Page 84 of 146 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    Hello again !

I just looked at all your replies on 9/27 questioning my abilities, virility and everything else under the sun. I do apologize for not replying earlier; but tgr posts are not my biggest concern; but I was curious if I would get anything more than straight insults.

as for neufox47, sorry, but having crossed the 40 mark and much before that; 20 year olds do not interest me much; they just look too young; I cannot figure how I was attracted to them when I was 20.

belittling my Pontiac Solstice is your own issue, it's 10 years old now and I still get compliments on it; I did last night.

on my writing style and education in general and not being able to comprehend science; all those posting here having advanced degrees in physics and posting your work on climate science and not something you read; please step forward.

while not having an advanced degree in physics, I did personally take the volume of the earth's atmosphere and yearly average ocean CO2 emissions vs. the CO2 by man and not by man and then ran the calculations.
    and hey !

I remembered this morning when I was in a local bar last week, a woman tried to pick me up. she wasn't in her 20s, mid-30s but attractive. since I do not try and pick up women in bars and I do not go to bars often, maybe once a month; i'd say I must still have something that sells as most guys never get picked up; it's been tried on me twice in the past year.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Goat seamen precious commodity in Russia.

https://www.vividmaps.com/2019/10/ho...e-in-2050.html

"How hot cities could be in 2050 "

"London could feel as hot as Paris by 2050, with Paris’s climate more like San Francisco. San Francisco feeling like Melbourne and New York City like Bologna (Italy). Moscow will resemble Boston."

>>oh no, we're all going to burn because of my Jeep !

(there's a nice little graphic that you can check your cities projected temp if desired)

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Goat seamen precious commodity in Russia.
    now, you should know I love Russia and it's history, so that doesn't offend me.

Irrefutable Proof of Global Warming:
    Name:  46524137_10218208769508345_972811746106408960_n.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  66.8 KB
    Last edited by WMD; 10-03-2019 at 10:21 AM.

https://www.vividmaps.com/2019/10/ho...e-in-2050.html

"How hot cities could be in 2050 "

"London could feel as hot as Paris by 2050, with Paris’s climate more like San Francisco. San Francisco feeling like Melbourne and New York City like Bologna (Italy). Moscow will resemble Boston."

>>oh no, we're all going to burn because of my Jeep !

(there's a nice little graphic that you can check your cities projected temp if desired)
    You no mention Mother Russia, bad Comrad, no more 7.62 carts 4 u!

now, you should know I love Russia and it's history, so that doesn't offend me.
    I thought this might be you..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's easy, don't be a Lizard!

He told me that the Lizards were a race of people practically extinct
    From doing things smart people don't do
    He said that he was once a Lizard too
    His name was Rutherford the Brave and he was on a quest to save
    His people from the fate that lay before them
    Their clumsy end was perilously near
    The Lizards would be saved, he said, if they could be enlightened
    By the writings of the Helping Friendly Book

