Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

All of the above have been destroyed as bullshit over and over. Posting it again doesn't change that. Take a lap and read the entire thread again.
    None of the above has been destroyed as bullshit over and over, but that's your only play- claim everything I've said is debunked, that I don't understand basic data/statistics/science/etc, but never be able to provide any evidence when I ask you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    If there is one thing I've learned more than anything else from this discussion, it's that people are are incredibly closed off to any POV that differs to their own.
    Clearly you have not reread the entire thread. You failed the quiz. Go back and start over..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Where do you like to ride Ron? You never answered...
    I'm a paid troll remember? No riding for me, I just post pics of my friend's quiver.

I'm a paid troll remember? No riding for me, I just post pics of my friend's quiver.
    I think y'all might be hurting RJ's feelings. Maybe we should all find a day to ride together and show that snowsliding transcends trollery. As long as we can pick a hill in the NW, that is.

If there is one thing I've learned more than anything else from this discussion, it's that RATIONAL people are are incredibly closed off to any BULLSHIT.
    FTFY
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

At least you admit it. And I appreciate that you never tried to lie about where you use your sick quiver of snowboards.

the crazy just escalates....

Yesterday, in London, I witnessed an eerie, chilling sight: I saw a death cult holding a ceremony in public.

The men and women gathered outside King’s Cross station and formed a circle. They swayed and chanted. They preached about End Times. ‘What will you do when the world gets hot, what, what?’, they intoned, conjuring up images of the hellfire they believe will shortly consume mankind. They sang hymns to their god – science. ‘We’ve got all the science / All that we need / To change the world / Hallelujah’, they sang, rocking side to side as they did so.

They demanded repentance. ‘Buy less, fly less, fry less’, said one placard. Catholics only demand the non-consumption of meat on Fridays, as an act of penance to mark the day of Christ’s death. This new religion demands an end to meat-consumption entirely, as penance for mankind’s sins of growth and progress.

And like all death cultists, they handed out leaflets that contained within them ‘THE TRUTH’. The leaflets foretell floods and fire: ‘We are in trouble. Sea levels are rising… Africa and the Amazon are on fire.’ The only word that was missing was locusts. They can’t be far behind these other ghastly visitations to sinful mankind.

And if you question their TRUTH? Then, like those heretics who were hauled before The Inquisition 500 years ago, you will be denounced as a denier. A denier of their revelations, a denier of their visions. ‘Denial is not a policy’, their placards decreed. Spotting me filming their spooky, apocalyptic ceremony, one of the attendees waved that placard in my face. A warning from the cult to a corrupted outsider.
    https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/1...ion-rebellion/

"What will we lose? Tracking climate change in Yellowstone"

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...ad9596cee.html

Time to get a new job Ron, no one believes your BSL anymore. Climate change is happening and we can see it. Denial no longer works. It is time to do something about it before we lose everything we care about. We must, and we can, cut greenhouse gas emissions to net zero.

When Smith walks around in Yellowstone’s old growth, he finds tree trunks so big he can’t get his arms around them. Some of them are 200 or 300 years old. Instead of having trees that old, climate projections for the rest of this century suggest trees may have have a hard time living to the century mark, Smith said.

“What climate change is going to do is it’s going to reduce everything to less than 50 (years old), surely less than 100,” Smith said. “We’re going to quickly burn up all the forest and everything is going to be a young age forest.”

Monica Turner, a scientist at the University of Wisconsin, has studied fire frequency in Yellowstone for years. She was part of a research team that published data in 2011 suggesting a major increase in fire frequency and a shrink in time between fires — maybe as short as 30 years or less. That prediction came true with the Maple fire in 2016, which burned more than 30,000 acres entirely within the 1988 burn scar.

That’s trouble even for the fire-adapted lodgepole pine, Turner said. In the early goings, that species may have an advantage for recovering from fire because its cones release seeds during a burn. But that advantage disappears if the trees start burning before they produce seed-bearing cones, Turner said.

But she agreed that the forests where Smith is looking for birds are in the most danger.

“It takes them a long time to regenerate after a fire,” Turner said. “The seed has to disperse from living trees that survive ... and then they’re going to have to establish in a warmer climate.”

