Page 145 of 146 FirstFirst ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3644
    The select board approved a request for a 2,500-gallon commercial propane tank for 79 Turkeyland Cove Road in Katama — owned by former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. “We’ve never had a private propane tank come to us,” said select board member Arthur Smadbeck, with select board member Michael Donaroma noting a private-residence propane tank is typically a fraction of the quantity being requested.

Those 200,000 BTU outside burners do use a lot of gas.

They are letting me write about this at work. Easy way to keep on top of the headlines and other ESG fun if you want to take a look and help me out a bit in the process.

https://insight.factset.com/a-white-...news-this-week

Big thing this week was this New Climate study reiterating that the major corporate ghg pledges kinda suck

https://newclimate.org/resources/pub...y-monitor-2023
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Already 110° in India all week.

The temp hasn't gotten to 60 yet this month in Seattle. Obviously global warming is a hoax.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    They are letting me write about this at work. Easy way to keep on top of the headlines and other ESG fun if you want to take a look and help me out a bit in the process.

https://insight.factset.com/a-white-...news-this-week

Big thing this week was this New Climate study reiterating that the major corporate ghg pledges kinda suck

https://newclimate.org/resources/pub...y-monitor-2023
    You mean to say that self regulation isn’t working? My god, it’s as if their altruism is overshadowed by their fiduciary duty to their stock holders.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The temp hasn't gotten to 60 yet this month in Seattle. Obviously global warming is a hoax.
    And the Western US had one of its snowiest winters on record. Dis shit is a hoax.

My lawn is taking a beating from poa annua and my garden has yet to see any transplants from my starters as i dont want to transplant indoor starters into 50 degree drizzle for the next month. yuck. Gonna start posting long diatribes in polyass to help along the warming.

I saw a map of year-to-date temp averages and it was pretty dramatic, almost everything east of the Mississippi red for warmer and almost everything west in blue and colder than normal. Can't find it now but it was striking.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    And the Western US had one of its snowiest winters on record. Dis shit is a hoax.
    The blast furnace that overtook the west last summer is already forgotten!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The blast furnace that overtook the west last summer is already forgotten!
    Last summer was downright pleasant compared to 2 years ago when it hit 108 in seattle (8 degrees higher than the previous record). It was 101 in my house at 9pm - preggo Mrs. CG was not pleased at the time.

I dont think we topped out above low 90s last year. Obviously its a cooling trend. a 1 year cooling trend.

Hey every trend starts somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Last summer was downright pleasant compared to 2 years ago when it hit 108 in seattle (8 degrees higher than the previous record). It was 101 in my house at 9pm - preggo Mrs. CG was not pleased at the time.

I dont think we topped out above low 90s last year. Obviously its a cooling trend. a 1 year cooling trend.
    But...

Between June 21 and Sept. 21, Sea-Tac recorded 0.5 inch of rain. The average is 2.98” during that time frame, making it the driest summer yet.

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport observed a record 13 days at 90 degrees or warmer during the same time frame. Plus, Sea-Tac hit 90 degrees or warmer six days in a row, making that the longest 90-degree or warmer stretch yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I’ve given up on thinking of global climate in the terms of just temp. It just creates a false expectation on what our weather is becoming. Increasing energy in the system, like a river approaching flood levels, with greater forcing in both flow and eddy(chaos). Buckle up that pfd, it’s going from class 2 to class three whitewater, and damned if I know who is steering the boat!

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I saw a map of year-to-date temp averages and it was pretty dramatic, almost everything east of the Mississippi red for warmer and almost everything west in blue and colder than normal. Can't find it now but it was striking.
    The drama is in the polar regions, hella drama

This global warming trend is like bankruptcy. It's slow, hardly noticeable, debated, ignored, and then it's sudden.

Just like population growth, AI development, food shortages, and Sierra winters.

It's the higher LOW temps that are the biggest problem. When it doesn't cool back down at night, that's what really pushes the averages up..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

It’s looking like the coming El Niño will help make the next two years the hottest on record

It's been nice and cold in NorCal too. Gives me hope for future winters around Tahoe. That said, I also saw a world map showing temp deviation from normal in March, and ours was one of two small regions worldwide colder than average. 95% of the globe is warmer than average. So while I hope we have many similar cold winters to come, it doesn't seem reasonable to expect to be in the 5% anomaly every year. The trend is badly against us.

Yeah, I saw the ocean temperature map/graph that made the rounds online yesterday. Terrifying.

Like this?

Source article says they expect it to jump up if predicted El Nino comes this year.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-65339934

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Like this?

Source article says they expect it to jump up if predicted El Nino comes this year.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-65339934
    Ya but the bottom side of our flat earth is equally cooler amirite??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

No, this one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9522.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	840.5 KB 
ID:	457026

That map just seems to show the actual temperature on the date (yesterday), not any trend or deviation from average, although the data certainly shows that. Interesting that the low point was only in 1992, that's not that long ago. Not sure what to make of that exactly.