Page 135 of 146 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    - You argued averages and low temps hardly matter.

- I'm not speculating, the effect has been studied and quantified. Snow extent is declining faster than in the past and it's causing more global warming:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...9-and-2008.pdf

- The argument isn't that solar activity has no effect, the argument is the denier claim that all warming can explained by solar activity is false.

- No, I understand the need to have a level playing field when comparing temperatures. When your article says stupid things "new electronic gizmos" conspiracy theorists are trying to imply that instrument calibration is a conspiracy. The point is that if you ignore things like "new electronic gizmos," your answer will be wrong. Do you you really think there are 25 or 60 mercury thermometer stations that have been in continuous operation for a 130-150 years?
    It looks like you went back and added to your post after I already replied. I've noticed you do that a lot. Why?

You argued averages and low temps hardly matter.
    Looks like another misrepresentation.

- No, I understand the need to have a level playing field when comparing temperatures. When your article says stupid things "new electronic gizmos" conspiracy theorists are trying to imply that instrument calibration is a conspiracy. The point is that if you ignore things like "new electronic gizmos," your answer will be wrong. Do you you really think there are 25 or 60 mercury thermometer stations that have been in continuous operation for a 130-150 years?
    The "new elecrtonic gizmos" is clearly a joke. Everyone knows there will be differences in instruments - the article acknowledges such - "The 60 long-term stations then, are more useful because they’re the originals, even though many of them have shifted down the road from post offices to airports and got new electronic gizmos. None of them are ideal, but at least they are in the same locality."

I've posted analysis after analysis of why these adjustments don't add up and you just cop out with the conspiracy theory deflection. The BOM could easily put this to bed if they would just be transparent about their adjustments, instead they put it in a black box.

http://joannenova.com.au/2015/06/if-it-cant-be-replicated-it-isnt-science-bom-admits-temperature-adjustments-are-secret/

"The BOM Technical Advisory Forum report is out. Finally there is the black and white admission that the BOM “adjusted” dataset cannot be replicated independently, has not been replicated by any other group, and even more so, that the BOM will not provide enough information for anyone who wants to try.

As we have said all along, the all new ACORN wonder-data was not created with the scientific method. Adjustments to Australian temperature data were done with a black box mystery technique that only the sacred guild at the BOM are allowed to know. Far from being published and peer reviewed, the methods are secret, and rely on — in their own words — a “supervised process” of “expert judgment” and “operator intervention”. In other words, a BOM employee makes their best guess, ruling in or out the “optimal” choices, making assumptions that are not documented anywhere.

It’s a “trust us” approach. Would we let an ASX company audit their own books? Would you buy shares in such a company, or let it inform national policy on billion dollar schemes?"

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Do you actually find your contributions valid?
    Never play chess with a pigeon.
    But flicking them with pebbles is fun.
    You are special kind of delusional

My bad, dan has made a contribution. What is he batting now? .100?

Looks like dan's batting a thousand.

Anyway, lol @ ron for more whinging about misrepresentation:

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson
    Australia's land temperature has had no warming since the late 1800's
    There is a good reason why alarmists like to ignore maximum temperatures. I'm sure when you ask any alarmist what worries them about global warming, they aren't going to talk about daily low temperatures increasing. Are people are suffering and dying from increased daily low temperatures?
    It's funny how much you care about the higher low temperatures. I'm sure the last thing on anyone's global warming concerns list is going to be higher low temperatures. You could say global warming has caused US temperatures to become less extreme. Less hot days, less cold nights.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but to be a high min record would mean that it was the lowest high temperature ever recorded for a specific date right? That would be an indication of less extreme heat.

FWIW, the troposphere is warming making night-time temperatures more sensitive to warming than daytime temps. In other words, hot daily lows are a signature of greenhouse warming in part due to downward radiation associated with CO2 and other greenhouse gas wavelengths. It's also one of the reasons why temps are increasing faster for fall, winter, spring compared with increasing, albeit at a slower rate, daytime and summer temps.

So it makes sense why deniers have to focus on hot daily highs but even then, even with all their cherry-picked start dates and all the rest, they are losing that argument too with each passing year.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    shut the fuck up you ignorant cunt, please do the world a favor and contract covid-19

Holy crap. Pages and pages of maggots arguing with Ron Jeremy.

She’s a chick in Ukraine.

And she’s not hot.

But you enjoy the fisting

Carry on.
    . . .

How "Ron" sees himself...

How everyone else sees "Ron"

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Looks like dan's batting a thousand.

Anyway, lol @ ron for more whinging about misrepresentation:
    The point I was trying to make in those quotes is that the average person does not think about higher daily low temperatures when they think about global warming, they are concerned about hotter high temperatures.