A paper that’s expected to be published later this year that she worked on with Winslow Hansen, a postdoctoral fellow at Columbia University and Bozeman native, showed that the northern portion of Grand Teton National Park could lose up to 35% of its forested area to climate change.

But the same research shows a massive difference in what’s lost if the world stabilizes carbon emissions by mid-century.

“There’s still warming, but you don’t lose nearly as much forested area,” Turner said. “There is a decline but it wouldn’t be anywhere near as dramatic.”

If there is one thing I've learned more than anything else from this discussion, it's that people are are incredibly closed off to any POV that differs to their own.
    you're a fucking lying sack of shit you goat sucking cunt, that's why

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    these over the top bat shit crazy lunatics...are how the majority of the population see YOU!

^^^haaa funny but its true

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

https://medium.com/@TracyBrighten1/c...m-c4a0c7eab2ec

Brendan O'neill one of your heroes is he?

Just when you thought he couldn’t go lower than branding mental health sufferers as fakes who wear mental health issues like fashion accessories, Spiked magazine editor Brendan O’Neill has turned his sharp tongue on Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg. “This young woman sounds increasingly like a millenarian weirdo,” says O’Neill, likening the climate change activist to a cult leader with “monotone voice” and “the look of apocalyptic dread in her eyes”.

I’d like to think he writes this stuff to play devil’s advocate but in singling out the shy but determined teenager who has inspired school children around the world, I wonder if her climate change concerns have touched a nerve.

Environmental and political journalist George Monbiot highlights the potential reason for O’Neill’s insults, posting on Twitter. Monbiot has written before about the far right agenda pushed in the UK by the Koch brothers who fund Spiked magazine.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

"Fire, Floods and Power Outages: Our Climate Future Has Arrived
    "The most urgent imperative now is to turn our fear and frustration into votes."

Now we suffer the consequences.

In Northern California, power was cut to more than a million people this week. Near Houston, houses that flooded only two years ago just succumbed again. The South endured record-shattering fall heat waves. In Miami, salt water bubbled through street drains yet again as the rising ocean mounted a fresh assault.

All of it was predicted, in general outline, decades ago. We did not listen. Ideologues and paid shills cajoled us to ignore the warnings. Politicians cashed their checks from the fossil fuel lobbyists and slithered away.

Today, we act surprised as the climate emergency descends upon us in all its ferocity.

The scientists knew long ago, and told us, that the sea would invade the coasts. They knew a hotter atmosphere would send heavier rains to inundate our cities and farms. They knew the landscape of California, which always becomes desiccated in the late summer and early fall, would dry out more in a hotter climate.

But even the scientists did not quite foresee the way that bone-dry vegetation would turn into a firebomb waiting for a spark. California is the state that has done the most to battle the climate crisis, but that has not saved it from recent fires so ferocious they burned people alive.
    The most urgent imperative now is to turn our fear and frustration into votes.

The climate troglodytes must be thrown out of office, starting with Donald J. Trump. We need laws with teeth to propel the clean energy transition: hard targets, bans, taxes, mandates. We cannot stand back for another presidential election in which the Republican Party lies about this issue while the Democratic Party hides from it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/o....co/8b4nsFofdT

^^^ I am afraid that unless someone goes through a Santa Anna firestorm they will think that is more scare mongering.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Missus Tarantino View Post
    ^^^ I am afraid that unless someone goes through a Santa Anna firestorm they will think that is more scare mongering.
    Just because people aren't ready to hear the truth doesn't mean we shouldn't tell them the truth.

Also, people may not hear it yet but as there are more and more climate catastrophes and more and more news about them, it will start to sink in.

The number one thing any of us can do about the climate crisis is talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    "Fire, Floods and Power Outages: Our Climate Future Has Arrived
    "The most urgent imperative now is to turn our fear and frustration into votes."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/o....co/8b4nsFofdT
    This is such a fascinating quote because you so succinctly explained the climate change hoax and you don’t even realize it. They want you operating from a place of fear. They want you emotionally invested. That way you don’t think calmly and rationally and you are much more susceptible to the programming. Then they want you to behave in the manner they intended. Which is exactly what you are advocating.

