Page 71 of 146 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    how can it be that the IPCC is introducing solar particle forcing to the models in 2022? and how can all the previous models be accurate without it? i thought the science was settled!
    [/url]
    The tooth brush was pretty well figured out a while ago, but they keep working on it. What gives?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

What is it that climate science deniers want? Do they want $0.99 gas? Do they want dirty air? Do they want to stop funding scientists because they think it is a waste of resources? If they cared about wasting resources, why roll back the emissions standards on new cars and trucks?

Or do they not actually want anything, and their denial is just the result of a perfectly executed misinformation campaign by the people who stand to lose from tighter controls on pollution?

What are the policy goals climate change deniers have? What do you guys want?

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

They want an idiocracy so they can be idiots. Fat and happy idiots.

Actually I take it back, the deniers (of all these issues) want one thing. More money. Solutions cost money which is perceived as new taxes. Which is believed as less of a chance to have more money than they have now. Money makes them fat and happy.
    Last edited by simple; 09-25-2019 at 07:49 AM.

There is an article floating around this morning that Italian geologists are very concerned that Mont Blanc is in imminent danger of collapsing. Evidently the glacier is moving between 30 and 50 cm per day

https://apple.news/ALa02c4bCRFW5fLxTnW6fcA
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    They want an idiocracy so they can be idiots. Fat and happy idiots.

Actually I take it back, the deniers (of all these issues) want one thing. More money. Solutions cost money which is perceived as new taxes. Which is believed as less of a chance to have more money than they have now. Money makes them fat and happy.
    The people pushing the false narrative are doing it to protect their wealth. The people buying into the false narrative view AGW as an attack on their way of life. Which is odd since their way of life is more or less indistinguishable from our way of life. It shows how effective the messaging is and how seductive the politics of division is.

It could be said I also view the rights inaction as an attack on my way of life even if my Republican friends more or less live life like I do.

The sooner we realize we are all in this together the better but that seems to be a high hurdle at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Ok, you don't agree.

So how do we cut global emissions in half by 2030 and to net zero by 2050? What is your solution?
    Holy shit man, your reading comprehension is causing me pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    But not a word about ever rising insurance premiums or other costs associated with AGW influenced weather related destruction. Nobody is telling them to be pissed about that apparently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd like to add something to this discussion.
    Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  273.6 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    #reddit

#festivalsluts?
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    There is an article floating around this morning that Italian geologists are very concerned that Mont Blanc is in imminent danger of collapsing. Evidently the glacier is moving between 30 and 50 cm per day

https://apple.news/ALa02c4bCRFW5fLxTnW6fcA
    Stop with the alarmist headlines. like this..

Mont Blanc glacier could collapse at any moment, Italy warns

It's really no big deal. This kind of shit happens all the time, hardly unprecedented. Happens every other day... I mean every other hundred thousand years or whatever. No big deal!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    What is it that climate science deniers want? Do they want $0.99 gas? Do they want dirty air? Do they want to stop funding scientists because they think it is a waste of resources? If they cared about wasting resources, why roll back the emissions standards on new cars and trucks?

Or do they not actually want anything, and their denial is just the result of a perfectly executed misinformation campaign by the people who stand to lose from tighter controls on pollution?

What are the policy goals climate change deniers have? What do you guys want?

sent from Utah.
    their only goal is to blindly follow Fox, and to make Liberals cry
    #winning

Mindless tribalism
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    i'd like to do neither thank you. now if Jennifer Anniston is offering that, just let me know where to make my climate alarmist donation.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    If mt. blanc fails will the pens go on sale?
    What's the point of that? I'd imagine the whole inventory would need to be written off then.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

allright skoug, as a resident conservatard, what are the right's policy goals with regard to global warming? The old tropes have changed, used to be,
    1. It's not happening, it's a hoax. We shouldn't do anything.
    2. Climate change is happening, but human's don't have anything to do with it. We shouldn't change anything.
    3. Maybe it's happening, but I'm not a scientist, we shouldn't do anything. (you could, you know, listen to the scientists?)
    4. It's too late to do anything, we shouldn't do anything.

Meanwhile all major corporations and government entities with significant budgets and bottom lines that will be impacted by the change are deveoping plans to deal with the changes that the scientists say is already happening. Defense department? Check. Car companies? Check.

Even oil companies saw the writing on the wall with their own internally funded studies, and began making strategic changes. Their strategies involved sowing disinformation and doubt and lining the pockets of politicians.

The irony here is deep, the people that actually don't believe it is happening, or that we can do anything about it, owe those beliefs to a campaign of misinformation that was developed AS A DIRECT RESULT of oil companies understanding that the threat was real!
    sigless.

A discounted Mont Blonghhhh would be a nice feather in the cap's alls I'm sayin.
    I've got a few. I don't write much anymore and I'm afraid someone will take it or I will leave it lying around somewhere. IMHO a Space pen works just as nice. Its all about the pressurized cartridge. The fountain pens are good, but im a lefty so smudge city.

Considering that the US and Europe have reduced emissions recently while China’s has doubled and India’s has gone up 150%

Why is the focus on Europe and US?

It’s almost as if this is not about climate at all.