Passing through the corridor I came upon an aging knight
    Who leaned against the wall in gnarly armor
    He was on his way to see the king
    Wilson Wilson Wilson
    He led me through the streets of Prussia talking
    As he tried to crush a bug that scurried underneath his boot heel
    He said there was a place where we should go
    So he lead me through the forest to the edge of a lagoon by which
    We wandered 'til we reached a bubbly spring
    The knight grew very quiet as we stood there
    Then he lifted up his visor and he turned to me and he began to sing
    He said I come from the land of darkness
    He said I come from the land of doom
    He said I come from the land of Gamehendge
    From the land of the big baboon
    But I'm never never going back there
    And I couldn't if I tried
    Cause I come from the land of Lizards
    And the Lizards they have died
    He told me that the Lizards were a race of people practically extinct
    From doing things smart people don't do
    He said that he was once a Lizard too
    His name was Rutherford the Brave and he was on a quest to save
    His people from the fate that lay before them
    Their clumsy end was perilously near
    The Lizards would be saved, he said, if they could be enlightened
    By the writings of the Helping Friendly Book
    In all of Prussia only one existed
    And Wilson had declared that any person who possessed it was a crook
    The Helping Friendly Book, it seemed, possessed the ancient secrets
    Of eternal joy and never-ending splendor
    The trick was to surrender to the flow
    We walked along beneath the moon
    He lead us through the bush 'till soon
    We saw before our eyes a raging river
    He said that we could swim it if we tried
    And saying this the knight dove in forgetting that his suit of arms
    Would surely weigh him down and so he sunk
    And as his body disappeared before me
    I bowed my head in silence and remembered all thoughts that he had thunk
    But Rutherford and Forbin weren't alone. Suddenly, an unexpected movement caught his eye
    On the far side of the river, he saw a shaggy creature standing in the weeds who stared across at Forbin with an unrelenting gaze
    A gigantic mass of muscles and claws
    The hideous beast reared back and hurled himself in the water and swam toward the region where Rutherford lay
    And in a flash, the beast was gone, underneath the surface to the frosty depths below while Forbin, bewildered, waited alone
    The seconds dragging by him seemed like hours till finally the colonel felt it all had been a dream. Defeated, he bowed his head and turned to go
    Suddenly with a roar, the creature emerged before him and held the brave knight's body to the sky. And the creature laid the knight upon the shore
    And the colonel fell beside his friend in prayer that he'd survive
    And Rutherford, brave Rutherford was alive
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Skoug's grammatically-incorrect love affair with the semicolon is one of the weirdest things I've ever encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The United States stands out prior to 1950 because early 20th century warming (ETCW) anomalies largely come from summer in North American (Midwestern United States & southern Canada) and Arctic winter anomalies.* Otherwise, there isn't much evidence (according to the IPCC) of increasing heatwaves pre-1950, even though there were still heatwaves elsewhere.
    The paper you cite doesn't support your statement that early 20th century warming anomalies were mostly regional. From the conclusion: "Key events and anomalies include anomalously poor monsoon years around the turn of the century, the rapid Arctic warming into the 1920s, the Dust Bowl drought and heat waves in North America in the 1930s, and, approximately coincident with World War II, drought in Australia, and cold winters and hot summers in Europe in the 1940s (see overview schematic in Figure 10). These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming."

The dust bowl droughts are kind of a fortunate/unfortunate set of circumstances. They were unfortunate for American Midwesterners at the time because a combination of a cool tropical Pacific Ocean and a warm tropical Atlantic Ocean produced a decrease in precipitation in the US Midwest and also warmed the North Atlantic Ocean, warming the Arctic.

It's a fortunate set of circumstances for deniers because even though globally temperatures were cooler than average for the 20th century at the time, and even though the U.S. is only about 2% of the planet, they can cherry pick pre-1950 America and make all kinds of specious arguments. What's weird though is why beat the drum so loudly if past changing Atlantic circulation patterns foreshadow what the future might look like.
    I guess some deniers might latch on to pre-1950 America, but in this instance, we have been talking about the US specifically, and the cherry picking of the NCA on heat waves.

I don't know why you assume that the conditions theorized to have caused the 1930's heat waves are likely to reoccur from current global warming.

And even though a lot of all time absolute highs were set during the ETCW, according to NOAAs NCEI data thousands of all time local max daily records for any given date are falling in recent decades. Yesterday, for example, in Baltimore temperatures hit 98 degrees setting a new record for the hottest day ever recorded in October. Washington also exceeded its hottest October temperature ever by hitting 98 degrees surpassing the old record of 96 degrees set on Oct. 5, 1941.

The bottom line is a rightward shift of average temperatures means heat records in areas across the globe, including pre-1950 U.S. records, will continue to fall like dominoes.

* Brönnimann, Stefan (2009) Early twentieth-century warming
    I went looking for NOAA's NCEI to see where you are getting these record numbers from and found this page: https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/records

What is interesting is that there were 12,083 US daily high max temperature records set this YTD, but there were 20,769 daily high min records. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to be a high min record would mean that it was the lowest high temperature ever recorded for a specific date right? That would be an indication of less extreme heat. Also, there were 9,673 low min records set YTD even despite this being the warmest decade on the instrumental record.

Further, for all time US records, there were 44 high max temperatures set YTD compared to 59 low min temperatures set YTD.

