Page 116 of 146 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3644
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

person of the year, too bad she couldn't take that kind of popularity to the countries doing the real pollution and take them to task like china who is responsible for 30% of co2 pollution

Name:  Greta_cnMvV8_l.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  72.9 KB
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    person of the year, too bad she couldn't take that kind of popularity to the countries doing the real pollution and take them to task like china who is responsible for 30% of co2 pollution

Da Komrade!

Whataboutism
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Haha, Trump got beat by a little girl! Suck it cougs and RJ! You are on the wrong side of history and everybody but you knows it!!

Name:  191210-greta-thunberg-time-cs-746a_62bfccb4d945f252a2240b899f059aec.fit-360w.jpg
Size:  32.0 KB

Tough to sail to China from Sweden I think.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Tough to sail to China from Sweden I think.
    that "fake" meme is illogical and reeks with desperation

Did China sign the Paris Climate Agreement? Asking for a friend...

As for them being 30% of greenhouse gasses.. Not sure about that, but am sure they're roughly 20% of the global population.
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 12-11-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Did China sing the Paris Climate Agreement? Asking for a friend...

As for them being 30% of greenhouse gasses.. Not sure about that, but am sure they're roughly 20% of the global population.
    China's per-capita emissions are less than 1/3 of ours. We're ahead of Saudi Arabia on per-capita emissions (!)

https://cotap.org/per-capita-carbon-...ns-by-country/

Anyone who thinks Greta Thunberg is a fraud is just a sad, sad individual.

Fact is that Greta is usning the media FAR more effectively than anyone is using her.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    China's per-capita emissions are less than 1/3 of ours. We're ahead of Saudi Arabia on per-capita emissions (!)

https://cotap.org/per-capita-carbon-...ns-by-country/
    Gross emission rate is more valid.
    Per cap is not really a good indicator. It's sort of like comparing apples and oranges. If US had the population of China, our per cap value would be half theirs. Sure, if the point is to show how horrible the US is compared to other countries, this is as good as any I guess.
    I'd like to see charts showing emission rate per land mass, or per average yearly income, or per amount of livestock, or per number of prisons, etc, etc, etc

If US had the population of China, our per cap value would be half theirs.
    Mind expanding on this?

Seems to me there are a LOT of people in China who basically live in poverty and create relatively little CO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Per cap is not really a good indicator. It's sort of like comparing apples and oranges. If US had the population of China, our per cap value would be half theirs. Sure, if the point is to show how horrible the US is compared to other countries, this is as good as any I guess.
    I'd like to see charts showing emission rate per land mass, or per average yearly income, or per amount of livestock, or per number of prisons, etc, etc, etc
    Per number Of MacDonald’s.

"More valid" in what sense? Both of those views are equally valid - China has higher total output, we have higher per capita. Burning more fossil fuel than the Saudis is pretty astonishing to me.

I may be missing your point here, why are those particular stats of interest? What would be of interest to me are the primary sources of emissions in each country. I suspect for us, single-occupant SUVs and pickup trucks being daily driven as commuter vehicles make up a substantial chunk of it. If I'm right about that, grossing up our population to be the same as China's would give us substantially more emissions than them.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    that "fake" meme is illogical and reeks with desperation
    and racism

all be skiing inside soon

Americans consume so much more compared to the world does that really matter? And we have been doing it much much longer than china. We have decades more of responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by COformtn View Post
    all be skiing inside soon
    Fresh tracks every day!

Did China sign the Paris Climate Agreement? Asking for a friend...

I spent 7 yrs in Santiago Chile, at that time one of the most polluted cities on earth.

Then I went China, where I saw islands of garbage floating down the Yangtze River. Plastic, dead animals etc, it was the most notable thing I saw in my two weeks. I’ve never seen anything like it. The amount of trash that then flows into the China Sea is some ridiculous amount.

I cannot take anyone serious who will not address what I have seen with my own eyes.

And yes, I recycle.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I spent 7 yrs in Santiago Chile, at that time one of the most polluted cities on earth.

Then I went China, where I saw islands of garbage floating down the Yangtze River. Plastic, dead animals etc, it was the most notable thing I saw in my two weeks. I’ve never seen anything like it. The amount of trash that then flows into the China Sea is some ridiculous amount.

I cannot take anyone serious who will not address what I have seen with my own eyes.

And yes, I recycle.

Would you drink tap water in Flint, MI? You, of all people should be fighting to clean up and keep our planet cleaner and more habitable. China has pledged to do this, we backed out..

Would you drink tap water in Flint, MI.
    FIFY
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

55% of all river marine plastic deposited by the Yangtze!

Why, how, can you be dismissing that?

https://www.verdict.co.uk/yangtze-ri...tic-pollution/

"Following the President's tweet, Thunberg updated her Twitter bio to reflect Trump's comments: "A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old fashioned movie with a friend.""

Why is Greta so threatening to old white men (
    disclaimer: I'm an old white man)?

Could it be that she is right? Could it be that she is showing them how immoral they are?

Trump again mocks teen climate activist Greta ThunbergPresident Donald Trump on Thursday again publicly mocked teen climate change activist Greta Thunberg, tweeting that the 16-year-old Swede who has inspired protesters worldwide has "anger management"...edition.cnn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    55% of all river marine plastic deposited by the Yangtze!

Why, how, can you be dismissing that?

https://www.verdict.co.uk/yangtze-ri...tic-pollution/

plastic pollution and global warming is comparing apples to oranges...

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    plastic pollution and global warming is comparing apples to oranges...
    Agreed. But when you are dumping trash in your rivers, you are dumping trash in your rivers.
    Give them time to start driving, burning fossil fuels, and they will not disappoint.

Probably the largest, looming disaster waiting to happen.

Now, I’m depressed.