Page 86 of 146 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    >>I was not sure where to put this as its is an ostasio-cortez townhall and one of her supporters speaking I thought maybe polyass but since it on changes that can be made to combat climate change, I put it here:

link to the video:
    https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...289664/video/1

the supporter in AOCs townhall say claims we only have a few months left: "We got to start eating babies! We don't have enough time! ... We have to get rid of the babies! ... We need to eat the babies!"

apparently more people/babies are more trouble as people exhale CO2

>>now, since I am a knuckle dragging denier I will not be doing this but apperently if you all are concerned you could eat your kids or each other. just trying to pass on current efforts of alarmists and ways you can help.

A protester who called for Americans to 'eat the babies' to fight climate change at AOC's town hall was revealed as a member of a pro-Trump fringe group

BWAHAHAHA!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

We could avoid eating babies if we just castrate deniers.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    We could avoid eating babies if we just castrate deniers.
    And satiate the cannibals with prairie oysters at the same time!

Babies = veal. mmmmm! Free range babies are healthier, but do they taste better?

I think castrating deniers makes more sense though.

It would be both preventative and punitive.
    Win-win!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm hard pressed to find a post from you that isn't an example..
    Should be very easy to find some examples....

Just scroll up. Pretty much everything you post is complete bullshit, some intentional, most just plain wrong. Here's some similar feedback that sums up your entire ron johnson persona here. Don't you have an antivax thread to check on??

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    - Ron splitting hairs. No spin, just a brief account of the summary: the IPCC assessment of increasing heatwaves, apart from the U.S., heatwaves are likely increasing but they can't say so with high confidence because data is sparse or unreliable in some regions.

Or, there is a likely increasing trend in the frequency of heatwaves since the middle of the 20th century in Europe and Australia and across much of Asia, is fine too.

As far as prior to mid 20th century goes, in the 1930's it was warm in the United States, the Arctic, and parts of the Northern Hemisphere but globally temperatures were cooler than average for the 20th century.

-- Ron, no surprise, doesn't understand basic statistical concepts when he says something dumb like "not if low temperatures keep increasing, but maximum temperatures don't." Anybody with even a rudimentary understanding of statistics knows a shifting mean, associated with something like warming global temperatures, leads to large changes at the extremes, increases the odds of extreme heat events.

--- This is not just some academic statistical concept, either. Heat records in areas across the globe, including the United States, are falling like dominoes.

Just scroll up. Pretty much everything you post is complete bullshit, some intentional, most just plain wrong. Here's some similar feedback that sums up your entire ron johnson persona here. Don't you have an antivax thread to check on??
    MV's summary of the IPCC assessment wasn't accurate, which I showed.

His simplification of climate with basic statistical concepts was wrong too, which I demonstrated. If climate was so simple that rising mean temperatures guarantee that there will be more extreme heat events, then why don't we see this in the US?

Try again.

Hey Ron, good job fucking Trump with your testimony today!
    In the meantime, read this

https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post

His simplification of climate with basic statistical concepts was wrong too, which I demonstrated. If climate was so simple that rising mean temperatures guarantee that there will be more extreme heat events, then why don't we see this in the US?

Try again.
    Aren't you full of goat cum yet?

Try again.
    It was a hundred fucking degrees here this week... Record highs (SMASHED) pretty much all week. That's pretty extreme for October. You haven't shown jack shit beyond your lack of ability to grasp even the most basic concepts and understand the simplest data representations.

I'm sorry, but every energy plan I see trying to tackle this is calling for 100% non carbon renewables in 30 years. It tells me no one is actually serious about this. If global warming was really this existential threat its made out to be, then these 'environmentalists' should be nuclear supporters. It does seem possible that we could get pretty low emission energy system running on a mix of hydro, solar, wind, nuclear, and natural gas. But that wouldn't be satisfactory to these nutjobs, instead they want to live in some fairy tale with no grasp of reality. I've posted this multiple times asking what it gets wrong and I can't get a response from any of you: https://www.manhattan-institute.org/green-energy-revolution-near-impossible

Dropping co2 emissions 40-60% with minimal increased energy costs is not going to be 'relatively easy'. I bring up Germany all the time because they have invested heavily in wind and solar, have the highest energy prices in Europe, and they haven't been able to reduce co2 emissions for 10 years. Even if the US was able to drop co2 emissions 40-60%, its not going to do much of anything to reduce warming. I've brought this up before as well and asked what is wrong with it, and I get no response from you guys: https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmichaels/2013/07/25/reduce-u-s-carbon-emissions-to-zero-and-the-temperature-decrease-by-2100-will-be-undetectable/#acebe0c39097

"That's right--a carbon tax that completely eliminated our emissions would not be scientifically detectable in global temperatures in the the year 2100."

Dropping 40-60% of co2 emissions with wind and solar is not going to inherently lead to more technology that will make zero emissions a reality. From the conclusion of my first link: "If policymakers want a revolution in energy tech, the single most important action would be to radically refocus and expand support for basic scientific research."

I don't view co2 as a pollutant, it is essential for life. I make a point of bringing up the environmental costs of solar, wind, and batteries because few people recognize how 'ungreen' these technologies are. Even if we get a 40-60% reduction in co2 emissions like you want, it won't do anything to stop sea level rise, so you are going to have to pay for it regardless.
    Your first point does nothing to support your claim that “we can’t do anything”. You then create a straw man by saying everyone is against nuclear. I’m not against nuclear and I bet most people arguing here aren’t against nuclear.

Your second point assumes that the US is the only country that reduces its co2 and no one else does. Other countries are willing to do the same. And your article is from Forbes and is an unfounded and poorly written opinion piece that lacks scientific basis. Further, developing new wind, solar, and storage technology definitely would drive down the cost. That’s how shit works, how it has always worked.

Lastly, that’s cute. It isn’t a pollutant. I encourage you to go breath 100% nitrogen, that isn’t a pollutant either. The idea that because something is necessary for life that you can’t get too much of it is the most preposterous, stupid thing you’ve said in a long line of stupid. The fact you won’t attribute any costs to co2 even though the most conservative estimates say rising sea levels alone will cost the world trillions.

Sen. Ron Johnson accidentally torpedoes Trump's "no quid pro quo" claims while trying to help him.

Ron Johnsons of the world untie!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Aren't you full of goat cum yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Sen. Ron Johnson accidentally torpedoes Trump's "no quid pro quo" claims while trying to help him.

Ron Johnsons of the world untie!
    mouth wide open, insert goat cocks

Repeating the same totally debunked talking points over and over won't change the fact that they're still total bullshit..

It was a hundred fucking degrees here this week... Record highs (SMASHED) pretty much all week. That's pretty extreme for October. You haven't shown jack shit beyond your lack of ability to grasp even the most basic concepts and understand the simplest data representations.
    Cherry pick much? How come there have only been 2 state record high temperatures set in the 21st century? How about the 12,764 daily record lows set in the past 365 days?

You make these claims about me unable to grasp basic concepts and data, but can't give any examples when I ask.

Sigh...............

https://www.climatesignals.org/data/...cord-low-temps

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/natio...et-Language=ar

21st century
    Shifting Distribution of Summer Temperature Anomalies2.png
    2001–2009

