Page 32 of 146 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Kind of strange people would have a problem with 78 during the day. Most people would consider that to be a perfectly comfortable temperature outdoors in the shade, so why do they need to keep their house cooler? 82 seems pretty hot for sleeping, though. Glad that's not something we have to deal with in Seattle (yet).

everybody is different but my parents keep it at 78 as like most older people; they like it warmer; all of the offspring complain when we walk in. our office AC went out and it was 80 for a month, it just takes some productivity out of you.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67365F54-405C-43BC-961C-32634A40DF1C.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	291871
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Kind of strange people would have a problem with 78 during the day. Most people would consider that to be a perfectly comfortable temperature outdoors in the shade, so why do they need to keep their house cooler? 82 seems pretty hot for sleeping, though. Glad that's not something we have to deal with in Seattle (yet).
    Holy shit 82 at night! Insane. This is proof the staff writers at CR have an average age of 90.

Also 78 can feel too warm inside in a humid climate if the ac isn't running because the temp outside is only a couple degrees warmer. I am always adjusting my thermostat...on super hot days 80 can feel great but on super humid nights that aren't super warm you might have to go 74.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Holy shit 82 at night! Insane. This is proof the staff writers at CR have an average age of 90.

Also 78 can feel too warm inside in a humid climate if the ac isn't running because the temp outside is only a couple degrees warmer. I am always adjusting my thermostat...on super hot days 80 can feel great but on super humid nights that aren't super warm you might have to go 74.

second that.

I understand as a ski forum TGR is going to like it colder naturally, but I have never heard of anyone that like to sleep at 82, most like 72 or lower; even my "78 feels right" parents don't like it over 75 at night.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    everybody is different but my parents keep it at 78 as like most older people; they like it warmer; all of the offspring complain when we walk in. our office AC went out and it was 80 for a month, it just takes some productivity out of you.
    It's not just the heat but the humidity!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    It's not just the heat but the humidity!
    Ski Coug's got it bad. Houston's the only place in the US that's more miserable than South Florida when it comes to hot and humid..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Wow. I haven't looked at this thread in a while, but was wondering why it kept making it to the top of the page. I should have known a troll denier had snuck in.

The Amazon rainforest is on fire. It's a fucking rainforest. Nothing has changed. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    second that.

I understand as a ski forum TGR is going to like it colder naturally, but I have never heard of anyone that like to sleep at 82, most like 72 or lower; even my "78 feels right" parents don't like it over 75 at night.
    The point is that if we're going to do anything about global warming it will require people to sleep at warmer temps than they are comfortable with and to do a whole lot of other things that are inconvenient, uncomfortable, or downright unpleasant--like give up AC altogether and maybe move to someplace where they don't need it. There isn't going to be a technological fix that allows us to live our lives like we do now.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Pssh. That sounds nice. Family and I went out to eat last night. Came home around 9 and it was still 101. I saw it peak at 111 yesterday afternoon. Oh yeah, and humid as balls too. Just shoot me already. Can't wait for what these dorks call "Fall." Will still be in the high 80s and chicks be breaking out the Ugg boots and Pumpkin Spice Lattes. It's hilarious. At least today and the next couple weeks are only supposed to be in the 90s. I'll freaking take it. Actually been a very unseasonably mild summer though up until late July/August, though. Been rough these last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Ski Coug's got it bad. Houston's the only place in the US that's more miserable than South Florida when it comes to hot and humid..
    true dat.

this site called weatherspark rates all sorts of climate for cities(dew point, humidity, temp, etc) and gives the cities ratings over the year as cool, cold, dry, mild, warm and miserable and only Houston, new Orleans and Miami had miserable ratings for multiple months in the summer.

as the board knows, i'm a conservative so i'm obviously slow and stupid; but i'm wising up and moving to Boston when the opportunity comes. ironically, boston.

The weather's coming with you, unfortunately.

Wear a Yankee hat.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Pssh. That sounds nice. Family and I went out to eat last night. Came home around 9 and it was still 101. I saw it peak at 111 yesterday afternoon. Oh yeah, and humid as balls too. Just shoot me already. Can't wait for what these dorks call "Fall." Will still be in the high 80s and chicks be breaking out the Ugg boots and Pumpkin Spice Lattes. It's hilarious. At least today and the next couple weeks are only supposed to be in the 90s. I'll freaking take it. Actually been a very unseasonably mild summer though up until late July/August, though. Been rough these last few weeks.
    We had some hot spells this summer for sure but right now isn't bad. Like 80 right now and overcast with glass water and nobody on the river but us.

I have been to Texas in the summer. Definitely next level. We can hold our own on the humidity here though. Millions of acres of corn throwing off moisture all day doesn't help.

cool. or actually, I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Are you seriously presenting yourself as an expert on this stuff because you took 2 years of environmental science classes? Hold the phone everyone, forget what those PHD physicists and Climatologists said about CO2 and whether it lags or contributes to climate change. This guy took two years of undergrad Environmental Science classes! And he says they made serious errors in their calculations, he’s probably about to win the Nobel prize with this find!
    Typical bullshit argument from a true asshole. All I did was present data (collected by the fucking experts) and shared my experience as someone who actually took time out of their life to study the dynamic systems of this planet. What the fuck have you done? Post some shit on TGR? I also said to present facts and logic and change my mind.. Learn basic comprehension skills, then come back and share what you've learned, you fucking twat.

Edit: CO2 has been proven to lag behind temp rise. It's a feedback loop.. Higher temp = more CO2 = higher temp. If you think I made that up, you're pretty dense. That's why I posted the second graph, says it right on there..

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by SlyFoxxx; 08-21-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

If you had been paying any attention to this thread you would know that graphic is unreliable. Temperature swings in the past 20,000 years were much more profound than that smooth rise and fall represented in the graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    If you had been paying any attention to this thread you would know that graphic is unreliable. Temperature swings in the past 20,000 years were much more profound than that smooth rise and fall represented in the graphic.
    But none nearly as profound as the last one... the one that fucking matters..

But none nearly as profound as the last one... the one that fucking matters..
    Name:  gisp2.png
Views: 379
Size:  49.4 KB

Imagine Bozeman, or your ski town, with 2degrees C or more of warming by mid century. Terrifying.

https://www.hcn.org/articles/climate...future-bozeman

^^^ depressing as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Name:  gisp2.png
Views: 379
Size:  49.4 KB
    Note the scale. Other than super volcanoes and asteroid strikes, nothing nearly as sudden and distinct..

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^^ depressing as shit.
    Agreed. Although the second half lays out a positive future.

Note the scale. Other than super volcanoes and asteroid strikes, nothing nearly as sudden and distinct..
    Congrats, you have overtaken WMD as the most out of touch true believer in this thread. Notice how the graph you are defending is a cartoon with no sourcing? Notice how it doesn't show any of the massive Younger Dryas spikes? Notice all the smaller spikes in the last 10,000 years (which aren't associated with asteroids or volcanoes)? Those swings are upwards of of 3 degrees celcius, none of which show up in your cartoon.

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

I love this thread. It’s like watching Christians and Atheists argue over the existence of God. Everyone is dead set in their belief and no one changes their mind. Keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums