Page 104 of 146 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3644
    ok,

so many of you are so concerned about “climate change”. Well, as the saying goes; talk is cheap. If you want to have an affect why aren’t you starting with yourself.

Here’s a list of minimums you should be doing right now:
    1. you need to travel by bike everywhere possible. Even an electric vehicle will not do as the power source for that is likely coal via electricity.
    2. You should not be using heat in the winter nor a/c in the summer. A lot of the world makes do without it, the least you can do is the same to save the planet
    3. You need to wash your clothes by hand
    4. You need to stop buying new clothes as so many are made with petroleum based products and buy clothes second hand from now on
    5. You need to stop using most cosmetics and many beauty products and only take cold showers as your water is likely heated by gas.
    6. You need to only eat foods that come out of the ground, even butter and milk should not be eaten from those methane producing coews
    7. You need to limit your internet and phone and tv use to the minimums needed to get info or communicate
    8. And last, you need to stop skiing and boarding; those resorts do nothing but add to carbon use even if they are powered by renewable as so many who visit them are skiing with and wearing petroleum based products and took planes and suvs to get there.

If you are so concerned and not doing these things, your commitment is pathetic.

I realize it will take a few days to make these changes, i'll be waiting to hear from those that did

(this was good stuff, a lot of leftist idiots are going to tell me to fuck off when I hit them with this rationalization; then the rest of their day will be miserable knowing most everything the do and wear harms the planet)
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

A good start would be to kill yourself, coogs.
    Think of the children.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Just stop looking in the mirror.....

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Climate change is making koalas extinct!

"As Australia experiences record-breaking drought and bushfires, koala populations have dwindled along with their habitat, leaving them “functionally extinct.”"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevorn...their-habitat/
    Climate change is definitely not making koalas extinct.

Name:  rainfall-aust-trend-1900-2020.gif
Views: 345
Size:  38.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    ok,

so many of you are so concerned about “climate change”. Well, as the saying goes; talk is cheap. If you want to have an affect why aren’t you starting with yourself.

Here’s a list of minimums you should be doing right now:
    1. you need to travel by bike everywhere possible. Even an electric vehicle will not do as the power source for that is likely coal via electricity.
    2. You should not be using heat in the winter nor a/c in the summer. A lot of the world makes do without it, the least you can do is the same to save the planet
    3. You need to wash your clothes by hand
    4. You need to stop buying new clothes as so many are made with petroleum based products and buy clothes second hand from now on
    5. You need to stop using most cosmetics and many beauty products and only take cold showers as your water is likely heated by gas.
    6. You need to only eat foods that come out of the ground, even butter and milk should not be eaten from those methane producing coews
    7. You need to limit your internet and phone and tv use to the minimums needed to get info or communicate
    8. And last, you need to stop skiing and boarding; those resorts do nothing but add to carbon use even if they are powered by renewable as so many who visit them are skiing with and wearing petroleum based products and took planes and suvs to get there.

If you are so concerned and not doing these things, your commitment is pathetic.

I realize it will take a few days to make these changes, i'll be waiting to hear from those that did

(this was good stuff, a lot of leftist idiots are going to tell me to fuck off when I hit them with this rationalization; then the rest of their day will be miserable knowing most everything the do and wear harms the planet)
    But I already do all this stuff and the climate keeps getting warmer. What should I do next? Besides not voting for any Republicans/deniers.
    (You know, if we all make a concerted effort to bring in politics we should be able to get this thread moved to polyass where it can die a well-deserved death.)

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    Climate change is definitely not making koalas extinct.

Name:  rainfall-aust-trend-1900-2020.gif
Views: 345
Size:  38.9 KB
    Yeah, and the glaciers are melting due to global cooling, too.

New elevation data triple estimates of global vulnerability to sea-level rise and coastal flooding

By 2050, sea-level rise will push average annual coastal floods higher than land now home to 300 million people, according to a study published in Nature Communications. High tides could permanently rise above land occupied by over 150 million people, including 30 million in China. Without advanced coastal defense and planning, populations in these areas may face permanent flooding within 30 years.

In California, Alameda, Monterey, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Newport Beach, La Jolla and San Diego are all high-risk zones in the state.

In Massachusetts, Boston, Cambridge, Quincy are all high risk areas.

In Texas Corpus Christie, Houston, Rockport, Freeport, Galveston. Texas has 685,000 acres of land, or more than 1,000 square miles, at less than 5 feet. Harris and Cameron counties combine to make more than half of the 5-foot exposure – and the city of Houston makes up one quarter of this overall exposure.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs...ities-by-2050/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...nderwater.html

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-12808-z

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah, and the glaciers are melting due to global cooling, too.
    Glacier melt is killing the koalas?

Being obtuse is killing your credibility.