In early August 2001 an intense heatwave hit the eastern seaboard of the United States and neighboring southeastern Canada. For over a week, temperatures climbed above 35 °C (95 °F) combined with stifling high humidity. Newark, New Jersey tied its all-time record high temperature of 41 °C (106 °F) with a heat index of over 50 °C (122 °F).[12]
    In April 2002 a summer-like heat wave in spring affected much of the Eastern United States.
    During April 2003 there was a summer-like heatwave that affected the United Kingdom however mainly England and Wales where temperature records were broken. The all-time record still stands however temperatures reached around 27 °C (80 °F).
    The European heat wave of 2003 affected much of western Europe, breaking temperature records. Much of the heat was concentrated in France, England and Spain where nearly 15,000 people died.[13] In Portugal, the temperatures reached as high as 47 °C (117 °F) in the south.
    The European heat wave of 2006 was the second massive heat wave to hit the continent in four years, with temperatures rising to 40 °C (104 °F) in Paris; in Ireland, which has a moderate maritime climate, temperatures of over 32 °C (90 °F) were reported. Temperatures of 35 °C (95 °F) were reached in the Benelux and Germany (in some areas 38 °C (100 °F)), while Great Britain recorded 37 °C (99 °F). Many heat records were broken (including the hottest ever July temperature in Great Britain) and many people who experienced the heat waves of 1976 and 2003 drew comparisons with them. Highest average July temperatures were recorded at many locations in Great Britain, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and Germany.
    The 2006 North American heat wave affected a wide area of the United States and parts of neighboring Canada during July and August 2006. Over 220 deaths were reported. Temperatures in some parts of South Dakota exceeded 46 °C (115 °F). Also, California experienced temperatures that were extraordinarily high, with records ranging from 38 to 54 °C (100 to 130 °F). On 22 July, the County of Los Angeles recorded its highest temperature ever at 48 °C (119 °F). Humidity levels in California were also unusually high, although low compared with normal gulf coast/eastern seaboard summer humidity they were significant enough to cause widespread discomfort.[14] Additionally, the heat wave was associated a series of derechos that produced widespread damage.
    The European heat wave of 2007 affected primarily south-eastern Europe during late June through August. Bulgaria experienced its hottest year on record, with previously unrecorded temperatures above 45 °C (113 °F). The 2007 Greek forest fires were associated with the heat wave.
    During the 2007 Asian heat wave, the Indian city of Datia experienced temperatures of 48 °C (118 °F).
    In January 2008, Alice Springs in Australia's Northern Territory recorded ten consecutive days of temperatures above 40 °C (104 °F) with the average temperature for that month being 39.8 °C (103.6 °F). In March 2008, Adelaide, South Australia experienced maximum temperatures of above 35 °C (95 °F) for fifteen consecutive days, seven days more than the previous longest stretch of 35 °C (95 °F) days. The March 2008 heat wave also included eleven consecutive days above 38 °C (100 °F).[15] The heat wave was especially notable because it occurred in March, an autumn month, in which Adelaide averages only 2.3 days above 35 °C (95 °F).[16]
    The eastern United States experienced an early Summer heat wave from 6–10 June 2008 with record temperatures.[17][18] There was a heat wave in Southern California beginning late June,[19] which contributed to widespread fires. On 6 July, a renewed heat wave was forecast, which was expected to affect the entire state.[20][21]
    In early 2009, Adelaide, South Australia was hit by a heat wave with temperatures exceeding 40 °C (104 °F) for six days in a row, while many rural areas experienced temperatures hovering around 45 °C (113 °F). Kyancutta on the Eyre Peninsula endured at least one day at 48 °C (118 °F), with 46 and 47 being common in the hottest parts of the state. Melbourne, in neighbouring Victoria recorded 3 consecutive days over 43 °C (109 °F), and also recorded its highest ever temperature 8 days later in a secondary heatwave, with temperatures peaking at 46.4 °C (115.5 °F). During this heat wave Victoria suffered from large bushfires which killed 173 people and destroyed more than 2,500 homes. There were also over half a million people without power as the heatwave blew transformers and the power grid was overloaded.
    In August 2009, Argentina experienced a period of unusual and exceptionally hot weather during 24–30 August, during the Southern Hemisphere winter, just a month before Spring,[22] when an unusual and unrecorded winter heat wave hit the country. A shot of tropical heat drawn unusually far southward hiked temperatures 22 degrees Celsius (40 degrees Fahrenheit) above normal in the city of Buenos Aires and across the northern-centre regions of the country. Several records were broken. Even though normal high temperatures for late August are in the lower 15 °C (59 °F), readings topped 30 °C (86 °F) degrees at midweek, then topped out above 32 °C (90 °F) degrees during the weekend.[23] Temperatures hit 33.8 °C (92.8 °F) on 29 August and finally 34.6 °C (94.3 °F) on 30 August in Buenos Aires, making it the hottest day ever recorded in winter breaking the 1996 winter record of 33.7 °C (92.7 °F). In the city of Santa Fe, 38.3 °C (100.9 °F) degrees on 30 August was registered, well above the normal highs of around 15 °C (59 °F). As per the Meteorological Office of Argentina, August 2009 has been the warmest month during winter since official measurements began.[24]

