Page 123 of 146 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Why do you fear this change so much, Ron?
    Are you not invested properly?
    Because I live in a country that is broke, but addicted to spending and wants to spend trillions more on an energy policy, which, if it were even feasible, would result in a minuscule reduction in CO2 induced warming.

The jury is still out on whether or not cigarettes are bad for you.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Because I live in a country that is broke, but addicted to spending and wants to spend trillions more on an energy policy, which, if it were even feasible, would result in a minuscule reduction in CO2 induced warming.
    How about if we quit wasting trillions on an outdated, harmful energy policy, and quit looking backwards?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    shut the fuck up you ignorant cunt

How about if we quit wasting trillions on an outdated, harmful energy policy, and quit looking backwards?
    Because the energy system you are calling outdated is better than the system you want to implement, and we have different views on the harmful aspect.

I have a view, you have an opinion.

Tax pickups and SUV's
    No longer stuck.

I have a view, you have an opinion.
    They are the same thing...

Wow, you actually got it!

Tax pickups and SUV's
    Fuck that retarded thought. My truck has a much smaller carbon footprint than a tesla or hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Fuck that retarded thought. My truck has a much smaller carbon footprint than a tesla or hybrid.
    This is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    This is just not true.
    Ok, guy.

How so?
    The batteries?

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Ok, guy.
    That was fast but I'm glad you get it now.

In all seriousness I'm not a fan of taxing your truck (or anybody else's). But we do need to stop making internal combustion engine vehicles, and should provide incentives to encourage people to switch to EV's. Or better yet provide robust, easy to use and convenient electric public transport and car sharing so we don't all need our own cars.

No, fuck all your in the way pieces of shit.
    If you buy a newer vehicle that gets less than 25mpg just because you're a "truck guy" or whatever, then go fuck yourself. If you're not a rancher/contractor/something like that, you get to pay a pollution tax. Period.
    Conservatives are all about how people should face the consequences of their actions till they have to actually face them. Then is dA SeE oH tWo Is A hOaX.

You are not your truck. You are not your gun. Grow some real self-esteem and security in your manhood that your father apparently failed to impart in you. Or, ya know, just keep funding the terrorist factory that is Saudi Arabia while helping fuck up our habitat.

That was fast but I'm glad you get it now.

In all seriousness I'm not a fan of taxing your truck (or anybody else's). But we do need to stop making internal combustion engine vehicles, and should provide incentives to encourage people to switch to EV's. Or better yet provide robust, easy to use and convenient electric public transport and car sharing so we don't all need our own cars.

Or ya know, up that gas guzzler tax that's already in place for people who insist on being a waste. We don't all need to commute to work 1 per 18mpg shitbox that can't corner, can't park, can't get around other jams in the way, etc.
    No longer stuck.

Lmao! You went full Stucky, never go full Stucky. LMFAO!

Northern Idaho is a bunch of rednecks blaming everyone else for their lack of living in the present. I really don't care what you think.
    No longer stuck.

And if you're a good little mouth breather, we'll get you another gun sticker for your truck so everyone can know what a big man you are!
    No longer stuck.

Yeah, that is just how we need to go about trying to make changes that will benefit everyone.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

How so?
    The batteries?
    "Like any mining process, it is invasive, it scars the landscape, it destroys the water table and it pollutes the earth and the local wells,” said Guillermo Gonzalez, a lithium battery expert from the University of Chile, in a 2009 interview. “This isn’t a green solution – it’s not a solution at all.”
    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/lith...ronment-impact
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

^^ Kenny's wired article discusses the problems associated with mining lithium/cobalt/etc. along with efforts to recycle and bring new battery chemistry to market. Whenever wind/solar/batteries/etc. come up people invariably point out these issues but modern economies typically see increasing returns, increasing efficiencies, and lower unit costs over time with new technologies. We learn to do more with less.
    An example. I was in Costco last week and saw a replacement light fixture that was about $ 21.00 with a set of LED lights that will last a damn long time and use very little electricity. 21W.

I hated my kitchen light fixture so what the hell.

Super easy to install, not bad looking and much better than the existing fixture. The light it provides is a much needed improvement.

I plan on gradually replacing most of my fixtures over time.

Multiply those changes by millions of people.
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 01-19-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, that is just how we need to go about trying to make changes that will benefit everyone.
    It's what we do/did with cigarettes, booze, drunk driving, etc.
    No longer stuck.

It's what we do/did with cigarettes, booze
    There’s already a consumption tax per gallon of dino fuel. How’s that different than taxing cigarettes per pack?

No, that's a road tax, and depending on your state there may be some kind of sales tax.
    Clearly it's not enough to keep people from commuting 1 per shitbox. Hey, those things have lots of room for your cowboy hat!

Guy just now at the grocery store with a hat that said "hunting is conservation" got a plastic bag for his 3 things. Is the concept of irony not something that can be taught?
    No longer stuck.

You are so fucking smug and woke. Excellent combination.