A good start would be to kill yourself, coogs.
    Think of the children.
    sorry, i'm a denier; so i don't believe in man made "climate change".

however, that 'eat the babies' woman had a point even though she was punking crazy eyes cortez. if you activists will eat your kids; that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    But I already do all this stuff and the climate keeps getting warmer. What should I do next? Besides not voting for any Republicans/deniers.
    (You know, if we all make a concerted effort to bring in politics we should be able to get this thread moved to polyass where it can die a well-deserved death.)
    if you already do all of this and limiting your electrical use, how are you posting on the internet ? i'm going to hope you are using solar power.

ok, you're down old goat. i do not expect to see you put up any posts on skiing or boarding or you will be contributing to the problem as i explained. i suppose if you skin up a mountain and ski down on your own, that should be okay though.

Being obtuse is killing your credibility.
    WMD tries to claim that global warming is making koalas functionally extinct, and I show that it isn't. How am I being obtuse?

WMD tries to claim that global warming is making koalas functionally extinct, and I show that it isn't. How am I being obtuse?
    posting non-sequitors does not prove any points at all, unless you are trying to claim extinction and rainfall are correlated, in which case you've failed to grasp any understanding of what and how extinctions occur.

But carry on being the Koch-sucker you are programmed to be.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

So, apparently the coal industry knew about this all the way back to the 60's and hid it. Of course they did. Probably because it's BASIC FUCKING SCIENCE.

Edit: sorry, I don't have a link for that right now.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    posting non-sequitors does not prove any points at all, unless you are trying to claim extinction and rainfall are correlated, in which case you've failed to grasp any understanding of what and how extinctions occur.

There is no non-sequitor coming from me. WMD was trying to pin koala extinction on global warming induced drought. I posted a rainfall graph showing there isn't any global warming induced drought in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    New elevation data triple estimates of global vulnerability to sea-level rise and coastal flooding

By 2050, sea-level rise will push average annual coastal floods higher than land now home to 300 million people, according to a study published in Nature Communications. High tides could permanently rise above land occupied by over 150 million people, including 30 million in China. Without advanced coastal defense and planning, populations in these areas may face permanent flooding within 30 years.

In California, Alameda, Monterey, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Newport Beach, La Jolla and San Diego are all high-risk zones in the state.

In Massachusetts, Boston, Cambridge, Quincy are all high risk areas.

In Texas Corpus Christie, Houston, Rockport, Freeport, Galveston. Texas has 685,000 acres of land, or more than 1,000 square miles, at less than 5 feet. Harris and Cameron counties combine to make more than half of the 5-foot exposure – and the city of Houston makes up one quarter of this overall exposure.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs...ities-by-2050/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...nderwater.html

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-12808-z
    That should take care of the human shit on the sidewalks problem in SF.

if you already do all of this and limiting your electrical use, how are you posting on the internet ? i'm going to hope you are using solar power.

ok, you're down old goat. i do not expect to see you put up any posts on skiing or boarding or you will be contributing to the problem as i explained. i suppose if you skin up a mountain and ski down on your own, that should be okay though.
    Of course I'm using solar power. I live completely off the grid. I'm getting a little old for skinning. I use a solar powered self driving snowmobile to take me up and then I ski down and the snowmobile follows.
    The trouble with living a net zero life is that every time I ride a bike or walk somewhere some douchebag in a lifted pickup with a MAGA bumper sticker tries to run me down. (Speaking of MAGA did anyone see that Rick Perry said that Trump was chosen by god to do great things. Can we impeach god? To be fair Perry said the same thing about Obama.)

But listen--do you think you're making an argument that hasn't been made at least a dozen times in this thread? Please show a little originality.
    Last edited by old goat; 11-25-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Yeah, Ron drawing conclusions from his chart alone is essentially dishonest. Due to climate change the current drought in southern Australia has occurred in conjunction with above average rainfall over much of the continent further north. So once again it’s a case of: 1) Cherry Picking 2) Over Simplification, and 3) Jumping to Conclusions.

Not only has south-eastern Australia, where koalas live, seen a decline in rainfall but a warming climate also dries out vegetation faster worsening drought impacts. Last summer in Australia was the country’s hottest on record, and the Bureau of Meteorology says climate change exacerbated extreme heat events as well as droughts during the year.

Climate change is acting as a threat multiplier amplifying fire risk. Eucalyptus forests, which rarely burn, are burning and as organic rich swamps dry out the soil burns too. Australia typically sees its peak fire activity during the summer, rather than the spring, but the size of the fires burning now points to a long fire season ahead.

https://www.cawcr.gov.au/technical-reports/CTR_026.pdf

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...-summer-nears/

The whole motivation of the most devout climate deniers is that it's all God's will so we should just deal with it and be grateful we're still alive today in spite of how fucked we could be in 100 years.. They also cling to the God card to deny responsibility for what's happening.. It's blasphemous to believe we have more control over climate than God does so they cling to every glimmer of data that they believe proves it's all on God, not us/them. Of course Big Oil realizes this and plays them like a fiddle.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, Ron drawing conclusions from his chart alone is essentially dishonest. Due to climate change the current drought in southern Australia has occurred in conjunction with above average rainfall over much of the continent further north. So once again it’s a case of: 1) Cherry Picking 2) Over Simplification, and 3) Jumping to Conclusions.