It looks like this is just some more cherry picked alarmist propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    What is interesting is that there were 12,083 US daily high max temperature records set this YTD, but there were 20,769 daily high min records. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to be a high min record would mean that it was the lowest high temperature ever recorded for a specific date right? That would be an indication of less extreme heat. Also, there were 9,673 low min records set YTD even despite this being the warmest decade on the instrumental record.
    Wrong, as usual. MIn is the low temp for the day.. Record high mins are when the low temp is higher than any other low on record for that day.. Exact same shit MV's been telling you for 10 pages or so..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	energizer_bunny_still_going.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	558.4 KB 
ID:	296329
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The paper you cite doesn't support your statement that early 20th century warming anomalies were mostly regional. From the conclusion: "Key events and anomalies include anomalously poor monsoon years around the turn of the century, the rapid Arctic warming into the 1920s, the Dust Bowl drought and heat waves in North America in the 1930s, and, approximately coincident with World War II, drought in Australia, and cold winters and hot summers in Europe in the 1940s (see overview schematic in Figure 10). These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming."
    Wow, this is disingenuous even for Ron. The entire sentence Ron quoted, not just his cherry picked segment:

These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming, which can be attributed to a combination of external forcing (particularly, greenhouse gas increases, combined with a hiatus in volcanic events) and internal decadal variability.

Note what Ron leaves out: external forcing due to greenhouse gas increases and internal variability.

A chart illustrating the previous statement that ETCW warming largely results from summer anomalies in North American (Midwestern United States & southern Canada) and Arctic winter anomalies:

Name:  Dust Bowl.png
Views: 234
Size:  50.4 KB

The chart is a temperature time series since 1900 of surface air temperature over land with the two most important regional climate events during the ETCW highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Wrong, as usual. MIn is the low temp for the day.. Record high mins are when the low temp is higher than any other low on record for that day.. Exact same shit MV's been telling you for 10 pages or so..
    Damn RJ, I know you have no shame, but you gotta admit, that's kind of embarrassing.

Wow, you were able to correct me for once! What do you think the ratio is between us? 15:1?

Either way, my point still stands that the NOAA NCEI high temperature records proclamations is warmist propaganda.

Wow, you were able to correct me for once! What do you think the ratio is between us? 15:1?

Either way, my point still stands that the NOAA NCEI high temperature records proclamations are warmist propaganda.
    Either way, I'm in agreement with, and bowing to the scientific consensus, settled science while you try to argue that that gravity/evolution/climate change/etc is fake news or whatever..

Wow, this is disingenuous even for Ron. The entire sentence Ron quoted, not just his cherry picked segment:
    These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming, which can be attributed to a combination of external forcing (particularly, greenhouse gas increases, combined with a hiatus in volcanic events) and internal decadal variability.

Note what Ron leaves out: external forcing due to greenhouse gas increases and internal variability.
    Did you think I wouldn't expect you to read the conclusion from your paper? I left it out because it has no relevance to what we are talking about. We were talking about whether the pre 1950 warmth was regional or not. Not what caused the warmth.

Since you seem to want to talk about forcing now, look at what you left out with your cherry picking: "These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming, which can be attributed to a combination of external forcing (particularly, greenhouse gas increases, combined with a hiatus in volcanic events) and internal decadal variability. The exact contribution of each factor to large‐scale warming remains uncertain, largely due to uncertainty in the role of aerosols in the cooling or stabilization of climate following the middle of the 20th century."

A chart illustrating the previous statement that ETCW warming largely results from summer anomalies in North American (Midwestern United States & southern Canada) and Arctic winter anomalies:
    Name:  Dust Bowl.png
Views: 234
Size:  50.4 KB

The chart is a temperature time series since 1900 of surface air temperature over land with the two most important regional climate events during the ETCW highlighted.
    I'm not really following what your chart is supposed to prove. What do the different colored lines represent?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Damn RJ, I know you have no shame, but you gotta admit, that's kind of embarrassing.
    Not really. I qualified that sentence with, "correct me if I'm wrong..." because I was not familiar with high min record temperatures and knew I might not be interpreting it correctly. It seems like you and SumJong have been waiting patiently to Nelson me.
    Name:  nels.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  35.4 KB

Either way, I'm in agreement with, and bowing to the scientific consensus, settled science while you try to argue that that gravity/evolution/climate change/etc is fake news or whatever..
    Based on your contributions to this thread, it's probably best for you to trust in whatever authority tells you to believe. Some people are just sheep.

