Page 125 of 146 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3644
    Oh yeah, I think I remember that. Wasn't that from the Bush Administration? W says burn more gas heh heh heh.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I wonder why nobody has built a hybrid pickup? Seems like putting a bunch of batteries under the bed might be a good way to improve traction, in addition to improving the overall mileage of the vehicle.

Are there some technical issues that perhaps I'm missing? I mean, I'm no automotive engineer...

Ford is making the F150 in a full electric version, but it won't be out for a year or more. Tesla is making one, as is Rivian. The Rivian will get 400 miles on a charge, has incredible clearance and can go through water 3 feet deep. Tesla's will have a 14,000 pound towing capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I wonder why nobody has built a hybrid pickup? Seems like putting a bunch of batteries under the bed might be a good way to improve traction, in addition to improving the overall mileage of the vehicle.

Are there some technical issues that perhaps I'm missing? I mean, I'm no automotive engineer...
    Payload rating. Batteries are heavy and add in a motor or two and a half ton PU becomes a 1/4 ton, 3/4 a Half.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Ford is making the F150 in a full electric version, but it won't be out for a year or more. Tesla is making one, as is Rivian. The Rivian will get 400 miles on a charge, has incredible clearance and can go through water 3 feet deep. Tesla's will have a 14,000 pound towing capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I drive a small PU for work. 17.5 to 22 mpg. I need the ability to haul some shit around to job sites.

You want to tax me? Go ahead, it will just get passed on to my clients, they can afford it. But what does that accomplish?
    Good! Pass the cost on to your client! That's what's supposed to happen!

What purpose does that accomplish?

It increases the cost of using carbon fuels and people / clients look for alternatives, or they pay the tax which goes to fund development of sustainable solutions and alternatives, and the additional costs and funding provide incentive to invent develop and produce sustainable alternatives.

If you're not smart enough to understand that, then you probably shouldn't be driving any type of vehicle at all.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 01-23-2020 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Yeah, but it could make it harder to build houses for regular joes.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Brevity is not your forte? Nuance has nothing to do with anything. You tend to get hysterical.

OK I have some time to add on.

You want to exclude work vehicles from a carbon tax? OK.

Do you know that if I would have bought a full sized PU I could write off about 30K a year for up to 3 years? Instead I take the Mileage deduction at .55 per mile.

That is one of the main reasons you see construction folks driving big new PUs and why they turn them over about every 3 years. Sure for some its about the size of their dicks, for most it is about the taxes advantages our current system gives to those vehicles.

The more you know...
    That’s not how taxes work. But yes heavy pickups and suvs can get accelerated deductions. Cars cannot.
    So a $50k suv can depreciated in full the first year. If it’s a light car it takes five years.

And if you trade that pickup in three years for $30k and buy another $50k pickup you only get to deduct another $20k not the whole $50k

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    But our leaders decided to kill diesel to force us all electric.
    VW got caught cheating on diesel emissions by independent researchers and as a result we now know the amount of pollution emitted by all diesel-powered vehicles is much higher in the real world than was previously claimed by all car & truck manufactures.

Air pollution has well established links to lung cancer and heart disease, and is also connected to increased risk of other diseases like diabetes and Alzheimer's arising from the chronic inflammation that it causes.

Setting aside greenhouse gasses, the dividends gained from moving to cleaner more sustainable technologies is a cleaner less polluted environment which also benefits human health.

https://phys.org/news/2020-01-britis...lectricity.amp

A tax on carbon dioxide emissions in Great Britain, introduced in 2013, has led to the proportion of electricity generated from coal falling from 40% to 3% over six years, according to research led by UCL.
    Woot! Woot!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

^^
    one step forward, two steps back; dammit !

https://www.iceagenow.info/co2-conce...e-ocean-floor/

CO2 concentrations up to 95,000 ppm bubbling out of the ocean floor - 'More than 200 times the concentration of manmade CO2 in the atmosphere (just over 400 ppm) '
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    ^^
    one step forward, two steps back; dammit !

https://www.iceagenow.info/co2-conce...e-ocean-floor/

CO2 concentrations up to 95,000 ppm bubbling out of the ocean floor - 'More than 200 times the concentration of manmade CO2 in the atmosphere (just over 400 ppm) '
    <snicker> ice age now, go fuck yourself, hack

https://www.sciencealert.com/a-magic...he-ocean-floor

Cardenas and his team were diving in the area to try to study the effects on the ocean ecosystems of groundwater from nearby islands. There, they discovered Soda Springs - not created by any human cause, but a nearby volcano, venting through cracks in the ocean floor.
    "It's really a big part of the ocean that is left unexplored because it's too shallow for remotely operated vehicles and is too deep for regular divers," he explained.

It's not a cause for climate concern, since the area has likely been bubbling for a very long time, maybe even thousands of years; but Soda Springs could be the highest concentration of carbon dioxide ever found in nature.

Excellent 2 hour episode of Nova on PBS "Polar Extremes" about climate variability and the science behind determining past climates and using that information to predict future climates. Should be available to stream on the Nova homepage now. A lot better than the usual Nova episode.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5156.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	327.6 KB 
ID:	316192

dammit ! more cold and snow records broken ! good thing its called climate change now and not global warming anymore.

"Record cold, deadly blizzards batter Turkey, Syria, Iran, Iraq"

https://www.iceagenow.info/record-co...ria-iran-iraq/

"Nova Scotia – No snow month like January for at least 150 years"

https://www.iceagenow.info/nova-scot...ast-150-years/

Fuck off.

dammit ! more cold and snow records broken ! good thing its called climate change now and not global warming anymore.

"Record cold, deadly blizzards batter Turkey, Syria, Iran, Iraq"

https://www.iceagenow.info/record-co...ria-iran-iraq/

"Nova Scotia – No snow month like January for at least 150 years"

https://www.iceagenow.info/nova-scot...ast-150-years/
    Ice age now is even more fucking ignorant than you. Fuck off and eat shit cunt

You know someone's a clueless hack when they cant correlate warming and change. Keep to Pollyass shithead

Hooray ! Hooray !

https://missoulian.com/news/national...c1755f3db.html

"Jeff Bezos commits $10 billion to fight climate change"

now, he makes no news on exactly what, could be research, could be more money losing windmills; sure as hell will not be the actual one type of energy that's the cleanest and most efficient, nuclear; but we all feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You know someone's a clueless hack when they cant correlate warming and change. Keep to Pollyass shithead
    your problem is you have changed the narrative to fit results. CO2 should be eternally warming the planet given human increases; things like 700 inches of snow in Tahoe last year should never have happened. I am not, if the sun weakens intensity, it cools, if it intensifies it warm and man is a pinprick. sun is weakening, its cooling.

and i'll keep posting here as long as this political issue is not in polyass. I leave the weed thread alone as its legal, you all are adults and you all know long term will not work out well for you; not going to beat you over the head with that.

Gee, I don't know how anyone can counter incredible arguments like these...

I leave the weed thread alone as its legal, you all are adults and you all know long term will not work out well for you; not going to beat you over the head with that.
    And don’t get her started on the Beatles and their yeah, yeah, yeah's

your problem is you have changed the narrative to fit results. CO2 should be eternally warming the planet given human increases; things like 700 inches of snow in Tahoe last year should never have happened. I am not, if the sun weakens intensity, it cools, if it intensifies it warm and man is a pinprick. sun is weakening, its cooling.

and i'll keep posting here as long as this political issue is not in polyass. I leave the weed thread alone as its legal, you all are adults and you all know long term will not work out well for you; not going to beat you over the head with that.
    Your ignorance is only exceeded by your obtuseness.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident