Page 91 of 146 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3644
    It's no surprise SkiCougar's article can't even get basic facts right.

Just one of many lies, her article says "Between 2000 and 2018, global temperature showed no significant increase" but we know, according to NASA and NOAA, 2018 was the fourth warmest year in a continued warming trend.

We also know natural climate cycles—a series of La Niña events and a negative phase of the lesser-known Pacific Decadal Oscillation—caused shifts in ocean circulation patterns that moved some excess heat into the deep ocean in the 2000s but that trend has unequivocally ended. Temperature is once again rising at about the same pace as it did over the second half of the 20th century.

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...ng-past-decade

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You just explained the GOP's and Fox's political plan to a T...and they're the ones with their heads in the sand like you, go figure.
    Another fascinating quote here. Amazing really. Did you know that just this week, like two days ago hundreds of global warming extremists literally buried their heads in the sand. Ha ha you can’t make this up. What kind of sane rational thinking person would do this? None. Who would? Someone who has been manipulated. Someone who has emotionally programmed and is functioning from fear. It is a form of mass hypnosis or mass psychosis. So who is the one with their head in the sand? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1444.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	609.9 KB 
ID:	297662Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1445.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	825.5 KB 
ID:	297663The person who questions the narrative or the person who literally has their head in the sand.

Where's the mad panster when you need him??

or her??

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    So who is the one with their head in the sand? The person who questions the PROVEN SCIENCE or the person who literally has their head in the sand.
    Fixed it for you
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It's no surprise SkiCougar's article can't even get basic facts right.

Just one of many lies, her article says "Between 2000 and 2018, global temperature showed no significant increase" but we know, according to NASA and NOAA, 2018 was the fourth warmest year in a continued warming trend.

We also know natural climate cycles—a series of La Niña events and a negative phase of the lesser-known Pacific Decadal Oscillation—caused shifts in ocean circulation patterns that moved some excess heat into the deep ocean in the 2000s but that trend has unequivocally ended. Temperature is once again rising at about the same pace as it did over the second half of the 20th century.

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...ng-past-decade

as mentioned previously, I will not be dragged into this thread as i've been thru this all before and I know where it leads but in response:

"ndeed, as has happened in virtually every instance where the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) made a “warmest on record” claim — whether it be over a time span of a year or a month — the agencies' own data contradict the claim. In fact, the global temperature data gathered by NASA's own satellites, the Remote Sensing Systems (RSS) data set, along with the satellite data from the University of Alabama at Huntsville (UAH), make a complete mockery of the latest fear-mongering, just as they did for claims made about last August and the year 2014."

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/...d-by-nasa-data

>>oh, btw; i'm going to Houston's "climathon", a global warming what to do apparently cities the nation over are doing; should be quite entertaining. I estimate i'll be asked to leave before noon between my questions on the feasibility of solar and non use of nuclear alone.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

yep, we should definitely not question what is settled:, from 1978

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-17083636_shadow.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	297704
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Like, if you're in a boat, and there's no land in sight, you might as well give up, right? Because there's obviously no land anywhere.

Or wait, do things that are not in sight sometimes come into sight later? Nah that's just crazy talk.

Cougin' it has acquired a whole new meaning.

This came out thirty two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    as mentioned previously, I will not be dragged into this thread as i've been thru this all before and I know where it leads but in response:

"ndeed, as has happened in virtually every instance where the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) made a “warmest on record” claim — whether it be over a time span of a year or a month — the agencies' own data contradict the claim. In fact, the global temperature data gathered by NASA's own satellites, the Remote Sensing Systems (RSS) data set, along with the satellite data from the University of Alabama at Huntsville (UAH), make a complete mockery of the latest fear-mongering, just as they did for claims made about last August and the year 2014."

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/...d-by-nasa-data

It makes sense for you to duck out after posting more falsehoods because satellite data, ground-based data, ocean-based buoys, and more all show a steady long-term warming trend.

Maybe you think telling an even bigger lie by arguing there's no warming at all somehow works in your favor. But, if your best argument relies on linking to fraudulent sources with easily disproven claims then, if that's the best you can do, in reality your denialist conspiracy is as weak as the tobacco industry's attempt to deny the health risks from smoking.