Based on your contributions to this thread, it's probably best for you to trust in whatever authority tells you to believe. Some people are just sheep.
    Some people are so desperate not to be perceived as sheep that they'll clutch at anything: flat earth, 9/11 truth, Sandy Hook hoax, global warming denial, etc., that will let them con themselves into believing they're smarter than everyone else.

These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming.

Did you think I wouldn't expect you to read the conclusion from your paper? I left it out because it has no relevance to what we are talking about. We were talking about whether the pre 1950 warmth was regional or not. Not what caused the warmth.
    Who knows whether Ron expected to be called on his dishonesty or whether it’s Homerism but by snipping the sentence and leaving out the fact that pre-1950 warming is attributed to internal variability completely changes its meaning:

“These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming, which can be attributed to a combination of external forcing (particularly, greenhouse gas increases, combined with a hiatus in volcanic events) and internal decadal variability.”

What we do know is summer anomalies in the Midwestern United States & southern Canada and Arctic winter anomalies are the two largest factors in Early Twentieth Century Warming (ETCW). Those two regional events are what led to global annual mean surface air temperature increases. Otherwise, if you average the remaining land areas there's very little or no pronounced ETCW.

The reason why it matters is at the time global temperatures were cooler than average for the 20th century, and even though the U.S. is only about 2% of the planet, denialist (like BGnight, Ripzalot) cherry pick warm pre-1950 America to make all kinds of specious arguments about the state of the entire planet at the time.

Will there be more topless beaches due to the warmings?

Yes. But the tittays will be on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Who knows whether Ron expected to be called on his dishonesty or whether it’s Homerism but by snipping the sentence and leaving out the fact that pre-1950 warming is attributed to internal variability completely changes its meaning:

“These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming, which can be attributed to a combination of external forcing (particularly, greenhouse gas increases, combined with a hiatus in volcanic events) and internal decadal variability.”

What we do know is summer anomalies in the Midwestern United States & southern Canada and Arctic winter anomalies are the two largest factors in Early Twentieth Century Warming (ETCW). Those two regional events are what led to global annual mean surface air temperature increases. Otherwise, if you average the remaining land areas there's very little or no pronounced ETCW.

The reason why it matters is at the time global temperatures were cooler than average for the 20th century, and even though the U.S. is only about 2% of the planet, denialist (like BGnight, Ripzalot) cherry pick warm pre-1950 America to make all kinds of specious arguments about the state of the entire planet at the time.
    Snipping the sentence does not change its meaning. Here is the full conclusion with the sentence in question bolded:

"Longer records including recently digitized old records, together with reanalyses and large ensembles covering the entire 20th century provide new and important insight into the climatic anomalies during the early 20th century. These are not only interesting historically, but provide important evidence for events and anomalies that can occur and challenge climate models to explain or at least, sample them. Key events and anomalies include anomalously poor monsoon years around the turn of the century, the rapid Arctic warming into the 1920s, the Dust Bowl drought and heat waves in North America in the 1930s, and, approximately coincident with World War II, drought in Australia, and cold winters and hot summers in Europe in the 1940s (see overview schematic in Figure 10). These anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global‐scale warming, which can be attributed to a combination of external forcing (particularly, greenhouse gas increases, combined with a hiatus in volcanic events) and internal decadal variability. The exact contribution of each factor to large‐scale warming remains uncertain, largely due to uncertainty in the role of aerosols in the cooling or stabilization of climate following the middle of the 20th century."

I had to read this about 10 times to try to figure out how snipping the last part of the sentence changes its meaning, and I still have no clue what you are talking about.

They are talking about the period of the early 1900's to 1940's and various anomalous events during that time period. They then say that "these anomalous events occurred during a period of strong global-scale warming." They are referring to the entire period of the 1900's to 1940's for this strong global-scale warming. They then say that this period (early 1900's to 1940's) warmed due to a combination of external forcing and internal decadal variability.

So we have anamalous events occuring accross the globe during the early 1900's to 1940's, and they say that this was a period of strong global-scale warming. That is exactly what I have said. The causing of the warming is irrelevant to what we were talking about. What am I missing here?

^^^^Still have no clue=clueless. Doesn't know basic things like max, min, mean and how averages and means are calculated. Seems clueless that warmer than average/mean temps today will result in warmer means being calculated in the future. on and on..