The Northern Hemisphere summer heat wave of 2010 affected many areas across the Northern Hemisphere, especially parts of Northeastern China and European Russia.[25]
    Starting in May 2010, records were being set. On 26 May, at Mohenjo-daro, Sindh province in Pakistan a national record high temperature of 53.5 °C (128.3 °F) occurred.
    In June 2010, Eastern Europe experienced very warm conditions. Ruse, Bulgaria hit 36.6 °C (97.9 °F) on the 13th making it the warmest spot in Europe. Other records broken on the 13th include Vidin, Bulgaria at 35.8 °C (96.4 °F), Sandanski, Bulgaria hitting 35.5 °C (95.9 °F), Lovech and Pazardzhik, Bulgaria at 35.1 °C (95.2 °F) as well as the capital, Sofia, hitting 33.3 °C (91.9 °F). The heat came from the Sahara desert and was not associated with rain. This helped the situation with high water levels in that part of the continent.[26] On the 14th, several cities were once again above the 35 °C (95 °F) mark even though they did not break records. The only cities in Bulgaria breaking records were Musala peak hitting 15.2 °C (59.4 °F) and Elhovo hitting 35.6 °C (96.1 °F).[27] On the 15th, Ruse, Bulgaria peaked at 37.2 °C (99.0 °F). Although it was not a record, this was the highest temperature recorded in the country. Five Bulgarian cities broke records that day: Ahtopol hit 28.6 °C (83.5 °F), Dobrich was 33.8 °C (92.8 °F), Karnobat hit 34 °C (93 °F), Sliven hit 35 °C (95 °F) and Elhovo recorded 36.1 °C (97.0 °F).[28]
    From 4 to 9 July 2010, the majority of the American East Coast, from the Carolinas to Maine, was gripped in a severe heat wave. Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, Washington, Raleigh, and even Boston eclipsed 38 °C (100 °F). Many records were broken, some of which dated back to the 19th century, including Wilmington, Delaware's temperature of 39 °C (103 °F) on Wednesday, 7 July, which broke the record of 36 °C (97 °F) from 1897. Philadelphia and New York eclipsed 38 °C (100 °F) for the first time since 2001. Frederick, Maryland, and Newark, New Jersey, among others topped the century mark (37.8 Celsius) for four days in a row.[29]

The 2011 North American heat wave brought record heat to the Midwestern United States, Eastern Canada, and much of the Eastern Seaboard.
    A record-breaking heat wave hit Southwestern Asia in late July and early August 2011, with temperatures in Iraq exceeding 49 °C (120 °F),[30] and an "asphalt-melting, earth-parching, brain-scrambling heat of midsummer" in Tbilisi, Georgia.[31] The Iraqis were further challenged by pressure to fast during Ramadan, despite heat of 51 °C (124 °F) in Baghdad and 52 °C (126 °F) in Diwaniya on 4 August.[30] The extreme heat inspired conspiracy theories of the government corruption in Iraq and retaliation from the United States government;[30] and, in Georgia, the Apocalypse, mutant locusts caused by Chernobyl, snakes imported by unseen enemies, and sun spots.[31]
    Most parts of the United Kingdom experienced an Indian summer between September and October 2011. The heat wave resulted in a new record high temperature for October at 30 °C (86 °F).[32]

Land surface temperatures of 8–15 March 2012. Land surface temperatures are distinct from the air temperatures that meteorological stations typically measure.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Oh, please, the NOAA and NASA are just a bunch of political hacks.

