look at the lists and decide for yourselves
    Hurricane frequency (Cat 4)
    Period Number Number per year
    1851–1900 13 0.26
    1901–1950 29 0.58
    1951–1975 22 0.88
    1976–2000 24 0.96
    2001–present 24 1.4
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Lists of all the Cat 4 and 5 hurricanes
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tic_hurricanes
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tic_hurricanes
    look at the lists and decide for yourselves
    Everyone knows Wikipedia is THE authority on everything / roll eyes/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

Data doesn't care what source it comes through. Every data point, every hurricane name and data point is correct. When you don't like what the data says, attack the source instead of the facts because that's what hecklers do. Finding legitimate problems with the content of those pages might be a better approach..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Data doesn't care what source it comes through. Every data point, every hurricane name and data point is correct. When you don't like what the data says, attack the source instead of the facts because that's what hecklers do. Finding legitimate problems with the content of those pages might be a better approach..
    to that, the infamous Dr. Mann:

"A climate Alarmist Sued a Skeptic for Defamation – and Lost"

https://www.libertynation.com/a-clim...tion-and-lost/

"Canadian engineer Stephen McIntyre spent several years after the publication of the hockey stick graph trying to prove that it was faulty. He ultimately prevailed – but, during this debacle, Mann engaged in what many have described as intellectually dishonest or even fraudulent behavior. He refused to release the full data and source files that he used in his infamous 1999 publication.
    In 2011, Tim Ball summarized this by stating that Michael Mann “belonged in a pen, not in Penn University.” This statement was the basis for Mann’s defamation lawsuit."
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

Why do you still post in this thread? Even when it comes to assessing data you still fail. From the wikipedia page: "The number of Category 4 and 5 hurricanes appears to have nearly doubled in occurrence in from 1970 to 2004.[5] It is likely that the increase in Atlantic tropical storm and hurricane frequency is primarily due to improved monitoring."

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

It's impressive to me what a reliable and impartial source wikipedia is. I know that when it comes to medical subjects that I know a lot about it's very good. If you want to learn about a new subject it's a good place to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post

"Canadian engineer Stephen McIntyre spent several years after the publication of the hockey stick graph trying to prove that it was faulty. He ultimately prevailed – but, during this debacle, Mann engaged in what many have described as intellectually dishonest or even fraudulent behavior. He refused to release the full data and source files that he used in his infamous 1999 publication.
    In 2011, Tim Ball summarized this by stating that Michael Mann “belonged in a pen, not in Penn University.” This statement was the basis for Mann’s defamation lawsuit."
    How did I miss that? I must have missed an issue of Liberty Nation. Better call customer service so I can get caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Why do you still post in this thread?
    Why do you still post on this forum? You've been banned under at least one other screen name.

Why do you still post on this forum? You've been banned under at least one other screen name.
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post

Libertynation? Really? Meanwhile in real science land instead of Liberty Bible Science land..

Climate myths: The 'hockey stick' graph has been proven wrong

ronjohnson's past TGR permabanned life was also really big on that hockey stick criticism..
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 08-31-2019 at 11:19 AM.

ronGhostofSeasonsPastjohnson

Who's this ron johnson nerd?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Who's this ron johnson nerd?
    I know what a Johnson is--it's a dick.

Nope. All you guys have to do to get me to stop posting is to stop posting nonsense in this thread. The only reason I made an account is because I got too frustrated reading all the drivel in this thread with no one around to refute it.

Nope. All you guys have to do to get me to stop posting is to stop posting nonsense in this thread. The only reason I made an account is because I got too frustrated reading all the drivel in this thread with no one around to refute it.
    Well at some point you might realize that all you're doing is shouting "the Earth is FLAT." Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Well at some point you might realize that all you're doing is shouting "the Earth is FLAT." Good luck with that.
    Take a look back in the thread, then get back to me which side most closely resembles the flat eathers. Actually, to save time, all you have to do is look at the last 2 pages of hurricane discussion.

Take a look back in the thread, then get back to me which side most closely resembles the flat eathers. Actually, to save time, all you have to do is look at the last 2 pages of hurricane discussion.
    I knew Galileo*. You sir are no Galileo.

*Actually slightly before my time, but I feel like I knew him.

Nope. All you guys have to do to get me to stop posting is to stop posting nonsense in this thread. The only reason I made a NEW SOCK PUPPET account is because I got too frustrated after being banned for posting the same totally debunked bullshit over and over an over....
    it.

Fixed it for you Kook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ee0f7cf745aea722029abf420a79f868.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	433.7 KB 
ID:	292819  
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 09-01-2019 at 12:18 PM.

The only reason I made an account is because I got too frustrated reading all the drivel in this thread with no one around to refute it.
    So let me get this straight, you never had an account? You just dropped by and read all the bullshit that gets posted here for several years, years in which you endured that shitty default white background when you are not signed in. Then one day you happen upon a Climate Change thread, one of about a dozen and you said to yourself, "self, these people have it wrong and it is up to me to correct them".

Fuck you.
    Mister Man! Mister Man! Mister Man. They left this card.

he felt a calling... his powers were needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    So let me get this straight, you never had an account? You just dropped by and read all the bullshit that gets posted here for several years, years in which you endured that shitty default white background when you are not signed in. Then one day you happen upon a Climate Change thread, one of about a dozen and you said to yourself, "self, these people have it wrong and it is up to me to correct them".

Fuck you.
    Hey, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. That's what superheroes are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Fuck you.
    I have lurked in the ski forum for a few years. I never bothered with any of the other forums. This is the only climate thread I've seen on here because it started in the ski forum and then got moved. It took many annoyances reading this thread before I finally caved and made an account.

I have the same white background signed in or not signed in. How do I get a good one?

use the force, ron....

I have lurked in the ski forum for a few years. I never bothered with any of the other forums. This is the only climate thread I've seen on here because it started in the ski forum and then got moved. It took many annoyances reading this thread before I finally caved and made an account.

I have the same white background signed in or not signed in. How do I get a good one?
    We'd show you in detail, but you'd just try to show us how we're wrong. When were you first diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

"Hurricane Dorian Becomes the 5th Atlantic Category 5 in 4 Years"

Hurricane Dorian intensified into a Category 5 on Sunday morning, becoming the fifth Atlantic hurricane in the past four years to reach this highest level on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.

Dorian's intensification into a Category 5 marked the fourth year in a row the Atlantic basin has had at least one hurricane reach that strength. That's the most consecutive years on record with at least one Category 5 in the Atlantic, topping a three-year stretch from 2003 to 2005.
    https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...y-five-history

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    "Hurricane Dorian Becomes the 5th Atlantic Category 5 in 4 Years"

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...y-five-history
    Pffft we had just as many cat 5s 40 years ago and just didn't realize it. Just ask ghost of season past johnson..