Page 78 of 146 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How long before RJ frustrates someone so bad that they commit themselves or go and shoot up a shopping mall? This thread may have to be killed in the interest of mental health and public safety.
    3 clicks, problem solved.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How long before RJ frustrates someone so bad that they commit themselves or go and shoot up a shopping mall? This thread may have to be killed in the interest of mental health and public safety.
    I enjoy poking the bear and going over the top on fucking morons like RJ. It's releasing my negative energy in a healthy way, to a piece of shit human being

But you have to be a special kind of stupid to see data facts on hurricane numbers then go fucking berserk on why the were posted

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Ron are you citing scientists again? Those people you say you don't trust?

sent from Utah.
    It would be more accurate to say I am citing scientists who were chosen by politicians, whose work was reviewed, edited, and released to the public by politicians. And despite all these biases, they can't find enough evidence to support the conclusion that hurricanes are getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    This just in:
    RJ vociferously argues that the sky isn’t blue because sometimes it’s dark out.
    You guys are just amazing. Your Holy Institution cannot find evidence of worsening hurricanes, but that isn't satisfactory to you. You only accept the CONSENSUS! when it suits you. SINNERS!!

Another week goes by with zero extreme or otherwise remarkable weather events.. ron smart, everyone else stoopid!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You ignorant fucking cunt! I posted data, actual facts. You interpret them like a moron. No alarmist, just data, facts...and you get such a sandy vag it makes you look like an ignorant cunt. Go take a nice long nap in the garage with your car running
    You cherry picked some data. I didn't interpret anything. I left that to the holy ones at the IPCC.

Here is some data for you. Some actual facts. I'm sure you heard about the snowstorm in Montana this weekend right? Well, Browning, MT received 48" of snow. In September!! They average 81" per year. Clearly global warming is fake!

I enjoy poking the bear and going over the top on fucking morons like k2, ride it, SumJong, bunion, etc. It's releasing my negative energy in a healthy way, to piece shit human beings

But you have to be a special kind of stupid to see the !CONSENSUS! IPCC position on hurricane numbers then go fucking berserk on why the were posted
    FYP

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    You cherry picked some data. I didn't interpret anything. I left that to the holy ones at the IPCC.

Here is some data for you. Some actual facts. I'm sure you heard about the snowstorm in Montana this weekend right? Well, Browning, MT received 48" of snow. In September!! They average 81" per year. Clearly extreme and unprecedented weather events due to global warming is fake!
    Fixed it for you

Warmer air carries more moisture. Snow dumpage, where cold enough will be bigger, rainfall where not will also be bigger. The land area where the former happens will decrease as the land area where the latter happens will increase.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Fixed it for you

Warmer air carries more moisture. Snow dumpage, where cold enough will be bigger, rainfall where not will also be bigger. The land area where the former happens will decrease as the land area where the latter happens will increase.
    It's really an incredible position the alarmists have been able to carve out. Any weather event is evidence of global warming. More snow? Global warming! Less snow? Global warming! More rain? Global warming! More drought? Global warming!

IThe last 20 years have seen a striking clustering of Category 5 storms in the Atlantic, as noted by Sam Lillo

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Lo...en=cat6-widget
    Unlike human caused warming for which there is high confidence, it's much more difficult to detect the anthropogenic contribution, relative to natural variability, of intensifying hurricanes.

However, the models predict the global proportion of hurricanes and cyclones that reach very intense (Category 4 and 5) levels will likely increase this century.

So yeah even though it's too early to say so with high confidence, nevertheless we're seeing an increasing percentage of Category 4 & 5 hurricanes. And, for the Atlantic islanders and East Coasters among us all measures of Atlantic hurricane activity show a significant increase in recent decades:

- Significant increases in the strongest hurricanes have occurred in the North Atlantic (Kossin et al. 2013)

-- A more recent study shows 95th percentile/24-h hurricane intensity significantly increased in the central and eastern tropical Atlantic basin (Balaguru et al, 2018)

--- Intensity uncertainty is very low for the North Atlantic indicating the proportion of the highest hurricane intensity significantly increased in the Atlantic (Bhatia et al. 2019)

---- Hurricane intensity also increased significantly in the West Pacific (Mei et al, 2016)

I'm not sure I've ever even heard of a Category 5 hurricane.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

If the IPCC's conclusions aren't satisfactory for you, here are NOAA's: https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-war...nd-hurricanes/

"While there have been increases in U.S. landfalling hurricanes and basin-wide hurricane counts since the since the early 1970s, Figure 4 shows that these recent increases are not representative of the behavior seen in the century long records. In short, the historical Atlantic hurricane frequency record does not provide compelling evidence for a substantial greenhouse warming-induced long-term increase."

