Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Snow season (whatever that means) in the Val d'Aosta (south side of Mont Blanc) has declined by 38 days since 1960.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/photo...-italian-alps/

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Do you have an actual paper confirming that the Easterbrook scale is wrong? You would think there would be more than just a skepticalscience post about it. In any case, we have other Greenland ice cores which may not show as much warmth as GIST2, but do show warmth:

Attachment 292139

Temperature reconstruction from: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-01451-7

Attachment 292142

Already posted this: https://phys.org/news/2018-06-ancien...y-thought.html
    ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/pal..._alley2000.txt

You can look at the data yourself. The data point that starts the graph is 95 years before present. “Present” is 1950. He sites this data set in his paper. Are you arguing that in 2010 or 2000 the average temp at gisp2 was -31.59? This is really easy, basic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/pal..._alley2000.txt

You can look at the data yourself. The data point that starts the graph is 95 years before present. “Present” is 1950. He sites this data set in his paper. Are you arguing that in 2010 or 2000 the average temp at gisp2 was -31.59? This is really easy, basic stuff.
    Okay, looks like Easterbrook is definitely wrong. I do question skepticalscience's attempted reconstruction resulting in them giving the GISP2 site a temperature of -28.1 for 2000-2009. This study: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley....9/2011GL049444 attempts to reconstruct the GISP2 site and determines a temperature of -29.9 for 2001-2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Okay, looks like Easterbrook is definitely wrong. I do question skepticalscience's attempted reconstruction resulting in them giving the GISP2 site a temperature of -28.1 for 2000-2009. This study: https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley....9/2011GL049444 attempts to reconstruct the GISP2 site and determines a temperature of -29.9 for 2001-2010.
    Ron, do you work for, or are you affiliated or associated with Americans for Prosperity in any way?

Jezuz, tonight I listened to two highly paid news anchors on two different major news networks attribute this hurricaine Dorian to climate change. For fucks sake.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

You gotta stop watching the news Benny.

Fucking Chuck Todd. What a dork.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fucking Chuck Todd. What a dork.
    Television news worth watching died the day Tim Russert did.

I wish he was around to comment on the current state of affairs.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

I did not see what sleepy Chuck Todd said to get Benny riled. If he commented that Dorian is being enhanced by extremely warm ocean water and that water is warmer because of climate change, aside from Ron does anyone else disagree with that?
    Mister Man! Mister Man! Mister Man. They left this card.

The number of category 4 and 5 Atlantic hurricanes seems to be increasing. Warm water strengthens hurricanes. The water in the Caribbean is getting warmer. But if you don't like it Benny you can turn off the TV, go into your room, and work on your Asian accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    I did not see what sleepy Chuck Todd said to get Benny riled. If he commented that Dorian is being enhanced by extremely warm ocean water and that water is warmer because of climate change, aside from Ron does anyone else disagree with that?
    He opened his stupid show with an image of this storm loudly saying something over that stupid music that, omg, there's a hurricaine heading for Florida and the Amazon is burning! I'm not, heh heh, saying the two are connected, but, you know, maybe they are! We'll have self appointed experts blathering about this, but first, a word from our sponsors, Lexus and Shell.
    You know, it's like Russia beat Hillary. Over and over.

As far as hurricaines gaining in intensity, where are the stats on that? You know, going back more than 60 years. I'll tell you. There are none. And what's 60 years in the history of storms?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

We'll have self appointed experts blathering
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

As far as hurricaines gaining in intensity, where are the stats on that? You know, going back more than 60 years. I'll tell you. There are none. And what's 60 years in the history of storms?
    Perhaps if you a had some training in Atmospheric Physics. I do not but I do understand the basics.

https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-war...nd-hurricanes/

study up.

Dude, Florida has actually been fairly hurricane free in the past sixty years. Last big one to hit the east coast was in 92. That's a problem. There's millions of new residents who have moved into harm's way. Same all up and down the entire East coast of America. Climate change isn't the issue, it's millions and millions of people who now live in very dangerous places, places that had zero to very little population at the turn of the 20th century.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Perhaps if you a had some training in Atmospheric Physics. I do not but I do understand the basics.

https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-war...nd-hurricanes/

study up.
    That's predicting the future. Nobody has ever been able to do that.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Yeah, nobody has ever been able to predict weather. Evar............

Well, how many times have incoming storms to your mountain never happened or just straggled in with an inch or two?

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Dude, Florida has actually been fairly hurricane free in the past sixty years. Last big one to hit the east coast was in 92. That's a problem. There's millions of new residents who have moved into harm's way. Same all up and down the entire East coast of America. Climate change isn't the issue, it's millions and millions of people who now live in very dangerous places, places that had zero to very little population at the turn of the 20th century.
    7 and a half billion people live in very dangerous places. Look it up.

Well, how many times have incoming storms to your mountain never happened or just straggled in with an inch or two?
    You just described my mountain to a tee. ALL THE FUCKING TIME..... duh.

"How climate change is making hurricanes more dangerous ---Stronger wind speeds, more rain, and worsened storm surge add up to more potential destruction."

Major hurricanes are by far the world’s costliest natural weather disasters, in some cases causing well over $100 billion in damage. There’s now evidence that the unnatural effects of human-caused global warming are already making hurricanes stronger and more destructive. The latest research shows the trend is likely to continue as long as the climate continues to warm.
    https://www.yaleclimateconnections.o...ore-dangerous/

You just described my mountain to a tee. ALL THE FUCKING TIME..... duh.
    NOAA Big Sky recurring forecast

Four days out: 6-8 inches of accumulation expected.
    Three days out: 4-6 inches of accumulation expected.
    Two days out: 2-3 inches of accumulation expected.
    Night before: Less than an inch of accumulation expected.

Predicting localized snowfall is totally the same thing as predicting the long-term average frequency and intensity of hurricanes in the Western Atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    "How climate change is making hurricanes more dangerous ---Stronger wind speeds, more rain, and worsened storm surge add up to more potential destruction."

https://www.yaleclimateconnections.o...ore-dangerous/
    That and the regular thunderstorms have already been dumping way higher rain totals in to waterways than previous years so shit's all loaded up already. maybe even already flooded before the big one coming in from offshore hits.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I want to name the storms, bitch would be a go one.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    NOAA Big Sky recurring forecast

Four days out: 6-8 inches of accumulation expected.
    Three days out: 4-6 inches of accumulation expected.
    Two days out: 2-3 inches of accumulation expected.
    Night before: Less than an inch of accumulation expected.
    That sounds like a typical Joel Gratz forecast.