Page 66 of 146 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    130th and Aurora... was.right on the way to PayNPak. Oops wrong thread.
    yes it was!

BTW - I mention leaded gas because unleaded wasn't used commercially until after 1974 and the time I was talking about was prior to that (leaded gas didn't work with catalytic converters).

Compared to 1970 vehicle models, new cars, SUVs and pickup trucks are roughly 99 percent cleaner for common pollutants (hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides and particle emissions). New heavy-duty trucks and buses are roughly 99 percent cleaner than 1970 models.

This diagram shows a 99% improvement in the cleanliness of exhaust in vehicles from 1970 to 2013.

Lead Removed from Gasoline
    Motor vehicles were once the major contributor of lead emissions. EPA began to phase out lead in gasoline starting in the 1970’s and leaded gasoline was fully prohibited after 1995. As a result, levels of lead in the air decreased by 94 percent between 1980 and 1999.

From: History of Reducing Air Pollution from Transportation in the United States
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Bet it smelled like freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Victory! It smelled like VICTORY!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

And yet emissions compliance isn't in place in 100% of the USA. Because freedumb......

As I said-> lead pollutes a lot more.

But lead or even high pollution does not equal visible exhaust. In fact leas is not visible in its gas form.

If lead = smoke all the race cars running leaded gas would have visible smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    130th and Aurora... was.right on the way to PayNPak. Oops wrong thread.
    You know what else it was on the way to? Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I thought ra13 response was especially shitty, given the fact he has kids.

First and easiest thing to do is implement fuel mileage standards that have been put off for over 25 (35?) years
    I think you missed my point. I didn't want to talk about my life style or sound holier than thou but I may have one of the most enviro friendly lifestyles on this board. I care, like a lot but it has made me a cynical person too.

I don't care what anyone thinks anyways. I tend to piss people off with my brutal honesty and I don't see humans fixing this mess before it's too late. Is that dark and depressing? You betchya but it's what I'm seeing for sure. In the meantime I'll keep living a simple life knowing I have done much more than 99% of the "protesters" holding cardboard signs along busy roadways.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    You know what else it was on the way to? Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour!

VOLCANO.

Many a bday party at that location.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Last Farrells just shut down earlier this year. We had one here till 5-10 years ago,

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/06/1...has-shut-down/

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Stop breeding for a few generations. It’s that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Stop breeding for a few generations. It’s that simple.
    You tell her that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    You tell her that.

She’s on board. We’re not breeders.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...climate-crisis

To those who say we're fucked so why try - Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Scientists say we must try to keep temperature increase to 1.5 or 2 degrees max to avoid worst effects of climate change, but every tenth of a degree matters. 2 degrees is better than 3, 3 is better than 4, etc. A bomb doesn't go off after 2 degrees C of increase. Climate change is more like a dial that keeps getting turned up. Stop turning it up.

Thanks for living a low carbon lifestyle. People protesting are doing more good than those not protesting.

Climate change is a big bold overwhelming problem that requires big bold overwhelming solutions. We can’t solve this problem just by asking people to make better choices, we solve it by giving them better options.

We can’t solve it just by some of us choosing to put solar panels on our houses, or to drive our cars less, or to eat less meat, although those are all good things to do.

We solve it by making sure everyone has clean renewable electricity, electric vehicles, and healthy low-carbon food, even if they don’t care about climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    She’s on board. We’re not breeders.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...climate-crisis
    But the teenager said we were experiencing mass extinction?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Using a rich, white child as a propaganda tool to frighten our children into thinking there is a looming climate catastrophe coming is akin to child abuse.

The left is actually doing more harm to environmentalism as a whole than good. By using the word "climate" in front of every environmental issue they are alienating a large portion of the populace. Focusing on environmental issues separately without politicized, biased speculation of rising oceans and other CO2 horrors is what we need. Stop using "climate/CO2" and banning fucking plastic straws as your main tool to save the world. You're doing it wrong.

And no one gives a shit that glaciers are melting. It's fucking ice. Good luck starting a movement based on a melting ice when people are living paycheck to paycheck. And no, winter is not going away. Two of the last three seasons in Tahoe had record breaking snowfall idiots.
    You sir are a fucking moron,

yes it was!

BTW - I mention leaded gas because unleaded wasn't used commercially until after 1974 and the time I was talking about was prior to that (leaded gas didn't work with catalytic converters).

Compared to 1970 vehicle models, new cars, SUVs and pickup trucks are roughly 99 percent cleaner for common pollutants (hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides and particle emissions). New heavy-duty trucks and buses are roughly 99 percent cleaner than 1970 models.

This diagram shows a 99% improvement in the cleanliness of exhaust in vehicles from 1970 to 2013.

Lead Removed from Gasoline
    Motor vehicles were once the major contributor of lead emissions. EPA began to phase out lead in gasoline starting in the 1970’s and leaded gasoline was fully prohibited after 1995. As a result, levels of lead in the air decreased by 94 percent between 1980 and 1999.

From: History of Reducing Air Pollution from Transportation in the United States

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Victory! It smelled like VICTORY!
    And the car farts from early catalytic converters smelled like oppression!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

^it's sad to see a child used this way, particularly on that is predisposed to being manipulated.

Funny, just yesterday I was thinking about how bad car exhaust was in the late 60s/70s. I remember sitting in the car with my mom at the intersection of 130th & Aurora waiting for the light to change and looking at the massive amount of exhaust coming out of all the idling cars burning leaded gas. It used to billow out in thick clouds and just hang in the air.
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. In addition to the leaded gas, when the old engines loosened up and the piston rings wore, they would begin to burn oil, belching blue oil smoke especially when cold. And you could pass inspection. My factory neighborhood was absolutely filthy and everywhere you went there was roadside trash, people just threw there trash out the car window without a second thought. The local ponds and bay beaches were unswimmable because of pollution. The boomers should get more credit for cleaning all this up. Can we do better? Ya and we continue on that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    But the teenager said we were experiencing mass extinction?
    She didn't say human extinction. We are watching many other creatures go extinct and that will continue rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    ^it's sad to see Gullible deplorables being used this way, particularly ones that are predisposed to being manipulated.
    Ftfy
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

her crying speech was particularly disturbing and cringeworthy. the only people who stole her childhood were her parents. but she got one thing right, she should be back in norway in school. her parents are POS.

Is anything she is saying wrong?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    her crying speech was particularly disturbing and cringeworthy. the only people who stole her childhood were her parents. but she got one thing right, she should be back in norway in school. her parents are POS.
    Any bets on her future thanks to her POS parents. I'd lay good odds she gets in to a better college and finishes with better grades than you did, going on to be very successful compared to you. Perhaps your parents were POS?

Regardless. everything she said was 100% spot on..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A30F50C4-EECB-4C48-90B8-6075C28082CD.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	572.1 KB 
ID:	295092

Activists propagandize a child with a variety of mental disabilities (well documented, her mom wrote a book on it) to promote their climate doomsday agenda but god forbid you criticize them for it. Criticism of their actions is tantamount to an attack on her. She is a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ftfy
    Hypocrisy and vitriol is your stock and trade. How much gas did you burn this year selling your trinkets? How big is the house you live in? Do as I say, not as I do.