Further information: 2018 heat wave

In May and June 2018 a heat wave affected Pakistan and a significant portion of India. At least 65 people have died due to the heat as of 28 May. Temperatures have reached as high as 48 °C (118 °F).[69][70] The health dangers to a large part of the population are exacerbated by the then-ongoing Ramadan fast.[71]
    2018 British Isles heat wave. In April 2018, a heat wave affected the United Kingdom[72] and Ireland.[73] A brief cooling interlude in early May, and temperatures rose again to 25–30 °C (77–86 °F) for the rest of May and in to June. In July 2018, many areas of the UK saw temperatures exceed 30 degrees for over 15 days in a row, and other areas still affected by a heat wave. The hot weather continued into early August before temperatures returned closer to the average during the second half of the month.[74][75]
    2018 North American heat wave. The heat wave started in Mexico in late May 2018. By June 2018, the Mexican government issued a state of emergency to more than 300 municipalities. In early July 2018, the heat wave in Quebec, Canada caused about 74 deaths. In July, the heat wave in Southern California caused many power outages, where over 34,000 Los Angeles customers serviced by LADWP had no power for over one week. In south western states such as Arizona and Colorado were above 38 °C (100 °F).
    2018 Japan heat wave. In mid-July 2018, the heat wave in Japan arrived after a major flood. It caused over 22,000 hospitalization and 80 deaths.
    2018 European drought and heat waves. Much of Europe experienced above-average temperatures and drought, which resulted in wildfires in Sweden and wildfires in Greece.

Australian heat wave
    From 25 December 2018, Australia was faced with constant record-breaking heatwaves with few breaks. December 2018 was recorded as the hottest December on record, while New South Wales had their warmest January since 2011.[76][77] Adelaide recorded its hottest day on record on 24 January, surpassing the previous record from 1939, reaching 46.6 °C (115.9 °F) at 3:36pm local time, and many settlements across South Australia set new records the same day. At least one man, 90 feral horses and 2,000 bats died, while 25,000 homes lost power.[78][79][80]
    Melbourne was forecast to have its hottest day since the 2009 Black Saturday bushfires on 25 January (although this failed to eventuate), while over 200,000 homes across Victoria lost power due to load shedding.[81] On 25 January Melbourne had its hottest day of either January or February: 109 F.[82]
    On 25 January the temperature of The Treasure Coast-West reached 45.0 °C (113 °F).[83]

In late-May 2019, an unusually strong early-season heat wave affected the southeastern United States, breaking all-time May record high temperatures in several cities. Many locations also broke the record for the earliest-in-season 38 °C (100 °F) temperature.[84]

Also in late-May, an early-season heat wave affected parts of Japan. The town of Saroma in Hokkaido reached 39.5 °C (103.1 °F), the highest May temperature ever recorded anywhere in Japan.[85]

The 2019 Indo-Pakistani heat wave reached a near record high temperature of 50.8 °C (123.4 °F) in Churu.[86] The Indian and Pakistani media reported dozens of deaths due to the heat wave.[87]

June 2019 European heat wave: Starting from 25 June, very hot air masses from the Sahara desert moved over Europe, leading to heat advisories in several European countries, including France, Germany and the UK. The extent and intensity of the heat wave was unusual for its earliness in the summer season.[88][89] In France, numerous cities broke the old all-time national record of 44.1 °C (111.4 °F) set in Conqueyrac in 2003.[90] The final new record was higher by 2 °C (3.6 °F).[91]

July 2019 European heat wave: One month later, a similar event occurred, which also broke high temperature records in cities across several northwestern European countries. All-time national heat records were broken by 3.1 °C (5.6 °F) in the Netherlands,[92][93] by 3 °C (5.4 °F) in Belgium,[94][95] by 2.9 °C (5.2 °F) in Luxembourg,[96][97] by 2.1 °C (3.8 °F) in Germany[98][99] and by 0.2 °C (0.36 °F) in the United Kingdom.[100]
    August 2019 European heat wave: On 27 August, the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI) officially confirmed that the Netherlands were experiencing yet another heat wave when a temperature of 30 degrees was measured in De Bilt at 12.40. It was the fourth time ever since recordings began in 1901 that the country experienced two national heat waves in a single year.[101] The same day, the Royal Meteorological Institute (KMI/IRM) declared the third heat wave of 2019 in Belgium. Since official temperature readings began, it has happened only once before (in 1947) that three heat waves were detected in a single year.[102]

A prolonged drought and heat wave affected the eastern United States from September to October 2019. September was one of the warmest and driest on record in many locations. All-time record high temperatures for October are also broken in numerous cities.
    How come there have only been 2 state record high temperatures set in the 21st century?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Cherry pick much? How come there have only been 2 state record high temperatures set in the 21st century? How about the 12,764 daily record lows set in the past 365 days?

