But the rising sea levels...

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1570419912.403192.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	918.3 KB 
ID:	296741
    But the rising sea levels...
    This might be your speed, fucking ignorant moron...

A beginner's guide to accessing Argo data
    http://www.argo.ucsd.edu/Argo_date_guide.html

SOTC: Contribution of the Cryosphere to Changes in Sea Level
    https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/sotc/sea_level.html

Name:	Image1570421537.789840.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	892.8 KB 
ID:	296746
    I find this to be far more empirical.

Name:	Image1570421692.306697.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1,011.3 KB 
ID:	296747

I've wanted to warm Katy's climate, until her sea level rises

"For something as high stakes as the climate crisis, governments should be trying to avoid the worst outcome at all costs."

"Some economics nerds just realized how much climate change will cost us:"

“To me the most surprising result of the research was how quickly the cost of delay increases over time,” said Robert Litterman, a risk management expert who used to work for Goldman Sachs, in a statement accompanying the study. His team found that if the world procrastinated on a carbon price by just one more year, the damages from climate change would climb an additional $1 trillion. Waiting 10 years would put the price tag at $100 trillion. In other words, the time to act was yesterday (or, like the 1980s).
    https://grist.org/article/some-econo...-will-cost-us/

Real covers of Time magazine no parody. The science was settled then too.
    Attachment 296713
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is an honest mistake: you are misrepresenting the contents of those magazines. They're about the energy crisis, not "global cooling". See here:

https://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2013/06/04/the-1970s-ice-age-myth-and-time-magazine-covers-by-david-kirtley

Relevant info from the last paragraph:
    I searched around on Time’s website and looked through all of the covers from the 1970s. I was shocked (shocked!) to find not a single cover with the promise of an in-depth, special report on the Coming Ice Age. What about this cover from December 1973 with Archie Bunker shivering in his chair entitled “The Big Freeze”? Nope, that’s about the Energy Crisis. Maybe this cover from January 1977, again entitled “The Big Freeze”? Nope, that’s about the weather. How about this one from December 1979, “The Cooling of America”? Again with the Energy Crisis.

Name:	Image1570421537.789840.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	892.8 KB 
ID:	296746
    I find this to be far more empirical.
    You know your photos are all of rivers, right? The topic of conversation here is sea level rise. And you know who's empirical about sea level? The Dutch, who are semi-quietly shitting their pants about their collective future: https://www.vn.nl/rising-sea-levels-netherlands/

Do you think this is a plot by Soros and Big Dike to control the people of the Netherlands?

Yes I do know that. I also know the elevation of Paris is 30 meters, London is 11 meters, Barcelona is 12 meters New York is 10 meters. Close enough to sea level that if it were rising we would see it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	Image1570421692.306697.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1,011.3 KB 
ID:	296747
    You know that river's levels are actively controlled by dams, right?

Yes I do know that. I also know the elevation of Paris is 30 meters, London is 11 meters, Barcelona is 12 meters New York is 10 meters. Close enough to sea level that if it were rising we would see it.

Instead of posting a photo of something that will never get through that thick head of yours.....Name:  index.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  3.7 KB
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You klowns going to tussle with ron all week? How about throwing up a synopsis at the top of every 10th page?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Its lies
    Dam lies
    And arty facts.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    You know your photos are all of rivers, right?
    Amazing stuff. Dunning-Kruger in full effect.

Bay of fundy pic showing lowering sea levels in 4,3,2.....

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

"Dutch Farmers In Mass Protest Against Green Fascism – Video"

https://www.iceagenow.info/dutch-far...fascism-video/

"Thousands of Dutch farmers are heading en masse to the Hague to protest against environmental policies being inflicted on them by their coalition government."

>>bunch of dumb ass farmers ! don't they know those dam tractors are the problem !

where's Greta ? probably seeing some broadway musical while this goes on !

good thing tractors only reduced the farming workforce from 30 to 23 million with more efficient and cleaner tractors producing more food for an worldwide increasing population.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

You're almost as big of an ignorant cunt as JR. Does goat cum really taste that good?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Strike 3.. They're the only ones with enough patience to DUMB THINGS DOWN TO YOUR LEVEL OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ad naseum until you finally almost sort of understand a tiny part of what we've all explained and debunked over and over and over and over..
    This is the only play you and WMD have. Call me out for something, but never post any proof when I specifically ask you for it. Now you just carry on saying everything I've said has been dubunked. So I ask again, can you give some examples of positions of mine that have been debunked?

I'm still waiting for you to give some evidence of my "math and statistics shortcomings", as well as my "inability to grasp the most basic science concepts and data representations."

Pollution. Major fucking problem. We as a society, worldwide, need to make major changes. We need to stop poisoning our air and water, we need to stop the mass consumption, the incredible wastefulness. We need to return the minerals to the soils for healthy to foods. We need to use alternative energy sources which already exist. We need to love this planet and keep it healthy and pure.
    But this has absolutely nothing to do with global warming. We need to stop poisoning the planet regardless if it changes the temperature 1 degree or 100 degrees.
    Two different things.
    I get a kick when the climate extremists try to insult people by calling them climate deniers.
    It is literally impossible to talk about climate without taking about change. Change is implicit in the word climate. The only reason the concept of climate exists is because the weather changes.
    Climate 100% natural.
    Pollution 100% human caused.
    If the rate of change is increasing, natural too. Stasis is the least common thing in nature.

Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch per year.

What's the difference between global and local sea level?
    Global sea level trends and relative sea level trends are different measurements. Just as the surface of the Earth is not flat, the surface of the ocean is also not flat—in other words, the sea surface is not changing at the same rate globally. Sea level rise at specific locations may be more or less than the global average due to many local factors: subsidence, upstream flood control, erosion, regional ocean currents, variations in land height, and whether the land is still rebounding from the compressive weight of Ice Age glaciers.

Sea level is primarily measured using tide stations and satellite laser altimeters. Tide stations around the globe tell us what is happening at a local level—the height of the water as measured along the coast relative to a specific point on land. Satellite measurements provide us with the average height of the entire ocean. Taken together, these tools tell us how our ocean sea levels are changing over time.
    https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

So, EK says he can look at a body of water and tell if it's an 1/8" higher...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    This is the only play you and WMD have. Call me out for something, but never post any proof when I specifically ask you for it. Now you just carry on saying everything I've said has been dubunked. So I ask again, can you give some examples of positions of mine that have been debunked?

I'm still waiting for you to give some evidence of my "math and statistics shortcomings", as well as my "inability to grasp the most basic science concepts and data representations."
    First, give us some examples of what your positions are and why they are correct as opposed to prevailing theory.

Next, tell us what evidence would be necessary to have you change your mind.

Pollution. Major fucking problem. We as a society, worldwide, need to make major changes. We need to stop poisoning our air and water, we need to stop the mass consumption, the incredible wastefulness. We need to return the minerals to the soils for healthy to foods. We need to use alternative energy sources which already exist. We need to love this planet and keep it healthy and pure.
    But this has absolutely nothing to do with global warming. We need to stop poisoning the planet regardless if it changes the temperature 1 degree or 100 degrees.
    Two different things.
    I get a kick when the climate extremists try to insult people by calling them climate deniers.
    It is literally impossible to talk about climate without taking about change. Change is implicit in the word climate. The only reason the concept of climate exists is because the weather changes.
    Climate 100% natural.
    Pollution 100% human caused.
    If the rate of change is increasing, natural too. Stasis is the least common thing in nature.

When pollution affects or alters Climate, is that change not man made? Asking for a friend.