Page 39 of 146 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    to that, the infamous Dr. Mann:

"A climate Alarmist Sued a Skeptic for Defamation – and Lost"

https://www.libertynation.com/a-clim...tion-and-lost/

"Canadian engineer Stephen McIntyre spent several years after the publication of the hockey stick graph trying to prove that it was faulty. He ultimately prevailed – but, during this debacle, Mann engaged in what many have described as intellectually dishonest or even fraudulent behavior. He refused to release the full data and source files that he used in his infamous 1999 publication.
    In 2011, Tim Ball summarized this by stating that Michael Mann “belonged in a pen, not in Penn University.” This statement was the basis for Mann’s defamation lawsuit."
    Libertynation? Really? Meanwhile in real science land instead of Liberty Bible Science land..

Climate myths: The 'hockey stick' graph has been proven wrong

ronjohnson's past TGR permabanned life was also really big on that hockey stick criticism..
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 08-31-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

ronGhostofSeasonsPastjohnson

Who's this ron johnson nerd?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Who's this ron johnson nerd?
    I know what a Johnson is--it's a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Why do you still post on this forum? You've been banned under at least one other screen name.
    Nope. All you guys have to do to get me to stop posting is to stop posting nonsense in this thread. The only reason I made an account is because I got too frustrated reading all the drivel in this thread with no one around to refute it.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Nope. All you guys have to do to get me to stop posting is to stop posting nonsense in this thread. The only reason I made an account is because I got too frustrated reading all the drivel in this thread with no one around to refute it.
    Well at some point you might realize that all you're doing is shouting "the Earth is FLAT." Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Well at some point you might realize that all you're doing is shouting "the Earth is FLAT." Good luck with that.
    Take a look back in the thread, then get back to me which side most closely resembles the flat eathers. Actually, to save time, all you have to do is look at the last 2 pages of hurricane discussion.

Take a look back in the thread, then get back to me which side most closely resembles the flat eathers. Actually, to save time, all you have to do is look at the last 2 pages of hurricane discussion.
    I knew Galileo*. You sir are no Galileo.

*Actually slightly before my time, but I feel like I knew him.

Nope. All you guys have to do to get me to stop posting is to stop posting nonsense in this thread. The only reason I made a NEW SOCK PUPPET account is because I got too frustrated after being banned for posting the same totally debunked bullshit over and over an over....
    it.

Fixed it for you Kook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ee0f7cf745aea722029abf420a79f868.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	433.7 KB 
ID:	292819  
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 09-01-2019 at 12:18 PM.

The only reason I made an account is because I got too frustrated reading all the drivel in this thread with no one around to refute it.
    So let me get this straight, you never had an account? You just dropped by and read all the bullshit that gets posted here for several years, years in which you endured that shitty default white background when you are not signed in. Then one day you happen upon a Climate Change thread, one of about a dozen and you said to yourself, "self, these people have it wrong and it is up to me to correct them".

Fuck you.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

he felt a calling... his powers were needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    So let me get this straight, you never had an account? You just dropped by and read all the bullshit that gets posted here for several years, years in which you endured that shitty default white background when you are not signed in. Then one day you happen upon a Climate Change thread, one of about a dozen and you said to yourself, "self, these people have it wrong and it is up to me to correct them".

Fuck you.
    Hey, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. That's what superheroes are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Fuck you.
    I have lurked in the ski forum for a few years. I never bothered with any of the other forums. This is the only climate thread I've seen on here because it started in the ski forum and then got moved. It took many annoyances reading this thread before I finally caved and made an account.

I have the same white background signed in or not signed in. How do I get a good one?

use the force, ron....

I have lurked in the ski forum for a few years. I never bothered with any of the other forums. This is the only climate thread I've seen on here because it started in the ski forum and then got moved. It took many annoyances reading this thread before I finally caved and made an account.

I have the same white background signed in or not signed in. How do I get a good one?
    We'd show you in detail, but you'd just try to show us how we're wrong. When were you first diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

"Hurricane Dorian Becomes the 5th Atlantic Category 5 in 4 Years"

Hurricane Dorian intensified into a Category 5 on Sunday morning, becoming the fifth Atlantic hurricane in the past four years to reach this highest level on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.