By the way fire and floods have been around forever and they are very beneficial to the environment. And wouldn’t power failure be good because it causes global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    This is such a fascinating quote because you so succinctly explained the climate change hoax and you don’t even realize it. They want you operating from a place of fear. They want you emotionally invested. That way you don’t think calmly and rationally and you are much more susceptible to the programming. Then they want you to behave in the manner they intended. Which is exactly what you are advocating.

By the way fire and floods have been around forever and they are very beneficial to the environment. And wouldn’t power failure be good because it causes global warming.
    Dammit, I forgot the deniers were a bunch of very stable geniuses. Foiled again.

Who is "they" anyway?

Pot calling the kettle black. You are the one that has been programmed. I feel for your blindness and the need you feel to be a sycophant to the oligarchs you worship. They aren't going to reward you for getting on your knees and bowing to their protected riches.

I remember watching the flood of 2008 roll through town. Not a little flood mind you, the previous record had been 20 feet, the river went to 32 plus feet. It was like sending an out of the banks Mississippi river through our little blue collar town that normally handled a small somewhat unpredictable tributary with studied confidence. I have long understood climate science but what shook me to the core wasn't anything someone said, it was watching a city with what I thought at the time had first class infrastructure get partially destroyed by a rabid rain that went on and on and on. Right in front of my eyes. It shook me. It changed me. Just believing my eyes. Not the words of any man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Who the fuck are “They”?
    The scientists?
    Yeah, nefarious lot, they
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

You just explained the GOP's and Fox's political plan to a T...and they're the ones with their heads in the sand like you, go figure.

If you're a farmer in pharaonic Egypt flood good. Living in NOLA 9th ward, not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If you're a farmer in pharaonic Egypt flood good. Living in NOLA 9th ward, not so good.
    Pharaonic Egypt was thousands of years ago. So you just proved that flooding is nothing new. What human causes were creating those floods back then? None. So why would you say humans are creating floods now.

I am in no way making light of the tragic loss of life or property that environmental events cause, just pointing out the have been around forever.

Pharaonic Egypt was thousands of years ago. So you just proved that flooding is nothing new. What human causes were creating those floods back then? None. So why would you say humans are creating floods now.
    Talking about floods in a general sense, something you are right about, muddies the waters about climate change—something you are wrong about. The article, regardless of whether a person agrees, is making arguments about events in California, Miami, and Houston and the rising risks of an altered climate. The author is not saying these risks didn't exist in the past, instead it's that past risks are child’s play compared with current and future risks:

The scientists knew long ago, and told us, that the sea would invade the coasts. They knew a hotter atmosphere would send heavier rains to inundate our cities and farms. They knew the landscape of California, which always becomes desiccated in the late summer and early fall, would dry out more in a hotter climate.

But even the scientists did not quite foresee the way that bone-dry vegetation would turn into a firebomb waiting for a spark.

been one side of the country to the other and even out of the country in the past week and the tgr global warming thread is still going crazy.

things that make you go hmmm:

"NASA's page on solar influence clearly states that changes in the sun largely determine Earth's atmospheric and surface temperatures. Astrophysicists and climatologists measure these changes in the sun in terms of quantifiable phenomena such as sunspot activity and solar cycles.
    However, in recent times, NASA has succumbed to pressure from climate doomsday proponents. NASA's original page on the sun's impact on our climate system is now hidden from the public domain.
    With the advent of dangerous man-made global warming theory, CO2 has taken the limelight, and the sun has been relegated to a mere spectator.
    This could be warming-obsessed alarmists' biggest mistake ever.
    In central Europe, for example, temperature changes since 1990 coincided more with the changes in solar activity than with atmospheric CO2 concentration. The same has been true globally, and across centuries.
    The Maunder Minimum (1645–1715) and Dalton Minimum (1790–1830) — periods of low solar activity — were responsible for the coldest periods of the Little Ice Age. England's River Thames froze. Whole civilizations collapsed as people starved because cold-induced poor harvests led to malnutrition that made people too weak to resist disease. Likewise, increased solar activity in the Roman Warm Period (~250 B.C. to A.D. 400) and Medieval Warm Period (~A.D. 950–1250) brought warmer temperatures on Earth, and thriving crops led to greater nutrition and lower mortality rates.

Hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific papers affirm the overwhelming impact of solar activity on Earth's temperature."

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...te_threat.html
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !