.

I'm 58. We are going to do this because we have to do this.

People actually care. We just need to drag their asses from caring to acting. Kids will push us -- we just need to follow them.

Happy birthday BTW!

What is the exact amount of carbon an individual needs to be limited to in order to stop AGW?

Anyone up for a Game Of GNAR: Carbon Footprint Edition?

Waxing with flourocarbons: -30 points

Warming up ICE vehicle: -50 points

Riding chairlift/gondola: -75 points per ride

Parking in heated garage: -100 points

Warming up in the chalet: -100 points per hour

Apres: -100 points per hour

Use of single use plastics: -100 points per item

Driving to resort/trailhead: -300 points per gallon or -5 points per mile for EVs that aren't charged using alternative energy

Buying new skis/boots: -500 points (x2 multiplier if bought from overseas)

Cat access: -500 points per ride

Heli skiing: -10,000 points per ride

Using GoPro for footage that isn't gnarly then uploading to social media: -100,000 points per minute of footage uploaded

Flying to Japan for some Japow: -100,000,000 points

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxxx View Post
    What is the exact amount of carbon an individual needs to be limited to in order to stop AGW?

Driving to resort/trailhead: -300 points per gallon or -5 points per mile for EVs that aren't charged using alternative energy

Using GoPro for footage that isn't gnarly then uploading to social media: -100,000 points per minute of footage uploaded

Riding lifts and warming up at resorts running on over 50% renewabls all of the above X-1

Jackson Hole Announces It Will Be Completely Powered by Wind and Renewable Energy in 2019-2020
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxxx View Post

GoPro points are way too low.

As for the rest, much of that can be powered by renewable clean energy.

Flying to a resort anywhere is a big one though. Start by cutting down those trips.

Name:  greta.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  38.1 KB

how can it be that the IPCC is introducing solar particle forcing to the models in 2022? and how can all the previous models be accurate without it? i thought the science was settled!

supporting links for the lazy and the righteous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEWoPzaDmOA

This should answer 99% of your questions... I say should, because the inept usually don't read before commenting:
    1) This is a literature review of 700+ peer-reviewed papers. 95% from AGU, Elsevier, or TandF- [If you are thinking, "What do those mean?" - stop talking.]

2) The IPCC has already allowed solar particle forcing for CMIP6 because of the 700+ papers in the last decade. This is in the video but most miss it somehow. It's happening, I'm just telling you WHY, what is expected to happen by solar physicists, and then connecting some dots across a longer timeline. That's it.

3) A nuke tells you that a tiny bit of particle mass is worth tons and tons of energy waves. Climate science focuses on some energy waves and ignores the much more influential particles... until now, see #2.

4) As of September 5, 2019, 121 of the 160 negative comments accuse me of being and oil shill or make comments about pollution.... literally commenting without watching the first two minutes. I did this on purpose, starting the video this way, because I knew this would happen, and I wanted you all too see exactly what merit exists in the majority of these walking dead puppets of global warming doom.
    https://public.wmo.int/en/media/news...petteri-taalas

https://solarisheppa.geomar.de/cmip6

A lot of climate change studies are based on observed measurements of various factors like co2, temperature etc. New variables introduced do not necessarily change the correctness of a model. It may help explain more, or make it more correct or help break out effects better. The science isn't 100% settled, but there is more than enough to go after CO2

People need to stop breeding.
    watch out for snakes