Page 105 of 146 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    well, i'm not going to go thru every page; but I've posted on here enough that if being netzero was regularly discussed at least a dozen times in 105 pages; I should have seen it as once every 9 pages; it would come up.

now, be sure to not just use solar, you need to eat from food from the ground only, drop any cosmetics except bar soap wear only second hand clothing and stay on that bike.

now, there are many posting on this thread, so far I only have one making a commitment; so he's only offsetting me; more of you need to follow my list to have a real affect if you're going to walk the walk.
    I do better than that--I have converted my metabolism so I survive on the CO2 I take in from the air. I'd say I'm doing my part.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...tury-1.5370504

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Ron dishonestly rehashing previous debunked talking points. From earlier in this thread:
    MV has now devolved into the WMD and JongGuy strategy of saying I've been debunked despite none of my previous post having been debunked. I'm well aware that average temperatures have risen due to warmer low temperatures.

The troposphere is warming making nighttime temperatures more sensitive to warming than daytime temps. In other words, hot daily lows are a signature of greenhouse warming in part due to downward radiation associated with CO2 and other greenhouse gas wavelengths.

Warmer nighttime temperature allow fires to burn through the night and burn more intensely, and that allows fires to spread over multiple days.

Whereas Ron's chart uses hot daily highs and ignores hot daily lows. The important takeaway is average temperatures are rising.
    You are trying to make the claim that warmer night time temperatures are to blame for bushfires killing the koalas. We know daytime maximum temperatures and drought have not increased. And we know that drought and hot daytime temperatures are the biggest culprits for wildfire- there is a reason why wildfires most frequently occur in the afternoon. Forget the fact that bushfires haven't even been increasing in Australia, so what are we even talking about!?

Even if we are to believe that warmer night time temperatures are causing fires to burn more intensely at night (which seems to be sourced from the quote of one scientist) there should be some offset in the spread of night time wildfire because warmer nights will cause lesser cooling air currents that spread wildfires.

Because average temperatures are rising, past record-breaking heat and heatwaves will likely fall away too, the way many records in other parts of the world already have, and become a distant memory as even hotter temperatures become the new norm.
    Irrelevant to our discussion.

So,

In Australia where average temps have increased, record heat has gripped much of the country this past week, with numerous monthly temperature records falling, including in Melbourne, where the high reached 105.6 degrees (40.9 Celsius) on Thursday, tying a record that dates back to 1894.

The current drought is localized to southern Australia and SE Queensland. i.e., south-eastern Australia which is not the same thing as southeastern. The map below showing koala range overlaps to a large extent with the south-hyphen-eastern drought areas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koala#...oala_Range.jpg

We have increased drought in south-eastern Australia, increasing average temperatures, record November heat, and “catastrophic” fire danger — the highest threat level — in the state of Victoria, along with dangerous conditions in South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.
    You lost me with the south-eastern Australia is not the same as southeastern, but as clearly shown in your map, the koala range is not limited to the drought areas.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    You are like a character in a cheesy movie that is so obsessed with the wrong things, they fail to see the whole forest. It’s right in front of you, if you can be honest with yourself, and simply look around with your eyes open.
    Your myopia on this topic is so blinding, I can only imagine what an insufferable prat you must be to people around you.
    Mr. Magoo, much?
    I'm looking at the forest, you are the myopic one obsessed with the trees.

If you had paid any attention to this thread you would have stopped reading after the second paragraph and recognized it as the propaganda that it is:

"Already, the past year has brought devastating hurricanes, relentless wildfires and crippling heat waves, prompting millions of protesters to take to the streets to demand more attention to a problem that seems increasingly urgent."

We know that hurricanes, wildfires, and heat waves aren't increasing. Maybe some day you will learn, but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    I'm looking at the forest, you are the myopic one obsessed with the trees.
    That phrase does not mean what you think it means.
    Also, I don't think that you know what the meaning of the word propoganda, what is the UN's purpose for disinformation?
    Last edited by rideit; 11-26-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Once again Ron's prior beliefs are outdated.

In the past few years as average temps in Australia have increased both daytime maximum temperatures and regional drought have also increased, and recent koala range overlaps substantially with south-eastern Australia rainfall decline.

Last year into this year Australia endured its hottest summer ever. It was the warmest summer on record in terms of maximum temperatures, in terms of minimum temperatures and in terms of mean temperatures. It's not just the high "minimum temperature," New South Wales and other areas also broke all time highs too.