Could the left be using climate to usher in political change? No way they would do something so dishonest!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    allright skoug, as a resident conservatard, what are the right's policy goals with regard to global warming? The old tropes have changed, used to be,
    2. Climate change is happening, but human's don't have anything to do with it. We shouldn't change anything.
    3. Maybe it's happening, but I'm not a scientist, we shouldn't do anything. (you could, you know, listen to the scientists?)

Meanwhile all major corporations and government entities with significant budgets and bottom lines that will be impacted by the change are deveoping plans to deal with the changes that the scientists say is already happening. Defense department? Check. Car companies? Check.

Even oil companies saw the writing on the wall with their own internally funded studies, and began making strategic changes. Their strategies involved sowing disinformation and doubt and lining the pockets of politicians.

The irony here is deep, the people that actually don't believe it is happening, or that we can do anything about it, owe those beliefs to a campaign of misinformation that was developed AS A DIRECT RESULT of oil companies understanding that the threat was real!
    as the posters who have paid attention to me in this thread will note, I have mainly taken shots and mocked the alarmists and I believe I have yet to make a point for those who do not believe CO2 is a serious threat as I know it will not go anywhere here; but since you addressed me directly.

for these:

>>I do believe that climate changes, but as CO2 0.0391 percent of the atmosphere and human contribute about 1% of that, I do not believe people are having an affect at that rate and certainly not more than cows and dogs.
    I am for continuing to decrease the amount of CO2 emitted as the usa has been doing for decades, unlike China; to decrease it as a pollutant; not because glaciers are going to disappear. The sea level rise has barely been measurable over the past 100 years as use of CO2 by people increased and about every democratic candidate is ready to bankrupt the usa; idiots.

my non CO2 solutions include increasing nuclear energy, having china and india and most of Africa commit to taking measures reduce CO2 pollution. until those 3 happen, anything the usa would do is a farce and btw, the reports of extreme measures taken by the usa would not have measureable effects in most cases.

but you guys keep on, keeping on with this thread; it's very amusing.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

More people= more emissions

Country Total Emissions Per Capita Emissions
    China 9.04 billion 6.59
    United States 5.00 billion 15.53
    India 2.07 billion 1.58
    Russia 1.47 billion 10.19

vs. more emissions per person.

The "yeah but China" argument is fail.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

If mt. blanc fails will the pens go on sale?
    Meh.. who writes letters these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    as the posters who have paid attention to me in this thread will note, I have mainly taken shots and mocked the alarmists and I believe I have yet to make a point for those who do not believe CO2 is a serious threat as I know it will not go anywhere here; but since you addressed me directly.

for these:

>>I do believe that climate changes, but as CO2 0.0391 percent of the atmosphere and human contribute about 1% of that, I do not believe people are having an affect at that rate and certainly not more than cows and dogs.
    I am for continuing to decrease the amount of CO2 emitted as the usa has been doing for decades, unlike China; to decrease it as a pollutant; not because glaciers are going to disappear. The sea level rise has barely been measurable over the past 100 years as use of CO2 by people increased and about every democratic candidate is ready to bankrupt the usa; idiots.

my non CO2 solutions include increasing nuclear energy, having china and india and most of Africa commit to taking measures reduce CO2 pollution. until those 3 happen, anything the usa would do is a farce and btw, the reports of extreme measures taken by the usa would not have measureable effects in most cases.

but you guys keep on, keeping on with this thread; it's very amusing.
    I addressed you directly because I do not think you are a troll unlike some of the other posters.

Per your belief that humans are not making an impact, 97% of climate scientists say that we are making an impact. If 97 doctors told you smoking was going to kill you, and 3 tobacco drs told you it was fine, would you try to quit?

I should have added China is polluting so why should we stop to my list.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Considering that the US and Europe have reduced emissions recently while China’s has doubled and India’s has gone up 150%

Why is the focus on Europe and US?

It’s almost as if this is not about climate at all.

Could the left be using climate to usher in political change? No way they would do something so dishonest!
    Or you could be full of shit.

MICHAEL MANN: "Can I make a quick comment there as well? Because critics will often point to China, they'll say, 'Why should we do anything when China isn't acting?' Well, that's just not true. Actually, China is doing far more than we are. They’re investing massively in renewable energy, they flooded the global marketplace with cheap solar panels, and they're decommissioning coal-fired power plants - not only not building new ones but taking them offline until we elected a president that says, 'Guess what? I'm pulling out of the Paris accord. I’m not going to do our part.' And that sent the signal to other actors like China, 'Well, if the U.S. isn't doing it, we don't have to.' We have seen carbon emissions now go up in China. They're starting to build coal-fired power plants again. That's the damage that was done by Trump's inaction."

https://news.grabien.com/story-michael-mann-china-doing-way-more-we-are-climate-change

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    >>I do believe that climate changes, but as CO2 0.0391 percent of the atmosphere
    A nugget of truth, battered in bullshit and deep-fried to perfection.

Methane is only 0.00018% of the atmosphere, no reason to be worried about that. CFCs are only 0.0000001% of the atmosphere, no reason to worry about those either.

Does it hurt to be this fucking dumb?

OK now this one is actually funny....
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!