You make these claims about me unable to grasp basic concepts and data, but can't give any examples when I ask.
    Record Highs are Outpacing Record Lows

NORTH CAROLINA -- Wednesday and Thursday will be the ninth and tenth day in 2019 for a record high in the Triangle. There have been no record lows set at the Raleigh-Durham Airport so far this year.

Most years for the last couple of decades, record highs have been outpacing record lows across the country. That is according to a recent analysis by Climate Central that reviewed weather station data across the United States dating back to 1930.
    Heat Records Shattered across North Carolina Thursday

Unprecedtented is really the best way to descripe the high temperatures we all experienced across North Carolina Thursday. Most locations in the state broke the record high for the date. Some even experienced the hottest temperature ever recorded in October.

Here's a closer look at the records by city:

Asheville - 91

Broke the old record for October 3 of 88 from 1954.
    Hottest October temperature breaking the old records of 90 from October 5 and 6, 1941.
    Tied the hottest day of the year.

Charlotte - 98

Broke the old record for October 3 of 91 from 1986.
    Tied the hottest October temperature on record from October 6, 1954.
    Tied the hottest day of the year. The high also reached 98 on July 19

Fayetteville - 99

Broke the old record for October 3 of 95 from 1986.

Greensboro - 95

Broke the old record for October 3 of 91 from 1986.
    Tied the hottest October temperature on record last set on October 5, 1954.

Raleigh - 100

Broke the old record for October 3 of 91 from 2002 and 1986.
    Hottest October temperature breaking the old record of 98 from October 6, 1954.
    Hottest temperature of 2019.
    The latest date on record for the hottest temperature of the year.
    Latest in the year for 100.

Wilmington - 98

Broke the old record for October 3 of 95 from 1986.
    Hottest October temperature breaking the old record of 95 form October 3, 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Your first point does nothing to support your claim that “we can’t do anything”. You then create a straw man by saying everyone is against nuclear. I’m not against nuclear and I bet most people arguing here aren’t against nuclear.
    It seems to me that all the policymakers, and the loud activists are against nuclear. Do any of the 2020 Dems climate plans include nuclear? Of the top of my head, I don't believe they do, except for Yang maybe?

I give the example of a solar, wind, hydro, nuclear, and natural gas mix as an example of a plan that might actually be feasible, and would reduce emissions to some extent in the US, but I stand by the fact that it will have a minimal impact on warming.
    Your second point assumes that the US is the only country that reduces its co2 and no one else does. Other countries are willing to do the same. And your article is from Forbes and is an unfounded and poorly written opinion piece that lacks scientific basis. Further, developing new wind, solar, and storage technology definitely would drive down the cost. That’s how shit works, how it has always worked.
    I've said over and over, that the world will not adopt zero carbon emission energy unless it makes economic sense. You might get part of the developed world to increase its non carbon renewable energy share, but you have to get this tech economically viable if you want to get a large share of the world on board.

If you read the link I gave, there isn't much more cost savings to be had from more wind and solar development. Storage still has cost saving potential, but it still has a massive way to go, and it doesn't seem our best storage option at the moment (lithium batteries) has much untapped potential.

I'm aware that the Forbes piece isn't great evidence. I have asked in the past that someone try to find a better source for that type of analysis because I can't find anything. Find me a source of your liking that will estimate how much warming will be prevented by 2100 from the US stopping co2 emissions tomorrow. I'm guessing you won't be able to find anything since it will be highly inconvenient to show people that these climate plans will have a negligible effect on warming.

Lastly, that’s cute. It isn’t a pollutant. I encourage you to go breath 100% nitrogen, that isn’t a pollutant either. The idea that because something is necessary for life that you can’t get too much of it is the most preposterous, stupid thing you’ve said in a long line of stupid. The fact you won’t attribute any costs to co2 even though the most conservative estimates say rising sea levels alone will cost the world trillions.
    There is zero historical evidence of high levels of co2 being bad for the planet. Plant life thrives with 1,000+ ppm co2.

You exhale 38,000ppm co2 when you breathe.

Sea levels will still rise if US emissions are cut to zero tomorrow.

So, we should do...nothing?
    This thread needs something.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1360.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	587.9 KB 
ID:	296563