And this October into November, record heat has occurred in parts of Western Australia and also record heat in parts of South Australia.

As a result, the scale of the current fires—largely a result of climate change—is unprecedented.

Name:  RainfallDeficit.png
Views: 250
Size:  143.6 KB

Name:  1099048.gif.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  91.4 KB

According to the Centre for Australian Weather and Climate Research Anthropogenic long term lower tropospheric warming is the most important driver of changing climate patterns in Australia.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 11-26-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Once again Ron's prior beliefs are outdated.

In the past few years as average temps in Australia have increased both daytime maximum temperatures and regional drought have also increased, and recent koala range overlaps substantially with south-eastern Australia rainfall decline.

Last year into this year Australia endured its hottest summer ever. It was the warmest summer on record in terms of maximum temperatures, in terms of minimum temperatures and in terms of mean temperatures. It's not just the high "minimum temperature," New South Wales and other areas also broke all time highs too.

And this October into November, record heat has occurred in parts of Western Australia and also record heat in parts of South Australia.

As a result, the scale of the current fires—largely a result of climate change—is unprecedented.

Name:  RainfallDeficit.png
Views: 250
Size:  143.6 KB

Name:  1099048.gif.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  91.4 KB

According to the Centre for Australian Weather and Climate Research Anthropogenic long term lower tropospheric warming is the most important driver of changing climate patterns in Australia.
    My beliefs are outdated, but you post a graph of rainfall for 1997 to 2006?? Tell me, do you think that regional drought is something that never has happened before humans started releasing CO2 into the atmosphere?

What are we even talking about max, min, and mean temperatures for? Bushfires in Australia haven't even been increasing, its absurd to blame the demise of koalas on global warming.

That phrase does not mean what you think it means.
    Also, I don't think that you know what the meaning of the word propoganda, what is the UN's purpose for disinformation?
    Carbon taxes? World government? IPCC funding? Why are you hung up on the purpose of the disinformation when its clearly disinformation?

You believe in the World Government bullshit?
    Do you also believe in the black helicopters getting their directions from the backs of stop signs?
    THIS is proof that you are a gullible kook.

Ron's old talking points haven't kept pace with what's happening in the real world:

Unlike regional drought in the past, the report posted above explains how Anthropogenic long term lower tropospheric warming is the most important driver of changing climate patterns in Australia.

Climate change is also acting as a threat multiplier amplifying fire risk. A warming climate dries out vegetation faster worsening drought impacts. Warmer nights, especially when combined with dry conditions, can allow fires to continue spreading rapidly after sunset. Warmer average seasonal temperatures also means longer and more frequent fire seasons

Last year into this year Australia endured its hottest summer ever. Because it was the warmest summer on record in terms of maximum temperatures, in terms of minimum temperatures and in terms of mean temperatures and because of drought conditions the scale of the current fires—largely a result of climate change—is unprecedented..

An updated 2018 rainfall chart:

Name:  map-rain-decile-year.gif
Views: 211
Size:  68.3 KB

Carbon taxes? World government? IPCC funding? Why are you hung up on the purpose of the disinformation when its clearly disinformation?
    Well, we understand you've swallowed the fossil fuel industry propaganda hook line and sinker (or maybe this is how you make your living), and that's why you are so insistent that black is, in fact, white. As an interesting look into this corner of conspiracy theory, I would definitely be interested in hearing your opinion on why the UN would feel a need to make up any of this. Occam's razor applies here.

These guys are driving is off the cliff amiright?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Meeting
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You believe in the World Government bullshit?
    Do you also believe in the black helicopters getting their directions from the backs of stop signs?
    THIS is proof that you are a gullible kook.
    I don't have much of an opinion on it, but you are a gullible kook if you think its an impossibility.

Ron's old talking points haven't kept pace with what's happening in the real world:

Unlike regional drought in the past, the report posted above explains how Anthropogenic long term lower tropospheric warming is the most important driver of changing climate patterns in Australia.

Climate change is also acting as a threat multiplier amplifying fire risk. A warming climate dries out vegetation faster worsening drought impacts. Warmer nights, especially when combined with dry conditions, can allow fires to continue spreading rapidly after sunset. Warmer average seasonal temperatures also means longer and more frequent fire seasons

Last year into this year Australia endured its hottest summer ever. Because it was the warmest summer on record in terms of maximum temperatures, in terms of minimum temperatures and in terms of mean temperatures and because of drought conditions the scale of the current fires—largely a result of climate change—is unprecedented..