FWIW, the troposphere is warming making night-time temperatures more sensitive to warming than daytime temps. In other words, hot daily lows are a signature of greenhouse warming in part due to downward radiation associated with CO2 and other greenhouse gas wavelengths. It's also one of the reasons why temps are increasing faster for fall, winter, spring compared with increasing, albeit at a slower rate, daytime and summer temps.

So it makes sense why deniers have to focus on hot daily highs but even then, even with all their cherry-picked start dates and all the rest, they are losing that argument too with each passing year.
    I'd love to hear your theory for why hot daily lows are one of the reasons for why temps are increasing faster for fall, winter, and spring, but not for summer. Is that a signature of greenhouse warming too? You would expect with warmer summer lows there would be more extreme daytime heat since they should have a head start with the warmer early morning temp compared to the past.

If that's the yardstick, what's your batting average given that every post you've made in this thread has been intended to mislead?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    If that's the yardstick, what's your batting average given that every post you've made in this thread has been intended to mislead?
    Must be over .990 since I got almost 650 posts in here and you guys have only been able to desperately cling to a few posts where I've been wrong.

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    How "Ron" sees himself...

How everyone else sees "Ron"

Name:  IMG_0325.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  20.3 KB
    FIFY

Must be over .990 since I got almost 650 posts in here and you guys have only been able to desperately cling to a few posts where I've been wrong.
    Every post of yours has been wrong. Most of us stopped taking you seriously enough to respond months ago.

The Coronavirus is showing us you can only ignore science for so long before reality slaps you in the head. It's real and it's happening whether you try to deny it or not.

Same story with the climate crisis. Change is coming. We can ignore it and let it happen to us or we can take action to soften the blow and have some say in the change. It's up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Every post of yours has been wrong. Most of us stopped taking you seriously enough to respond months ago.
    You think everything I post is wrong because you live in a fantasy doom day world unsupported by science. Exhibit A:

Yet we aren't even doing enough to keep warming that low. We are currently on a path to 13degrees F of warming in North America by 2100. That would be catastrophic.
    Up there for one of the most clueless things posted in here.

You think everything I post is wrong because you live in a fantasy doom day world unsupported by science. Exhibit A:

Up there for one of the most clueless things posted in here.
    No, I know everything you post is wrong because it has been demonstrated to be wrong by the world's top climate scientists.

Your lies do real damage and they are not funny. Go fuck yourself.

Give into the fear
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    If that's the yardstick, what's your batting average...
    If we’re scoring by number of posters RON-E has been able to influence?

Last edited by Self Jupiter; 03-14-2020 at 10:36 AM.

rj hasn't posted in any other thread than this one since 12-15-19 hmmmm

rj's also a lying sack of shit, go figure
    Last edited by k2skier112; 03-14-2020 at 11:57 AM.

No, I know everything you post is wrong because it has been demonstrated to be wrong by the world's top climate scientists.

Your lies do real damage and they are not funny. Go fuck yourself.
    You have never proven any post of mine to be wrong. You accuse me of being a liar over and over, but can never provide evidence when I call you out.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    rj hasn't post in any other thread than this one since 12-15-19 hmmmm
    False.

This expanded vocabulary thing isn't working out too well for you.

You have never proven any post of mine to be wrong. You accuse me of being a liar over and over, but can never provide evidence when I call you out.
    I (and most everyone else here) have provided evidence of your lies many times. I stopped refuting your lies a while ago, though, because I refuse to allow you to create the false impression that there is scientific debate about these issues. There is not. It was settled a long time ago. Refuting the specifics of your lies makes it seem there is real debate about them. There is not.

"Wind plants can provide grid services similar to gas, hydro, easing renewables integration: CAISO"

Utility-scale wind plants have the potential to provide grid services that match those of a gas plant or hydroelectric facility, the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) has found.
    CAISO, along with Avangrid Renewables, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, and General Electric, conducted tests at a wind farm near San Diego last year. The takeaway was that "a wind plant could perform as well — and in some cases even better —​ than a conventional unit," Clyde Loutan, renewable energy advisor and team lead, told Utility Dive.

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/win...enewab/574070/

I (and most everyone else here) have provided evidence of your lies many times. I stopped refuting your lies a while ago, though, because I refuse to allow you to create the false impression that there is scientific debate about these issues. There is not. It was settled a long time ago. Refuting the specifics of your lies makes it seem there is real debate about them. There is not.
    You have done nothing of the sort and your logic is beyond stupid. If everything I say is a lie, then it would be very easy to show why and put quickly end the debate.

Look at rj's profile, he's only posted here since 12-15-19

You have done nothing of the sort and your logic is beyond stupid. If everything I say is a lie, then it would be very easy to show why and put quickly end the debate.
    The debate is over, you are like that last idiot at the show screaming for an encore when the band is already in the van.
    Go home.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident