Page 117 of 146 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    plastic pollution and global warming is comparing apples to oranges...
    More textbook Russian propaganda Whataboutism..

Or, in 'Merikan.. "LOOK!!! SQUIRREL!!!!!"
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Agreed. But when you are dumping trash in your rivers, you are dumping trash in your rivers.
    Give them time to start driving, burning fossil fuels, and they will not disappoint.

Probably the largest, looming disaster waiting to happen.

Now, I’m depressed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Or, they go greener from the early adoption phase of those technologies and products since they've signed the agreement. Again. we backed out of promising to do better, they have not..

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Or, they go greener from the early adoption phase of those technologies and products since they've signed the agreement. Again. we backed out of promising to do better, they have not..
    I’ll believe that means something when they stop dumping everything in the river.

I spent 7 yrs in Santiago Chile, at that time one of the most polluted cities on earth.

Then I went China, where I saw islands of garbage floating down the Yangtze River. Plastic, dead animals etc, it was the most notable thing I saw in my two weeks. I’ve never seen anything like it. The amount of trash that then flows into the China Sea is some ridiculous amount.

I cannot take anyone serious who will not address what I have seen with my own eyes.

And yes, I recycle.

What you say about trash may be true--I've never been to China--but the Chinese are eating our lunch when it comes to developing and selling green tech like solar panels, batteries and the like. If the world does somehow manage to go zero carbon it will be doing it with Chinese products produced by Chinese jobs, not American.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    What you say about trash may be true--I've never been to China--but the Chinese are eating our lunch when it comes to developing and selling green tech like solar panels, batteries and the like. If the world does somehow manage to go zero carbon it will be doing it with Chinese products produced by Chinese jobs, not American.
    And, with climate deniers carrying that dirty water for them while chanting "USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!"

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

They are making $$$, and we are making $$$ sending them the jobs, where their poor can’t make enough to buy a toilet, and instead crap in the river on the way home from a 12 hr shift.

I knock them, but I also understand that they don’t have much choice, when there is no plumbing.

Unfortunately, unless we find a way for them to survive, and not just in China, but other countries like Brazil I know of, they have to keep crapping in the river.

I see it at my Dads farm in Chile. I wouldn’t drink the water we use to irrigate with if you paid me. But I can’t go over to the guy living in the hut next store and tell him to hold it.

Poverty, is the problem. The same reason Americans eat shit food, not everyone can afford Whole Foods, and business is geared to capitalize on that.

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

so they're doing it illegally

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    so they're doing it illegally
    So it's a law and order people problem instead of a China (as in a government entity and nation) problem. Just proof why we DO need strong legal and punitive sanctions to ensure a cleaner, more habitable planet.

That’s a municipal trash truck in India.

Seems they didn’t get the memo about whatever law there is.

How is there any other response other than “fuck those guys”?

"Large scale wind power would actually INCREASE global warming"

https://www.iceagenow.info/large-sca...lobal-warming/

"Arcadia Power reports that the widely used GE 1.5-megawatt (MW) turbine is a 164-ton mini-monster with 116-foot blades on a 212-foot tower that weighs another 71 tons. The Vestas V90 2.0-MW has 148-foot blades on a 262-foot tower, and a total weight of about 267 tons. The concrete and steel rebar foundations that they sit on weigh up to 800 tons, or more. And the newer 3.0-MW and even more powerful turbines and foundations weigh a lot more than that.

Citing National Renewable Energy Laboratory data, the U.S. Geological Survey notes that wind turbines are predominantly made of steel (which comprises 71-79% of total turbine mass), fiberglass and resin composites in the blades (11-16%), iron or cast iron (5-17%), copper (1%), aluminum (0-2%), rare earth elements (1-3%) and other materials. Plus the concrete and rebar that anchor the turbines in the earth.

It takes enormous amounts of energy (virtually all of it fossil fuels) to remove the overlying rock to get to the ores and limestone, refine and process the materials into usable metals and concrete, fabricate them into all the turbine components, and ship everything to their ultimate locations. Petroleum for the resins and composites – and all that energy – must also be extracted from the earth, by drilling and fracking, followed by refining and manufacturing, again with fossil fuel energy."

>>if you read the whole article it just gets worse. you gotta use fossil fuels to plot those windmills out and also when you replace.

we all might as well face it we're doomed ! (unless you're one of them deniers and do not believe)

too bad there's not a clean energy source that has been a great alternative for decades just sitting around(nuclear)
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Time to kill the lawyers?
    https://www.utilitydive.com/news/nor...anup-o/553798/

And that shit ain't just shit or plastic. It's highly radio active hexavalent chromium same as the Erin Brokovich cases found killed people,

Mad respect to bothName:  FB_IMG_1576366722314.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  123.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

for your deniers for Christmas:

Name:  GRETA_NhA1Nm_l.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  99.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Mad respect to bothName:  FB_IMG_1576366722314.jpeg
Views: 262
Size:  123.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    for your deniers for Christmas:

Name:  GRETA_NhA1Nm_l.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  99.2 KB
    You seem to have an unhealthy fixation on this 16 year old girl. Very disturbing.

On the plus side of global warming, apparently warmer temps may shorten pregnancy, so for you women out there (the few that are on TGR ) slightly less misery.

You seem to have an unhealthy fixation on this 16 year old girl. Very disturbing.

On the plus side of global warming, apparently warmer temps may shorten pregnancy, so for you women out there (the few that are on TGR ) slightly less misery.

sorry no, no attraction there.

pedophiles seem to flock to the left and democrats as sex with anything seems to be okay for those types and isn't one of the most important things by the left and democrats "climate change" ?

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/edw...on-of-the-cia/

Edward Snowden: “Global Warming is an invention of the CIA”

>>>CIA dupes you are, beautiful.

i should not be surprised though, the impeach trump and Russia collusion bunch here was duped by the FBI. you know, liberals would fit right in in places like venezula, Russia, north korea, china; you'll do and believe whatever the govt says apparently

lol. Is there any doubt SkiCougr ended up at https://worldnewsdailyreport for "Founder of a charity for men with micropenises accused of extorting and blackmailing at least 187 men" and then happened to see the Snowden fake news story from satirical site World News Daily Report?

Maybe someday Cougar's web search eventually leads to the root of his/her pathology over that tiny penis.

A summary of the results: Greenland’s ice losses have septupled and are now in line with its highest sea-level scenario, scientists say. That’s according to 26 separate satellite measurements and 89 scientists who have produced them.

The sheet’s total losses nearly doubled each decade, from 33 billion tons per year in the 1990s to an average now of 254 billion tons annually.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/clima...cientists-say/

https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/edw...on-of-the-cia/

Edward Snowden: “Global Warming is an invention of the CIA”

>>>CIA dupes you are, beautiful.

i should not be surprised though, the impeach trump and Russia collusion bunch here was duped by the FBI. you know, liberals would fit right in in places like venezula, Russia, north korea, china; you'll do and believe whatever the govt says apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    lol. Is there any doubt SkiCougr ended up at https://worldnewsdailyreport for "Founder of a charity for men with micropenises accused of extorting and blackmailing at least 187 men" and then happened to see the Snowden fake news story from satirical site World News Daily Report?

Maybe someday Cougar's web search eventually leads to the root of his/her pathology over that tiny penis.

Ski Coug falls for satire again thinking it was real LOL!

Welp...thats embarrassing.

Haaaaaaa how many times has teh scoug done that now? Scoug is the definition of zero self awareness

I think I hear his neighbors laughing at him right now.
    His right wing neighbors.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

"Large scale wind power would actually INCREASE global warming"

https://www.iceagenow.info/large-sca...lobal-warming/

"Arcadia Power reports that the widely used GE 1.5-megawatt (MW) turbine is a 164-ton mini-monster with 116-foot blades on a 212-foot tower that weighs another 71 tons. The Vestas V90 2.0-MW has 148-foot blades on a 262-foot tower, and a total weight of about 267 tons. The concrete and steel rebar foundations that they sit on weigh up to 800 tons, or more. And the newer 3.0-MW and even more powerful turbines and foundations weigh a lot more than that.

Citing National Renewable Energy Laboratory data, the U.S. Geological Survey notes that wind turbines are predominantly made of steel (which comprises 71-79% of total turbine mass), fiberglass and resin composites in the blades (11-16%), iron or cast iron (5-17%), copper (1%), aluminum (0-2%), rare earth elements (1-3%) and other materials. Plus the concrete and rebar that anchor the turbines in the earth.

It takes enormous amounts of energy (virtually all of it fossil fuels) to remove the overlying rock to get to the ores and limestone, refine and process the materials into usable metals and concrete, fabricate them into all the turbine components, and ship everything to their ultimate locations. Petroleum for the resins and composites – and all that energy – must also be extracted from the earth, by drilling and fracking, followed by refining and manufacturing, again with fossil fuel energy."

>>if you read the whole article it just gets worse. you gotta use fossil fuels to plot those windmills out and also when you replace.

we all might as well face it we're doomed ! (unless you're one of them deniers and do not believe)

too bad there's not a clean energy source that has been a great alternative for decades just sitting around(nuclear)
    You are an idiot. Beyond belief stupid and gullible. How you have a job in IT is beyond me. I bet your coworkers hate you.

“To be more exact, wind energy produces around 11 grams of carbon dioxide per kilowatt-hour of electricity generated, Garvin A. Heath, a senior scientist at NREL, and colleagues concluded after reviewing the scientific literature. That’s compared with about 980 g CO2/kWh for coal and roughly 465 g CO2/kWh for natural gas, Heath found.”

How can you consistently be so wrong yet still think you should chime in with your dumb opinions?