An updated 2018 rainfall chart:

Views: 211
    All of this is moot since fires haven't been increasing in Australia, and thus, koalas are not going extinct from global warming.

And congrats, instead of looking at a 15 year old graphic, you now have a graphic for a single year (2018), as if that proves anything. I have already posted a long term graph showing no trends in drought over the country, but you want to cherry pick a single region as proof of global warming disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Well, we understand you've swallowed the fossil fuel industry propaganda hook line and sinker (or maybe this is how you make your living), and that's why you are so insistent that black is, in fact, white. As an interesting look into this corner of conspiracy theory, I would definitely be interested in hearing your opinion on why the UN would feel a need to make up any of this. Occam's razor applies here.
    I don't know the why, but I do know the WP piece is a lie.

To summarize the past few pages:

Due to climate change, rainfall across south and eastern and southwestern Australia has declined while rainfall has increased across parts of northern Australia.

The drying across portions of Australia is the most large-scale change in rainfall since national records began in 1900 with 2018/2019 ending up as particularity dry throughout large parts, including koala range, of the continent.

Views: 289

Australia has also been warming and scientists warn Australia's extreme heat in recent years is sign of things to come.

Accompanying rising temperatures is a long-term increase in extreme fire weather and in the length of the fire season across large parts of Australia.

Last year into this year, for example, Australia endured its hottest summer ever. Because it was the warmest summer on record in terms of maximum temperatures, in terms of minimum temperatures and in terms of mean temperatures and because of drought conditions the scale of the current fires—largely a result of climate change—is unprecedented.

I don't know the why, but I do know the WP piece is a lie.
    How do you ‘know’ that?
    You haven’t actually refuted it with indisputable facts.
    And as to One World Government...Occam’s Razor much?
    Even the closest of allies spy on earth other, and look out for their own interests first and foremost. They even have things called armies.
    How in the fuck is there ever going to be much agreement, especially now that we are seeing wars for water, and displacement of environmental refugees?
    Wake up.

To summarize the last few pages:

Koalas are not going extinct because of global warming.

How do you ‘know’ that?
    You haven’t actually refuted it with indisputable facts.
    I have refuted it with indisputable facts. The data shows that there haven't been increases in hurricanes, heat waves, and wildfires. I'm not gong to rehash it again, its all in the thread.

And as to One World Government...Occam’s Razor much?
    Even the closest of allies spy on earth other, and look out for their own interests first and foremost. They even have things called armies.
    How in the fuck is there ever going to be much agreement, especially now that we are seeing wars for water, and displacement of environmental refugees?
    Wake up.
    Ever heard of the EU?

How in the fuck is the EU a ‘One World Government’?
    I think you are a bit delusional and paranoid, it is not serving you well.

I have refuted it with indisputable facts. The data shows that there haven't been increases in hurricanes, heat waves, and wildfires. I'm not gong to rehash it again, its all in the thread.
    Saying you proved something doesn't make it so. It just makes you arrogant (or President of the United States). It is up to the reader to decide if you proved something, not the writer. That's how science works, but I realize that's not something you know anything about.

To recap just some of the things that have been factually argued here based on scientific evidence:

- Current warming is unnatural and likely human caused

- There has been a steep decades long decline in thick Arctic ice. Even though the Arctic sea ice extent appears to be only slowly trending downwards in recent years the proportions of what was once thick perennial ice has changed in favor of the thin seasonal ice

- There has been a likely increasing trend in the frequency of heatwaves in Europe and Australia and across much of Asia

- There's been increasing percentage of Category 4 & 5 hurricanes. And, for Atlantic islanders and East Coasters all measures of Atlantic hurricane activity show a significant increase in recent decades

- Hurricane intensity has also increased significantly in the West Pacific

- Anthropogenic forcing has led to different physical regime of extreme precipitation for the Eurasian wave train and the Indian summer monsoon and another that propagates across the tropical Atlantic Ocean before turning northwards, towards the Caribbean and the eastern coast of North America

- According to NASA, since the 1980s, a hotter, drier world means the wildfire season has lengthened across a quarter of the world's vegetated surface, and in some places like California, fire has become nearly a year-round risk

- The year 2018 was California's worst wildfire season on record, on the heels of a devastating 2017 fire season. The 2019 wildfire season in California so far has seen over 6,402 fires. Also in 2019, wildfires have burned 2.5 million acres in Alaska in an extreme fire season driven by high temperatures, which have also led to massive fires in Siberia.