Page 64 of 146 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Greta Thunberg is a stone cold BOSS
    She's a child with aspergers syndrome, characterized by anxiety and socialization issues, being manipulated by her left activist parents. Hilariously ironic that you are being lead by someone with a mental disorder.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

94 high in Balmer today (91 yesterday). Houston is underwater again. Glaciers are disappearing. Skicougs remains a dumbass.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    She's a child with aspergers syndrome, characterized by anxiety and socialization issues, being manipulated by her left activist parents. Hilariously ironic that you are being lead by someone with a mental disorder.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Using a rich, white child as a propaganda tool to frighten our children into thinking there is a looming climate catastrophe coming is akin to child abuse.

The left is actually doing more harm to environmentalism as a whole than good. By using the word "climate" in front of every environmental issue they are alienating a large portion of the populace. Focusing on environmental issues separately without politicized, biased speculation of rising oceans and other CO2 horrors is what we need. Stop using "climate/CO2" and banning fucking plastic straws as your main tool to save the world. You're doing it wrong.

And no one gives a shit that glaciers are melting. It's fucking ice. Good luck starting a movement based on a melting ice when people are living paycheck to paycheck. And no, winter is not going away. Two of the last three seasons in Tahoe had record breaking snowfall idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Using a rich, white child as a propaganda tool to frighten our children into thinking there is a looming climate catastrophe coming is akin to child abuse.

The left is actually doing more harm to environmentalism as a whole than good. By using the word "climate" in front of every environmental issue they are alienating a large portion of the populace. Focusing on environmental issues separately without politicized, biased speculation of rising oceans and other CO2 horrors is what we need. Stop using "climate/CO2" and banning fucking plastic straws as your main tool to save the world. You're doing it wrong.

And no one gives a shit that glaciers are melting. It's fucking ice. Good luck starting a movement based on a melting ice when people are living paycheck to paycheck. And no, winter is not going away. Two of the last three seasons in Tahoe had record breaking snowfall idiots.
    That’s remarkably stupid.

Please post more nonsensical hate.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

If I am still alive in 30 years I will laugh in your stupid face except that by then the joke will no longer be funnez. You should stick to jerking off over your gunz.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    If I am still alive in 30 years I will laugh in your stupid face except that by then the joke will no longer be funnez. You should stick to jerking off over your gunz.
    do you think it's acceptable to traumatize a child with aspergers that the world is going to end in 10-12 years?

btw, she's not a child anymore. she's 16 and in norway that is age of consent. norwegians are a little freaky but not as freaky as germans (14).

do you think it's acceptable to traumatize a child with aspergers that the world is going to end in 10-12 years?

btw, she's not a child anymore. she's 16 and in norway that is age of consent. norwegians are a little freaky but not as freaky as germans (14).
    You just contradicted yourself entirely.

Again with 0 sense made

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    No one gives a shit what you listen to or read, most here do care, because we know how critical the cryosphere is.
    The issue is the "fucking morons" living paycheck to paycheck are the "fucking morons" that deny global warming AND vote for Dump...ironic...
    2 of 3 good snow years proves AGW is Fake News. Yaaaaaaa!!!!

I do have to give the GOP props for how well they can brainwash idiots into voting against their best interest, bravo.
    Last edited by k2skier112; 09-23-2019 at 10:19 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    You just contradicted yourself entirely.

Again with 0 sense made

No her parents started on her early. Try to catch up.

This new push that Greta is a leftist plot is hilarious and sad. Not sure if they are right wing or just idiots posing as such. Seems they are getting desperate to be heard. It isn't 2016 anymore, you got your wish for chaos granted and it is now turning against you. We are coming for your carbon, not your guns.....hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    This new push that Greta is a leftist plot is hilarious and sad. Not sure if they are right wing or just idiots posing as such. Seems they are getting desperate to be heard. It isn't 2016 anymore, you got your wish for chaos granted and it is now turning against you. We are coming for your carbon, not your guns.....hahaha
    It's not a plot, it just evolved into what it is. What is sad is freaking kids out that the world in going to end in 10 years. This generation is being properly mindfucked. Let's check the teen suicide rates in a few years.

In a few years is now. Suicides and school shootings are the new normal. Wake the fuck up already. They are more aware because they are rejecting the propaganda that boomers feasted on. They might have a chance if their grandparents just fucking died and took their fantasy of post ww2 living with them.

It's not a plot, it just evolved into what it is. What is sad is freaking kids out that the world in going to end in 10 years. This generation is being properly mindfucked. Let's check the teen suicide rates in a few years.
    Concern trolling is weak. Is this really the best response the pro CO2 crowd could come up with?

Why not just dunk on Greta? Maybe take a victory lap over exponential CO2 growth?

You guys are winning, after all. Spoiler, we're adding more CO2 at an accelerating rate:

Value September 2019: 408.50 ppm
    Value from 1 year ago: 405.67 ppm
    Value from 10 years ago: 384.59 ppm

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/mlo.html

https://www.co2levels.org/

It's pretty pathetic that people would be triggered by a kid that has more courage and conviction than they ever will.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...-movement.html

Right wing talking points never approach reality.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's pretty pathetic that people would be triggered by a kid that has more courage and conviction than they ever will.
    Flat out stunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...-movement.html

Right wing talking points never approach reality.
    Truth.

Crazy times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

At a certain point, when you have a minority opinion, you have to look around and realize that you are most likely wrong. To keep trying to convince yourself you're right and only a small body of people know about some conspiracy, or that you're a "silent majority," or any other rationalization IS FUCKING CRAZY.

Especially in America where, as a country, we're pretty slow to come around to stuff. Slavery, women's suffrage, segregation, (and today) healthcare, and global warming: the most of the rest of the First World was ahead of us on this shit.

The only issue I can think of where the US, or at least parts of it, was anywhere near the forefront was Gay Marriage. Probably because it's effects have been so un-life-altering to most people.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Really?
    Everything I read* says we need to take strong action over the next 10-12 years. Strong action to change course so the world isn't fucked over the next few centuries. E.g. we're accelerating towards a cliff, we need to stop accelerating, and start slowing down. A few regions have stopped accelerating. Overall the world continues to increase the rate of acceleration - our politicians are positively jerks.

* Organizations with journalists, e.g. BBC, LA Times, so forth. Occasionally a scientific report as well. This isn't "news." It was news decades ago.
    Here's a recent one, oceans warming, rising:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-49773869
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Really?
    Everything I read* says we need to take strong action over the next 10-12 years. Strong action to change course so the world isn't fucked over the next few centuries. E.g. we're accelerating towards a cliff, we need to stop accelerating, and start slowing down. A few regions have stopped accelerating. Overall the world continues to increase the rate of acceleration - our politicians are positively jerks.

* Organizations with journalists, e.g. BBC, LA Times, so forth. Occasionally a scientific report as well. This isn't "news." It was news decades ago.
    Here's a recent one, oceans warming, rising:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-49773869
    Everything I've seen says we're fucked regardless.

34.5 gigatons added to the natural emissions of 750 gigaton. That's what we humans produce and that's the additional load the ecosystem can't handle.

The ‘scaring children with dire predictions ‘ protest is so laughable on so many levels it’s almost worth having trolls around for comic relief. Presumably the poster has his/her/its children in Skinner boxes and outfitted with Tommy-era headgear to ensure they’re not exposed to anything one way or another until they’re prepared (tabula raza) to emerge into the world prepared for them by similarly willfully ignorant adults. “Teach your children well” replaced by “Fox News or nothing.”

But most importantly, when have sensible children ever done what their parents told them to do? “Feed them on your dreams, the one they pick’s the one you’ll know by”

I read this article recently & found it interesting....IME the more histrionic arguments inspire the base but just turn off the middle grounders completely. Hedges to manage risk are properly seen as a conservative approach.

When asked why I changed my mind about federal climate policy, this is a large part of my answer. Building an argument against climate action upon a forceful claim about the most likely outcome of greenhouse gas emissions is to build an argument upon analytic sand.

You don’t have to believe with all your heart that the worst-case scenario is sure to happen. You just have to understand that it is one possible outcome. And that we should not be making policy based on an assumption that we are certain of this or that outcome.

We managed to get through the cold war and mutually assured destruction without losing our shit completely.

Well some of us did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Everything I've seen says we're fucked regardless.

34.5 gigatons added to the natural emissions of 750 gigaton. That's what we humans produce and that's the additional load the ecosystem can't handle.
    Meh...set your goal post lower if it works for you. Could we save a powder day? A powder hour? I mean the difference between a rainy and a powder day can be a fraction of a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by ms ann thrope View Post
    The ‘scaring children with dire predictions ‘ protest is so laughable on so many levels it’s almost worth having trolls around for comic relief. Presumably the poster has his/her/its children in Skinner boxes and outfitted with Tommy-era headgear to ensure they’re not exposed to anything one way or another until they’re prepared (tabula raza) to emerge into the world prepared for them by similarly willfully ignorant adults. “Teach your children well” replaced by “Fox News or nothing.”

But most importantly, when have sensible children ever done what their parents told them to do? “Feed them on your dreams, the one they pick’s the one you’ll know by”

Brilliant. My stepson experiences the world so much differently than I do. Hard for us to relate. I could go on but that song says it all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1967: Dire Famine Forecast By 1975
    1969: Everyone Will Disappear In a Cloud Of Blue Steam By 1989 (1969)
    1970: Ice Age By 2000
    1970: America Subject to Water Rationing By 1974 and Food Rationing By 1980
    1971: New Ice Age Coming By 2020 or 2030
    1972: New Ice Age By 2070
    1974: Space Satellites Show New Ice Age Coming Fast
    1974: Another Ice Age?
    1974: Ozone Depletion a ‘Great Peril to Life
    1976: Scientific Consensus Planet Cooling, Famines imminent
    1980: Acid Rain Kills Life In Lakes
    1978: No End in Sight to 30-Year Cooling Trend
    1988: Regional Droughts (that never happened) in 1990s
    1988: Temperatures in DC Will Hit Record Highs
    1988: Maldive Islands will Be Underwater by 2018 (they’re not)
    1989: Rising Sea Levels will Obliterate Nations if Nothing Done by 2000
    1989: New York City’s West Side Highway Underwater by 2019 (it’s not)
    2000: Children Won’t Know what Snow Is
    2002: Famine In 10 Years If We Don’t Give Up Eating Fish, Meat, and Dairy
    2004: Britain will Be Siberia by 2024
    2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
    2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
    2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
    2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
    2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
    2013: Arctic Ice-Free by 2015
    2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
    1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
    1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
    1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
    1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
    1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 90s
    1980: Peak Oil In 2000
    1996: Peak Oil in 2020
    2002: Peak Oil in 2010
    2006: Super Hurricanes!
    2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
    1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
    1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
    1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
    1970s: Killer Bees!
    2017: Marijuana grow houses using massive amounts of electricity for heat, light and ventilation and CO2 generation cause accelerated glacier melt and shortened winters. Most people don't care being mellowed using product of said grow houses.