Page 127 of 146 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    oh-no, 699 new all time cold records broken; store up firewood now; get in you SUV and start it up !:

https://www.iceagenow.info/brutal-ar...-next-10-days/

"Brutal Arctic Cold set to Engulf North America over the next 10 Days"

"Over the past 7 days alone, the U.S. (CONUS) set a total of 600 new all-time cold records vs just the 239 for heat, according to the official data from filthy warm-mongers NOAA."

>>ok, for those of you who have been littering this page with insults on me, I will not stop.

the measures used to record higher temperatures have been questioned.

meanwhile, severity of hurricanes and tornados have been declining historically as has temperatures in some measuremens.

the California drought picture posted above is a one year event, squaw had 700 inches of snow last year and claifornia is historically dry anyways.

the have been ice ages occurring with CO2 levels much higher than they are today.

the greater influence on climate are ocean currents and solar variance than a change in a percent of 0.004% of the atmosphere

and all of your of the western worlds screaming about CO2 means nothing with china and india and the developing world increasing CO2 output at multiple levels for every ounce of CO2 it reduces.

your efforts also mean nothing if you do not include nuclear as the cleanest and most efficient energy.

and you all intend to bankrupt the country over something which will have no measurable affect, so that makes this a political issue(but it's not in polyass, WTH ?)

so, i'm going to continue to mock you all; keep insulting me if it makes you feel better.
    Good points/ the world is trying to play America for fools with this bait on climate..while we look to waste manpower and cash, the world is burning coal and oil in record numbers.
    Even if the world is right about change, its not America's fault...we are a world leader in non fossil fuel use.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Why lead by example when you can say "but teacher, they're doing it more"?

Also your simplistic view of commodities is hilarious.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Good points/ the world is trying to play America for fools with this bait on climate..while we look to waste manpower and cash, the world is burning coal and oil in record numbers.
    Even if the world is right about change, its not America's fault...we are a world leader in non fossil fuel use.
    None of cougrs points are good. Zero. They've all been debunked in this thread.

Those fairy tales are mathematically contradicted by physics equations, empirical laboratory evidence, and direct satellite observation of infrared spectra radiated downward from the atmosphere.

Globally 19 of the 20 overall warmest years on record have occurred since 2001 and the six hottest-ever years were 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Climate and temperature are affected by a lot of factors but there are no other factors such as El Niño, volcanoes, or periodic variations in solar activity (which is tiny relative to total solar output) that account for the long term increasing temperature trend other than greenhouse gases.

Temperature oscillates up and down from year-to-year due to those other factors but the bottom line is greenhouse gasses dominate the long term warming trend.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

Those fairy tales are mathematically contradicted by physics equations, empirical laboratory evidence, and direct satellite observation of infrared spectra radiated downward from the atmosphere.

Globally 19 of the 20 overall warmest years on record have occurred since 2001 and the six hottest-ever years were 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Climate and temperature are affected by a lot of factors but there are no other factors such as El Niño, volcanoes, or periodic variations in solar activity (which is tiny relative to total solar output) that account for the long term increasing temperature trend other than greenhouse gases.

Temperature oscillates up and down from year-to-year due to those other factors but the bottom line is greenhouse gasses dominate the long term warming trend.
    this is not fact..just because you post the same B S over and over ,won't make it true.

the worlds climate history is millions of years old.. and had extremes far more severe in the past , when there was no mankind to affect it.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

this is not fact..just because you post the same B S over and over ,won't make it true.

the worlds climate history is millions of years old.. and had extremes far more severe in the past , when there was no mankind to affect it.
    Co2 based argument for climate change has not been actually proven

You and cougr are 100% wrong. If the stories you tell yourselves were in any way true, then fundamental math and fundamental physics would have to be wrong. If your silly stories were true then the foundational physical constants that we rely on for so many things, that make life possible, would have to be wrong. They're not.

For present Earth conditions CO2 accounts for about a third of the clear-sky greenhouse effect in the tropics and for a somewhat greater portion in the drier, colder middle latitudes; the remainder is mostly due to water vapor. The contribution of CO2 to the greenhouse effect, considerable though it is, understates the central role of the gas as a controller of climate. The atmosphere, if CO2 were removed from it, would cool enough that much of the water vapor would rain out. That precipitation, in turn, would cause further cooling and ultimately spiral Earth into a globally glaciated snowball state. It is only the presence of CO2 that keeps Earth’s atmosphere warm enough to contain much water vapor. Conversely, increasing CO2 would warm the atmosphere and ultimately result in greater water-vapor content—a now well-understood situation known as water-vapor feedback.

More here: https://geosci.uchicago.edu/~rtp1/pa...odayRT2011.pdf

Baron = twitter bot? Sure sounds like one.
    No longer stuck.

My impression in the past was that Baron was a pretty normal poster. I am wondering if his account was hacked.

@ Baron, post in larger font, that is a sure way to convince people.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    My impression in the past was that Baron was a pretty normal poster. I am wondering if his account was hacked.
    ??????

He's one of the biggest kooks on this board. Always has been.

Some good news buried in here: https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/fe...ycle/page4.php
    If we can just hold on for 30,000 years we should have another ice age

Antarctica has a record high temps-> climate change is real!

Hundreds of record lows-> You know someone's a clueless hack when they think record extreme lows disproves warming.

😂

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Antarctica has a record high temps-> climate change is real!

Hundreds of record lows-> You know someone's a clueless hack when they think record extreme lows disproves warming.
    U.S. daily record highs have outnumbered lows 5 to 1 since 2010.

The ratio between warm temperature and cold temperature has increasingly veered towards ever warmer temperatures. Without global warming the ratio between record highs and record lows should more or less even out. But that's not happening.

Instead, what we’re seeing is increasingly higher average global temperatures. It’s counterintuitive, but the fact that the ratio of daily max high to max low records was increasing, by 2:1 in past decades, or 3:1 throughout the aughts, or 5:1 in the most recent decade, instead of balancing out over time, is one of the strongest indicators that the planet is in fact warming.

Couger posts things in here that I don't agree with, but virtually none of the points in his post have been debunked like you claim.

It is also extreme hubris to claim that there are no other possible factors for the warming trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post

@ Baron, post in larger font, that is a sure way to convince people.
    There is Baron, and Red Baron.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

No surprise ron showed up to prop up cougrs decontextualized ridiculousness. After all he's the one posting conspiracy theories from his favorite fraudster Steve Goddard aka Tony Heller along with other fraudulent sites like notrickzone to argue CO2 has nothing to do with warming, so there must be an unidentified cooling/warming force (lol) and how increasing temperature readings are all part of massive global conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There is Baron, and Red Baron.
    Knows what I show.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Shit is totally real now.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispa...=pocket-newtab

Last week, the temperature in Antarctica hit almost seventy degrees—the hottest in recorded history. It wasn’t a one-day fluke. Famed for its snowscapes, the Earth’s coldest, wildest, windiest, highest, and most mysterious continent has been experiencing a heat wave. A few days earlier, an Antarctic weather station recorded temperatures in the mid-sixties. It was colder in Washington, D.C., where I live. Images of northern Antarctica captured vast swaths of barren brown terrain devoid of ice and with only small puddle-like patches of snow.

The problem is not whether a new record was set, “it’s the longer-term trend that makes those records more likely to happen more often,” John Nielsen-Gammon, the director of the Texas Center for Climate Studies at Texas A. & M. University, told me this week. “It’s sort of like a forest where trees are constantly growing and trees are dying, but if they start dying faster than they can grow back, then you eventually lose the forest,” he said. “The same thing applies to glaciers. Glaciers flow out to the ocean and break off, but if they break off faster then the glacier retreats and you lose ice—and then the sea level goes up around the world.”

The iceberg that I watched break off from Antarctica was part of a process called calving. It’s normal and a necessary step in nature’s cycle, except that it’s now happening a lot faster and in larger chunks—with existential stakes. The ice in Antarctica is now melting six times faster than it did forty years ago, Eric Rignot, an Earth scientist at the University of California, Irvine, and a co-author of a major study of the continent’s ice health, told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

No surprise ron showed up to prop up cougrs decontextualized ridiculousness. After all he's the one posting conspiracy theories from his favorite fraudster Steve Goddard aka Tony Heller along with other fraudulent sites like notrickzone to argue CO2 has nothing to do with warming, so there must be an unidentified cooling/warming force (lol) and how increasing temperature readings are all part of massive global conspiracy.
    No surprise MV has devolved into the usual attacks and mischaracterizations since he's again unable to make a valid argument.

You call Tony Heller a fraud, but have never been able to post a valid example. I posted a link to notrickszone once, and after looking further into that site, it appears the site shaming is overblown. I have never claimed CO2 has nothing to do with warming. Yes, radiative forces are what determine the swings in earth's climate - amazing you had such a difficult time with that one. And yes, there are many reasons to question the accuracy of the the temperature record.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Shit is totally real now.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispa...=pocket-newtab

Last week, the temperature in Antarctica hit almost seventy degrees—the hottest in recorded history. It wasn’t a one-day fluke. Famed for its snowscapes, the Earth’s coldest, wildest, windiest, highest, and most mysterious continent has been experiencing a heat wave. A few days earlier, an Antarctic weather station recorded temperatures in the mid-sixties. It was colder in Washington, D.C., where I live. Images of northern Antarctica captured vast swaths of barren brown terrain devoid of ice and with only small puddle-like patches of snow.

The problem is not whether a new record was set, “it’s the longer-term trend that makes those records more likely to happen more often,” John Nielsen-Gammon, the director of the Texas Center for Climate Studies at Texas A. & M. University, told me this week. “It’s sort of like a forest where trees are constantly growing and trees are dying, but if they start dying faster than they can grow back, then you eventually lose the forest,” he said. “The same thing applies to glaciers. Glaciers flow out to the ocean and break off, but if they break off faster then the glacier retreats and you lose ice—and then the sea level goes up around the world.”

The iceberg that I watched break off from Antarctica was part of a process called calving. It’s normal and a necessary step in nature’s cycle, except that it’s now happening a lot faster and in larger chunks—with existential stakes. The ice in Antarctica is now melting six times faster than it did forty years ago, Eric Rignot, an Earth scientist at the University of California, Irvine, and a co-author of a major study of the continent’s ice health, told me.
    "Media's Horribly Dishonest Antarctica Propaganda"

http://www.landscapesandcycles.net/m...ropaganda.html

lol @ ron with his defense of notrickszone and his fraudster friend Tony Heller who was exposed earlier in this thread. They are just two examples of the many fraudulent sources and sites ron has posted here:

"We rank the claims made by both Breitbart and No Tricks Zone as false, because they dramatically misrepresent the findings of the scientists who conducted the research and utilize poorly-articulated straw man arguments to further misrepresent the significance of the work of those scientists."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sc...-warming-myth/

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Dr Rob Davies of Utah State gave an incredible presentation at Montana State University this past week, talking about the scale of the climate crisis and the scale of the response we need to mitigate it.

He stressed our risk management is not aggressive - keeping global warming to 1.5-2C only gives us a 66% chance of avoiding tipping points to runaway climate disaster. "That's playing Russian Roulette with 2 bullets in a 6 shooter. None of us would pull the trigger with those odds."

Yet we aren't even doing enough to keep warming that low. We are currently on a path to 13degrees F of warming in North America by 2100. That would be catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post

Yet we aren't even doing enough to keep warming that low. We are currently on a path to 13degrees F of warming in North America by 2100. That would be catastrophic.
    Not for the dinosaurs. Anyway, it's self correcting. Human population is reduced to a handful of hunter gatherers in Greenland and Siberia and Northern Canada, stop burning massive amounts of fossil fuel, meanwhile plants run rampant and eat up all the CO2. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    No surprise MV has devolved into the usual attacks and mischaracterizations since he's again unable to make a valid argument.

You call Tony Heller a fraud, but have never been able to post a valid example. I posted a link to notrickszone once, and after looking further into that site, it appears the site shaming is overblown. I have never claimed CO2 has nothing to do with warming. Yes, radiative forces are what determine the swings in earth's climate - amazing you had such a difficult time with that one. And yes, there are many reasons to question the accuracy of the the temperature record.
    shut the fuck up you ignorant cunt

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    "Media's Horribly Dishonest Antarctica Propaganda"

http://www.landscapesandcycles.net/m...ropaganda.html
    shut the fuck up you ignorant cunt

lol @ ron with his defense of notrickszone and his fraudster friend Tony Heller who was exposed earlier in this thread. They are just two examples of the many fraudulent sources and sites ron has posted here:

"We rank the claims made by both Breitbart and No Tricks Zone as false, because they dramatically misrepresent the findings of the scientists who conducted the research and utilize poorly-articulated straw man arguments to further misrepresent the significance of the work of those scientists."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sc...-warming-myth/
    Your attempted exposure of Heller was a failure. You know this, but pretending otherwise makes you feel better.

Response from the author in the notrickzone blog post:

"The Breitbart headline – which is obviously not something we can control here – purposefully sensationalizes the content of this article by using the phrase “Global Warming Is A Myth.” Apparently it worked, as there are now about 10,000 comments logged at Breitbart…and nearly 20,000 shares and re-tweets here.

Of course, when regional or local paleoclimate reconstructions do not indicate an unprecedented or unusual warming in the last 50-60 years, the authors are not going to conclude that their reconstruction alone invalidates global warming. But as the title of this particular article suggests, the narrative that says modern warming has been global in its scope is not supported by an accumulation of hundreds of papers (extending back to 2014 alone) that show no significant change, or no change outside the range of natural variability (i.e., the Medieval or Roman periods had more warmth) in the era of assumed anthropogenic forcing. If you read the introduction to this article, it states:

“Yes, some regions of the Earth have been warming in recent decades or at some point in the last 100 years. Some regions have been cooling for decades at a time. And many regions have shown no significant net changes or trends in either direction relative to the last few hundred to thousands of years. Succinctly, then, scientists publishing in peer-reviewed journals have increasingly affirmed that there is nothing historically unprecedented or remarkable about today’s climate when viewed in the context of long-term natural variability.”

You may want to look at all 60 papers from 2016, which added to 2017 makes almost 120 papers just in the last 17 months that also indicate modern warming is neither unprecedented or unremarkable. When adding them all together, it would be hard to justify the claim that modern warming has been global in its scale. Some regions are warming, yes. But that doesn’t mean that the whole globe is. That was our point here. Breitbart’s point was to say that global warming is a myth…to garner more attention. Again, we have no control over the headlines used by media linking to our articles."

It is no surprise that the authors that responded to Snopes did not agree that their paper was evidence of global warming being a myth.

Bots bots
    Sock puppets and bots.
    No longer stuck.