Dorian's intensification into a Category 5 marked the fourth year in a row the Atlantic basin has had at least one hurricane reach that strength. That's the most consecutive years on record with at least one Category 5 in the Atlantic, topping a three-year stretch from 2003 to 2005.
    https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...y-five-history

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    "Hurricane Dorian Becomes the 5th Atlantic Category 5 in 4 Years"

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane...y-five-history
    Pffft we had just as many cat 5s 40 years ago and just didn't realize it. Just ask ghost of season past johnson..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Pffft we had just as many cat 5s 40 years ago and just didn't realize it. Just ask ghost of season past johnson..
    With you being the wikipedia hurricanes data guy, I'm sure you know that there were six category 4 or 5 landfalls from 1928-1935.

It's funny how salty you guys get because someone comes in and interrupts your little circle jerk. You guys can't refute my points so you are left resorting to insults and conspiring about who I must be.

I'm sure you are the same people that disparage those that get their news from Fox, but you somehow feel enlightened because your news comes from MSNBC, NYT, etc. Newsflash for you- all major news sources are compromised. This means you actually have to use some brain power to interpret whats really going on. It seems most of you are incapable of this.

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain

"There is really no such thing as an honest newspaper in America; if it were set up tomorrow it would perish within a month. Every journal, however rich and powerful, is the trembling slave of higher powers, some financial, some religious and some political." - H.L. Mencken

"Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper." - George Orwell

To Recap the current state of affairs according to the most recent research:

- Attributing an individual storm on a micro level to climate change at large is all but impossible

- On a macro level however, in 2018 arctic sea ice volume based on satellite data was just slightly greater than 2017, essentially tied as the lowest volume on record

- The climate has changed a lot in the past. But unlike in the Holocene past (our present epoch) when warming and cooling was not uniform across the planet; the late 20th century stands out because record-high temperatures are found simultaneously over almost the entire globe

- Throughout the last 2,000 years, external factors such as volcanic eruptions or solar activity were not intense enough to cause markedly warm or cold temperatures across the whole world for decades, or even centuries

- Now, 98 per cent of the Earth’s surface is affected by the recent past decades change in climate

- Global temperatures in the 20th century are higher than ever before in at least 2,000 years

- A Holocene warming period is now affecting the whole planet at the same time for the first time and the speed of global warming has never been as high as it is today

President Trump:
    "I'm not sure that I've ever even heard of the Category 5. I knew it existed, and I've seen some category 4s -- you don't even see them that much but the category 5 is something that I don't know that I've ever even heard the term other than I know it's there."
    Peter Gleick:
    It's not just that Trump is incapable of empathy and grossly ignorant. It's that he's uneducable.
    This is the fourth Category 5 hurricane since he took office.
    Honestly Ron(cementhead?), over the last few days of reading this I’ve realized it takes a special mind of conspiracy nut to be convinced the entire scientific community, minus a few complete quacks who ply fast and loose with data, are in on a grand conspiracy and only you have it figured out.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Attributing an individual storm on a micro level to climate change at large is all but impossible
    Yep.

- On a macro level however, in 2018 arctic sea ice volume based on satellite data was just slightly greater than 2017, essentially tied as the lowest volume on record
    2012 is lowest volume on record. It's still a bit too early to say where 2019 will rank, but right now it looks comparable to 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2007.

- The climate has changed a lot in the past. But unlike in the Holocene past (our present epoch) when warming and cooling was not uniform across the planet; the late 20th century stands out because record-high temperatures are found simultaneously over almost the entire globe

- Throughout the last 2,000 years, external factors such as volcanic eruptions or solar activity were not intense enough to cause markedly warm or cold temperatures across the whole world for decades, or even centuries

- Now, 98 per cent of the Earth’s surface is affected by the recent past decades change in climate

- Global temperatures in the 20th century are higher than ever before in at least 2,000 years

- A Holocene warming period is now affecting the whole planet at the same time for the first time and the speed of global warming has never been as high as it is today
    Once again, you cannot state all of this with this level of confidence. You are putting way to much faith into the one study you like. There are hundreds of studies showing the Medieval Warm Period was a global phenomenon and had temperatures warmer than today. This site tracks all these studies related to the MWP: http://www.co2science.org/data/mwp/mwpp.php

Name:  mwpquantitative.gif
Views: 258
Size:  17.2 KB
    Figure Description: The distribution, in 0.5°C increments, of Level 1 Studies that allow one to identify the degree by which peak Medieval Warm Period temperatures either exceeded (positive values, red) or fell short of (negative values, blue) peak Current Warm Period temperatures.