King cherry picker MV is back with more cherry picking. He should know that koalas don't only live in SE Australia, but E/NE as well. He is also a big fan of spatial variability, so he should know that small regional trends mean little without greater context.

Not only has south-eastern Australia, where koalas live, seen a decline in rainfall but a warming climate also dries out vegetation faster worsening drought impacts. Last summer in Australia was the country’s hottest on record, and the Bureau of Meteorology says climate change exacerbated extreme heat events as well as droughts during the year.

Climate change is acting as a threat multiplier amplifying fire risk. Eucalyptus forests, which rarely burn, are burning and as organic rich swamps dry out the soil burns too. Australia typically sees its peak fire activity during the summer, rather than the spring, but the size of the fires burning now points to a long fire season ahead.

https://www.cawcr.gov.au/technical-reports/CTR_026.pdf

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...-summer-nears/
    King cherry picker MV is back with more cherry picking. He should know that koalas don't only live in SE Australia, but E/NE as well. He is also a big fan of acknowledging spatial variability, but only when it supports his viewpoint apparently. He should know that small regional trends mean little without greater context.

Australia's daily max temperatures:
    Name:  aus.png
Views: 314
Size:  59.5 KB

Australia average number of very hot days:
    Name:  aust-ave-numb-very-hot-days-graph-2016.png
Views: 331
Size:  36.7 KB

So we have no trends in drought, daily max temperatures, or number of very hot days for Australia, but rest assured all that pesky CO2 is to blame for the end of koalas.

"Climate change and bushfires, you're missing the point!"
    https://theconversation.com/climate-...he-point-19649

You are like a character in a cheesy movie that is so obsessed with the wrong things, they fail to see the whole forest. It’s right in front of you, if you can be honest with yourself, and simply look around with your eyes open.
    Your myopia on this topic is so blinding, I can only imagine what an insufferable prat you must be to people around you.
    Mr. Magoo, much?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Of course I'm using solar power. I live completely off the grid. I'm getting a little old for skinning. I use a solar powered self driving snowmobile to take me up and then I ski down and the snowmobile follows.
    The trouble with living a net zero life is that every time I ride a bike or walk somewhere some douchebag in a lifted pickup with a MAGA bumper sticker tries to run me down. (Speaking of MAGA did anyone see that Rick Perry said that Trump was chosen by god to do great things. Can we impeach god? To be fair Perry said the same thing about Obama.)

But listen--do you think you're making an argument that hasn't been made at least a dozen times in this thread? Please show a little originality.

well, i'm not going to go thru every page; but I've posted on here enough that if being netzero was regularly discussed at least a dozen times in 105 pages; I should have seen it as once every 9 pages; it would come up.

now, be sure to not just use solar, you need to eat from food from the ground only, drop any cosmetics except bar soap wear only second hand clothing and stay on that bike.

now, there are many posting on this thread, so far I only have one making a commitment; so he's only offsetting me; more of you need to follow my list to have a real affect if you're going to walk the walk.

Ron dishonestly rehashing previous debunked talking points. From earlier in this thread:

The troposphere is warming making nighttime temperatures more sensitive to warming than daytime temps. In other words, hot daily lows are a signature of greenhouse warming in part due to downward radiation associated with CO2 and other greenhouse gas wavelengths.

Warmer nighttime temperature allow fires to burn through the night and burn more intensely, and that allows fires to spread over multiple days.

Whereas Ron's chart uses hot daily highs and ignores hot daily lows. The important takeaway is average temperatures are rising.

Because average temperatures are rising, past record-breaking heat and heatwaves will likely fall away too, the way many records in other parts of the world already have, and become a distant memory as even hotter temperatures become the new norm.

So,

In Australia where average temps have increased, record heat has gripped much of the country this past week, with numerous monthly temperature records falling, including in Melbourne, where the high reached 105.6 degrees (40.9 Celsius) on Thursday, tying a record that dates back to 1894.

The current drought is localized to southern Australia and SE Queensland. i.e., south-eastern Australia which is not the same thing as southeastern. The map below showing koala range overlaps to a large extent with the south-hyphen-eastern drought areas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koala#...oala_Range.jpg

We have increased drought in south-eastern Australia, increasing average temperatures, record November heat, and “catastrophic” fire danger — the highest threat level — in the state of Victoria, along with dangerous conditions in South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.

well, i'm not going to go thru every page; but I've posted on here enough that if being netzero was regularly discussed at least a dozen times in 105 pages; I should have seen it as once every 9 pages; it would come up.

now, be sure to not just use solar, you need to eat from food from the ground only, drop any cosmetics except bar soap wear only second hand clothing and stay on that bike.

now, there are many posting on this thread, so far I only have one making a commitment; so he's only offsetting me; more of you need to follow my list to have a real affect if you're going to walk the walk.
    Your inane troll fu is pathetically weak.