Anyone who wants to can browse the RSS V4.0 TMT dataset which, in contradiction with SkiCougar's fake argument, clearly shows a warming trend:

http://images.remss.com/msu/msu_time_series.html

http://www.remss.com/measurements/up...r-temperature/

SkiCougar's sources attempted to create a controversy over satellite calibration but in reality, according to multiple methods including his source's own, the planet is warming and in recent years the rate of warming is increasing.

To be fair, anyone who lives in Houston already has had their brains scrambled from the heat.
    Go Ted Cruz!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Pharaonic Egypt was thousands of years ago. So you just proved that flooding is nothing new. What human causes were creating those floods back then? None. So why would you say humans are creating floods now.

I am in no way making light of the tragic loss of life or property that environmental events cause, just pointing out the have been around forever.
    Another fascinating quote here. Amazing really. Did you know that just this week, like two days ago hundreds of global warming extremists literally buried their heads in the sand. Ha ha you can’t make this up. What kind of sane rational thinking person would do this? None. Who would? Someone who has been manipulated. Someone who has emotionally programmed and is functioning from fear. It is a form of mass hypnosis or mass psychosis. So who is the one with their head in the sand? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1444.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	609.9 KB 
ID:	297662Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1445.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	825.5 KB 
ID:	297663The person who questions the narrative or the person who literally has their head in the sand.
    You appear to have a problem with literal thinking and an inability to understand sarcasm, irony, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    "Fire, Floods and Power Outages: Our Climate Future Has Arrived
    "The most urgent imperative now is to turn our fear and frustration into votes."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/o....co/8b4nsFofdT
    I saw that article. Classic fear mongering.

"In Northern California, power was cut to more than a million people this week. Near Houston, houses that flooded only two years ago just succumbed again. The South endured record-shattering fall heat waves. In Miami, salt water bubbled through street drains yet again as the rising ocean mounted a fresh assault."

How about, California is reckoning with the awful management of their incompetent and corrupt public electric utilities, who couldn't maintain a fleet of brand new cars if they had to. Add to that massive development over the past century in a place that averages, averages!, 15 inches a year in L.A.. Its a fucking desert. So, yeah, build a city in a place like that with all sorts of way to light the dry tinder, and, really, you're blaming "climate change"? The climate hasn't changed there much at all. IT'S THE FUCKING DESERT. What's changed is millions of people moving in over a hundred years, because it NEVER RAINS and the surf is awesome. For fucks sake. And, Houston. Jezuz. Again, just, maybe 80 years ago, that place was a flat, hot, humid nothing. But, when it did rain, and it's always rained there in spurts, BECAUSE IT'S PRACTICALLY THE TROPICS, the land soaked up the water, and, if it did flood, nobody really gave a fuck because nobody lived there except a few ranchers and shit. Now, fast foward to now, and the place is paved over suburbia/strip mall/corporate park hell for miles and miles, and the water has no place to go, and now there's millions moaning and whining about it all, instead of accepting the fact that they fucked up and bought into a disaster. So, they don't blame themselves, they blame "climate change". Now, Miami I may give you a bit, but, still, what a stupid fucking place to build a city. Big fucking towers right on the edge of land as it meets the sea, a body of water that produces violent hurricanes almost every fucking year. No protection, no natural harbor like NY, Boston, or Baltimore. I can hear it now, when the inevitable class 5 makes a direct hit on Miami, oh, boo hoo, climate change, climate change! Not, we were idiots for doing that! You know, like Galvensten in 1900. Dumb. And they hadn't even begun to burn petroleum back then.

Don't get me going about that zillions of dollars we, the taxpayer, spent rebuilding the Jersey coast after Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You appear to have a problem with literal thinking and an inability to understand sarcasm, irony, etc.
    The IRONY here is I was accused of having my head in the sand by someone supporting people who LITERALLY have their heads in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How about, California is reckoning with the awful management of their incompetent and corrupt public electric utilities, who couldn't maintain a fleet of brand new cars if they had to. Add to that massive development over the past century in a place that averages, averages!, 15 inches a year in L.A.. Its a fucking desert. So, yeah, build a city in a place like that with all sorts of way to light the dry tinder, and, really, you're blaming "climate change"? The climate hasn't changed there much at all. IT'S THE FUCKING DESERT.
    According to the San Jose Mercury News, “The numbers are stark. California has warmed roughly 3 degrees Fahrenheit since 1980 during the autumn months of September, October, and November. Rainfall in those months has fallen by about one-third over the same time. And the result has been a state increasingly on fire.”