Name:  mwpqualitative.gif
Views: 257
Size:  13.9 KB
    Figure Description: The distribution of Level 2 Studies that allow one to determine whether peak Medieval Warm Period temperatures were warmer than (red), equivalent to (green), or cooler than (blue), peak Current Warm Period temperatures.

2012 is lowest volume on record. It's still a bit too early to say where 2019 will rank, but right now it looks comparable to 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2011, 2007.

Once again, you cannot state all of this with this level of confidence. You are putting way to much faith into the one study you like. There are hundreds of studies showing the Medieval Warm Period was a global phenomenon and had temperatures warmer than today. This site tracks all these studies related to the MWP: http://www.co2science.org/data/mwp/mwpp.php
    - If you want to cherry pick a relatively short time frame and then say everything is fine, that's up to you, but over the preceding forty years, from 1979 to 2010, the volume of sea ice in the Arctic declined by between 55% and 65%.

Now, the area of ice covering the Arctic ocean is hovering around record lows. Sure, go ahead and say the low occurred in 2017, or whenever over the past decade, but each of those years is considerably lower then the 150 years that came before.

-- It's not just one study. It's multiple studies derived from a new more comprehensive database of climate records.

These recent findings from 2019 are based on 700 climate records in an open-access database. The records come from glacial ice, ocean sediments, tree rings, corals and other sources. The resource allows scientists to recreate wide snapshots of global climate that would have been extremely difficult just a few short years ago.

---- In contrast, your source "co2science," according to IRS records, is funded by entities like the ExxonMobil Foundation and Peabody Energy, America’s biggest coal mining company. Co2science sharply disputes the consensus scientific opinion on climate change, while at the same time also believing that global warming will be beneficial to mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    President Trump:
    Peter Gleick:

Honestly Ron(cementhead?), over the last few days of reading this I’ve realized it takes a special mind of conspiracy nut to be convinced the entire scientific community, minus a few complete quacks who ply fast and loose with data, are in on a grand conspiracy and only you have it figured out.
    The thing is, the entire "scientific community consensus" is a fabrication that gets parroted by the media. This has already been posted: https://climatechangedispatch.com/97...-97-consensus/

There is way too much nuance to the subject for a blanket statement like "global warming is real and humans are causing warming." The real questions are how much warming are humans responsible for? And how dangerous is it? The reality is no one can answer those two questions. Many might think they know, but the answer cannot be proven. I personally don't think human caused warming is likely to be catastrophic, but that has never been the point I am trying to make in this thread. The point I've been trying to make is that you are constantly being lied to on this subject. Whether its about heat waves, tornadoes, floods, fires, droughts, hurricanes, record temperatures, or that current renewable tech can save us. I cannot be proven wrong on these things because the facts are on my side. If you are constantly being lied to about this stuff, why is it impossible to believe the entire scheme can't be a lie?

Believe it or not, but I actually do care about the environment and the actions of the alarmist camp bother me because if they end up being wrong about CAGW, their actions will have crippled the faith of society on environmental movements in the future.

A perfect example of a scientific consensus failing society is the lipid hypothesis from the 1970s and 80s where scientists postulated a link between blood cholesterol levels and heart disease. Some of the proponents of this theory were influenced by their ideologies (vegatarianism). Sound familiar? It led to the demonization of dietary fat, the alteration of national dietary guidelines, and ended up causing people to consume more low fat ultra processed junk food. We see the consequences of this today - obesity, diabetes, etc.

RJ, GSP, says Fox is news, lmfao. It's opinions at best. Reaffirming your established beliefs really, Fox is news, lol.