Page 63 of 146 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3644
    Is anyone global striking today?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Is anyone global striking today?
    See my post. Both my sons did.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    well, well, well....only found in finnish at the moment. i wonder why?

Climate guru Petteri Taalas: Climate change is not yet out of control, but the debate is - "It has the features of a religious extremism"

https://www.talouselama.fi/uutiset/i...d-b027a403e106
    If our fucking PLANET is not worth getting over-zealous about, what is?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I don't have finnish translated so can't comment on exactly who he is claming the zealots are, but here is what Taalas published in 2017, so it's pretty clear what his thoughts are on AGW and climate change.

Working as one UN to address the root environmental causes of ill health.
    Chan M1, Solheim E2, Taalas P3.
    Bull World Health Organ. 2017 Jan 1;95(1):2. doi: 10.2471/BLT.16.189225.

There are many compelling reasons why we need to clean up the global environment. One of the most pressing is that a polluted environment is a deadly one. Every year, almost 12.6 million people die from diseases associated with environmental hazards, such as air, water or soil pollution, and climate change.1 That is one in four deaths worldwide.1

We now know that the single greatest environmental risk to human health is through our most basic need – the air that we breathe.1 For years, governments have struggled to improve access to energy so they can promote economic development. But the largely unsustainable energy path that the world has followed has come at an unacceptable cost. Air pollution, overwhelmingly resulting from energy production and use, causes heart and lung diseases and cancer, resulting in approximately 6.5 million deaths each year.2

The energy sources that cause the release of deadly air pollutants, such as black carbon, also release greenhouse gases, including methane and carbon dioxide. Together, these drive climate change, which threatens to undermine all of the environmental conditions on which human lives depend – food, water, and shelter.3

By 2050, 66% of the world’s population will live in urban areas, which are often characterized by pollution as well as heavy traffic, poor housing, limited access to water and sanitation services and other health risks.4

Environmental risks to health, like many of the challenges facing our world, are too complex and interconnected to be dealt with by simplistic, short-term solutions or by individual actors. That’s why the 2030 agenda for sustainable development, adopted by all countries, is so important. This, the world’s first ever global development plan, offers a unique opportunity for coherent, long-term action by all of society for all of society.5

Many governments are now bringing several ministries and departments together, for example linking up environment, climate and health sectors, to take joint action. We saw this recently at the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change when ministers of health and environment answered a call by the Government of Morocco to sign the Marrakech Ministerial Declaration on Health, Environment and Climate Change.6 The declaration recognizes that there is currently no global mechanism to bring the environment and health sectors together to work on saving lives and protecting the planet, and calls on the relevant United Nations (UN) agencies to put a mechanism in place.6

The challenge now is to follow up this declaration with actions.

Simple interventions, such as reducing vehicle emissions and investments in rapid transit systems, will save lives. Benin, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria and Togo have committed to introduce low sulphur fuels by July 2017. Athens, Madrid, Mexico City and Paris plan to ban diesel vehicles by 2025. Implementing proven interventions to address short-lived climate pollutants could save over 2.4 million lives a year, and reduce global warming by approximately 0.5 C, by 2050.7 In many cases the benefits will more than cover the cost of intervention.

Failure to take into account the health impacts of air pollution and other environmental damages is estimated to amount to a US$ 5.3 trillion dollar subsidy to polluting energy sources.8 Failure to protect populations from environmental risks is not just a human cost, but places an additional strain on health services. Health service-related cost is among the largest financial burdens for governments and individuals.

Just as it is in both the individual and the collective interest of countries and ministries to work together to address complex problems, it is essential for all UN agencies to work more closely together to support them.

The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) are working together to support countries to follow through on the aims of the Marrakech Declaration. We are committed to joining our technical and financial resources behind a single environment and health plan. Air pollution will be our first priority due to the huge health impacts that it causes, as well as its close links with other risks, such as climate change and chemical contamination.

Each of us will bring our wealth of expertise in either climate, health or environment. WMO, through national meteorological agencies and their network of ground and remote-sensing stations, provides the essential data on climate, and air quality conditions, and facilitates the delivery of related weather and climate services. UNEP works with Member States' Ministries of Environment and other key policy-makers to help prevent and reverse environmental degradation, thereby supporting individuals and communities. WHO, with national Ministries of Health, monitors and assesses health exposures and health impacts, and provides guidance on how to reduce them.

By June 2017 our agencies will have developed a joint plan, seeking wider engagement from other agencies and from the scientific, environment and health communities at large. In the words of the African proverb: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
    Whether or not you think this is alarmism is more likely a product of how long you've been paying attention.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Climate marchers going past the office right now.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Trump eschewing climate change summit at UN next week but instead hosting a forum on religious freedom there at same time.

Because apparently no one can prove climate change. like they can the baby Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    religious freedom
    This regime wouldn't understand religious freedom if it bit them in the face...
    https://www.apnews.com/430e62044dba43daa3f2332792cd97b2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Anyone climate striking today?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

Nope but I drove around 100 miles to pick up a couple of different types of seed to help stabilized areas that have been disturbed and are subject to erosion unless re-vegetated.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I'm only streaming acoustic music today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

We had 2000 people in Bozeman today in a heavy rain and temps in the high 40's. Probably would have had twice as many on a sunny day. Way to represent Bozeman!! This movement is growing and won't be stopped!!

Pics or it didn’t happen

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Pics or it didn’t happen
    Name:  IMG_0011.JPG
Views: 502
Size:  240.5 KB

I didn't take any as I was one of the organizers, but here is one during the march.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    Both my sons and many more Baltimore youth are marching to City Hall today. So proud of them.

Those that still deny global warming/climate change can go fuck themselves. The world passes you by...

and any alarmist that is not a vegan, has a dog or dogs for pets and is not in favor of nuclear energy can do the same. talking the talk is only good on a messageboard.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    and any alarmist that is not a vegan, has a dog or dogs for pets and is not in favor of nuclear energy can do the same. talking the talk is only good on a messageboard.
    Half your city's under water again isn't it??

Climate Change Deniers Present Graphic Description Of What Earth Must Look Like For SkiCoug To Believe
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    100 companies are responsible for 71% of global emissions. Sorry, you can't blame personal lifestyle choices. We don't solve this problem just by asking people to make better personal choices, we solve it by giving them better options.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...climate-change

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Would anyone miss Houston if it disappeared?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Would anyone miss Houston if it disappeared?
    Miss Huston might miss Huston.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Only 4 million worldwide marched? Going to need a lot more than that to change things.

Greta Thunberg is a stone cold BOSS

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post

Well, hopefully the hot ones would get the secret twitter invite before the apocalypse.

Only 4 million worldwide marched? Going to need a lot more than that to change things.
    I'm seeing double that number, but even still it will take a lot more people than that.

This is the just the beginning and it will grow quickly. Yesterday was awesome to see.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post

Strong work
    watch out for snakes

Name:  yq27zZ.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  27.8 KB
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Name:  yq27zZ.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  27.8 KB
    And no more really good mid atlantic or southeast ski seasons..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!