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11/...like-paradise/

According to the San Jose Mercury News, “The numbers are stark. California has warmed roughly 3 degrees Fahrenheit since 1980 during the autumn months of September, October, and November. Rainfall in those months has fallen by about one-third over the same time. And the result has been a state increasingly on fire.”

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11/...like-paradise/

Data shows a warmer, drier California has produced more destructive wildfires:

https://blogs.mathworks.com/headline...ive-wildfires/
    Which is another problem with all this that bugs me. 1980? That's almost forty years ago. What's forty years in the macro timeline of weather history. Like, a nano second? But, ok, ok, maybe California is warmer for the same reason that heavily populated places are warmer, because of the large amounts of buildings and pavement, that are, overall, hotter than a natural environment. So, what's the plan there? Tear it all down?

Anyway, you support my argument. Massive suburban and exurban sprawl in inappropriate places isn't the problem, it's a few degrees here and there measured on much more accurate and modern instruments, right?. I mean, what was the temperature in San Jose in the autumn months of 1832? Oh right, nobody was there to measure on the crude instruments of the time.

Buildings? Ok, sure urban areas are warmer. The land outside urban areas is also warmer and warming, the oceans are also warmer and warming, and the troposphere is also warmer and warming.

Buildings? Ok, sure urban areas are warmer. The land outside urban areas is also warmer and warming, the oceans are also warmer and warming, and the troposphere is also warmer and warming.
    Warmer than when?

When did we start measuring ocean temps all over the world?

According to the latest research average global temperatures are higher than ever before in at least 2,000 years. A warming period is now affecting the whole planet at the same time for the first time. And the speed of global warming has never been as high as it is today.

How do you know what temperatures were 2000 years ago? I mean, precisely, not this tree ring shit. 2000 years. Look at a map from the time. It was a flat, strange cosmos to anybody who imagined it. There was no science. Science as we know it is only a few hundred years old. Christ wasn't even invented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How do you know what temperatures were 2000 years ago? I mean, precisely, not this tree ring shit. 2000 years. Look at a map from the time. It was a flat, strange cosmos to anybody who imagined it. There was no science. Science as we know it is only a few hundred years old. Christ wasn't even invented yet.
    Because it's the best info currently available. If you want to treat proxy temperature precision with skepticism, that's fine, but it should be obvious how proxy data can tell us a warming period is now affecting the whole planet at the same time for the first time, because past proxy data would be globally synchronous but it's not, or how the speed of global warming has never been as high as it is today, because a past fast rate of change would show up in the proxy data, but it doesn't.

There's also modern temperature records to fall back on over the industrial era. And there's also many numerous other scientifically verifiable facts with significant real-world implications associated with human caused warming. Things like if global warming were caused by solar activity days would warm faster than nights, but in reality the opposite is true. Or, how colder seasons are warming faster, at twice the rate, as warmer seasons.

There are lots of environmental crises and the climate is changing, but there is no man made climate crisis.

There is however, a climate alarmist cult crisis. ("the science is settled!")

These kooks must be trolled!!

The IRONY here is I was accused of having my head in the sand by someone supporting people who LITERALLY have their heads in the sand.
    To be fair I don't not think your head is in the sand. It is far up your ass.

An Iowa high school teacher who lamented in a Facebook post that he did not have his "sniper rifle" for a visit by Swedish teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg has resigned, according to the Des Moines Register.
    You sure you don't reside in Iowa Ripz?
    Last edited by Missus Tarantino; 10-14-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    There are lots of environmental crises and the climate is changing, but there is no man made climate crisis.

There is however, a climate alarmist cult crisis. ("the science is settled!")

These kooks must be trolled!!
    It's sett;ed then. We can all go back to whatever it was we were doing before this climate thing came up;.

This shit is so simple.

1. Global Climate is clearly warming.

2. Global climate has warmed before but data shows this warming period has characteristics not seen in previous warmings

3. This time there are multiple human inputs into the system that weren't there before.

4. Continued warming would be disastrous.

5. The prudent course is to minimize human inputs and see what happens while we also

6. Prepare for the worst.

I mean that's it that's all.