"
    Owing to the large interannual to decadal variability of SST and hurricane activity in the basin, Bender et al (2010) estimate that detection of an anthropogenic influence on intense hurricanes would not be expected for a number of decades, even assuming a large underlying increasing trend (+10% per decade) occurs. While there is a large rising trend since the mid 1940’s in observed category 4-5 numbers in the Atlantic, our view is that these data are not reliable for trend calculations, until they have been further assessed for data homogeneity problems, such as those due to changing observing practices."

"
    In summary, neither our model projections for the 21st century nor our analyses of trends in Atlantic hurricane and tropical storm activity support the notion that greenhouse gas-induced warming leads to large increases in either tropical storm or overall hurricane numbers in the Atlantic. While one of our modeling studies projects a large (~100%) increase in Atlantic category 4-5 hurricanes over the 21st century, we estimate that such an increase would not be detectable until the latter half of the century, and we still have only low confidence that such an increase will occur in the Atlantic basin, based on an updated survey of subsequent modeling studies by our and other groups."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	global_running_ace.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	299.7 KB 
ID:	295882
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frequency_12months.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	592.1 KB 
ID:	295883

Here is some data for you. Some actual facts. I'm sure you heard about the snowstorm in Montana this weekend right? Well, Browning, MT received 48" of snow. In September!! They average 81" per year. Clearly global warming is fake!
    You ignorant fucking cunt

This was just observable data that I post, you fucked the goat after getting sand in your vag

In a remarkable burst of rapid intensification, Hurricane Lorenzo vaulted to Category 5 status late Saturday, becoming the Atlantic’s second Cat 5 storm of the year, the strongest hurricane ever observed so far east in the Atlantic, and one of the northernmost Cat 5s on record. As of 11 pm EDT Saturday, Lorenzo was packing top sustained winds of 160 mph.

With Lorenzo and Dorian, this year is now one of only seven years in Atlantic hurricane records going back to 1851 that have produced at least two Category 5 storms. None of those years produced more than two Cat 5s except for 2005, which yielded four (Emily, Katrina, Rita, and Wilma).

The last 20 years have seen a striking clustering of Category 5 storms in the Atlantic, as noted by Sam Lillo

NOAA and the IPCC both support the conclusion that global warming is happening and it is human caused. What is your argument? Ohyeah, no argument, just obfuscation and casting doubt. Nothing to see here. Ron, the russkies paying well this week?
    sigless.

This was just observable data that I post, you fucked the goat after getting sand in your vag

In a remarkable burst of rapid intensification, Hurricane Lorenzo vaulted to Category 5 status late Saturday, becoming the Atlantic’s second Cat 5 storm of the year, the strongest hurricane ever observed so far east in the Atlantic, and one of the northernmost Cat 5s on record. As of 11 pm EDT Saturday, Lorenzo was packing top sustained winds of 160 mph.

With Lorenzo and Dorian, this year is now one of only seven years in Atlantic hurricane records going back to 1851 that have produced at least two Category 5 storms. None of those years produced more than two Cat 5s except for 2005, which yielded four (Emily, Katrina, Rita, and Wilma).

The last 20 years have seen a striking clustering of Category 5 storms in the Atlantic, as noted by Sam Lillo
    I posted observable data too. Brownsville, MT got 48" of snow. Just like your data, it doesn't mean anything on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    NOAA and the IPCC both support the conclusion that global warming is happening and it is human caused. What is your argument? Ohyeah, no argument, just obfuscation and casting doubt. Nothing to see here. Ron, the russkies paying well this week?
    It's not obvious what my point is?

This incessant hurricane hysteria is global warming propaganda, and you should be skeptical of any news source that is pushing this stuff.

I posted observable data too. Brownsville, MT got 48" of snow. Just like your data, it doesn't mean anything on its own.
    "Climate is what you expect, weather is what you get." -- Mark Twain

You still don't even know the difference between weather and climate. . .just like you don't understand many other basic science concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post

You still don't even know the difference between weather and climate. . .just like you don't understand many other basic science concepts.
    So the Montana snowstorm is weather, and hurricane Lorenzo is climate?

Can you give me an example of where I mixed up weather and climate?

What are the basic science concepts i don't understand?

Really looking forward to your response on this one. You might have to do something other than than finding some article and sections to copy and paste.

was this snowstorm event the 3rd one this year and hasn't happened in over 25 years?

apples and oranges you ignorant fucking cunt

And I’ve seen some Category 4's. But a Category 5 is something that — I don’t know that I’ve ever even heard the term other than I know it’s there.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I can't believe you guys are still arguing with that bot.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post

Or that Brownsville is in fucking Texas and Browning is in Montana.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

was this snowstorm event the 3rd one this year and hasn't happened in over 25 years?

apples and oranges you ignorant fucking cunt
    It's the exact same thing. Numerous records have been broken by this storm for areas that have been keeping records for far longer than the hurricane satellite record.

And where are you getting your 3rd cat 5 hurricane this year from?