Page 143 of 146 FirstFirst ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3644
    God damn Al Gore. All his fault.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

RLY
    If he hadn't invented the damn internet, none of this shit be happening

Or at least we wouldn't know about it

Ahh, the skeptics will just say it must be raining more...

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-glacial-lakes
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 6.53.15 AM.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	339017
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Heh.

Every year we try to grow tomatoes and basil here in Truckee, without success. Until this year. No greenhouse, just greenhouse gas. If that's no proof of global warming I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

If Donald Trump said 5 was bigger than 15, 40% of Americans would believe 5 is bigger than 15. (And they will believe in hats. The red ones.)

No shit.
    It's fucking hot. It's fucking smokey. I feel like it's been a little muggy this year too.
    I'm fucking tired of it. I'm just wasting away not getting exercise and hiding inside.
    Should be 55 Monday, though. Yay!

(Eat the rich, tax bro dozers.)
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

It is a natural disaster everywhere you go. Even vacations are affected in the regular now because of forest fires and Derechos and pandemics. I remember when you planned something and it was almost set in stone. No longer.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

People keep moving to Phoenix - 1.5mil and rising. 500k in the last 10 years. Hottest summer on record this year. 108deg daily max average. And people keep moving there? It really boggles my mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    People keep moving to Phoenix - 1.5mil and rising. 500k in the last 10 years. Hottest summer on record this year. 108deg daily max average. And people keep moving there? It really boggles my mind...

For the overpriced golf.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Do you really think the government is capable of actually achieving that list? They will just tax us to death to enrich their insider buddies with green wash projects that do nothing for the ‘climate’.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    ‘climate’.
    Right? As if there was such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Mind blowing. Such a shithole.

Do you really think the government is capable of actually achieving that list? They will just tax us to death to enrich their insider buddies with green wash projects that do nothing for the ‘climate’.
    Not really? Solar and electric car subsidies have given that tech a meaningful push to get to price parity with fossil fuels.
    If you're so concerned about taxes, just lobby against oil company subsidies.

The R's are just butthurt that a D came up with the idea to tax a colorless, odorless gas...it's a pure genius scam in the eyes of an R

121f in Woodland Hills CA yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mid 20s here tonight with 8-12 " snow forecast for elevations > 8500'

So instead we should rely on the energy companies to do the right things and develop clean technology?

Sure thing, after they have burned every last fucking dinosaur and the planet is left a ragged shell.

Not a problem, the earth will keep right on spinning whether the place is inhabitable or not. A 100 thousand years and it will be good as new.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Mid 20s here tonight with 8-12 " snow forecast for elevations > 8500'

So instead we should rely on the energy companies to do the right things and develop clean technology?

Sure thing, after they have burned every last fucking dinosaur and the planet is left a ragged shell.

Not a problem, the earth will keep right on spinning whether the place is inhabitable or not. A 100 thousand years and it will be good as new.
    I have zero faith the government can solve any problem. We will be better prepared to deal with the consequences of climate change than our countries going broke on green wash projects that achieve nothing.

I have zero faith the government can solve any problem. We will be better off to deal with the consequences of climate change than our countries go broke on green wash projects that achieve nothing.
    Maybe not our government, but other people's governments might do better. (In this case I put USA and Canada in the same gas-guzzling boat. Just because Canada's shit doesn't stink as bad as the USA's doesn't mean it doesn't stink.)

Ok, this global warming shit is getting out of hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I tried to rely on my government for help to develop clean tech. We have a carbon tax. The funds are supposed to support low carbon initiatives. I actually applied for funding to support a project at my place of work to replace diesel equipment with battery equipment. Displacing millions of litres diesel each year. It was rejected. We are proceeding regardless, as the business case is strong without subsidies. Let free markets solve this.

Oil companies receive billions in subsidies every year and the 'free market' is a myth.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Let free markets solve this.
    Sure thing, as soon as we have free markets. See above post.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Also, you need some level of gov intervention otherwise the massive capital of energy companies will suppress clean tech in perpetuity.