Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake Service Dogs......

Also emotional support animals are not service animals.

Different beast. Still, though. I just do not encounter these huge problems you all seem to. Maybe dogs are just better in Bellingham?

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Also emotional support animals are not service animals.

Different beast. Still, though. I just do not encounter these huge problems you all seem to. Maybe dogs are just better in Bellingham?

Doesn't matter.

I still demand my emotional support cassowary, my emotional support cigarettes, and my emotional support bazooka, all with no paper work, training, proof, financial, or other encumbrances!

America is the greatest country in the United States!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

What I don't get is why successful people with good lifes... middle class and above skiers are so worried about people..most of whose lives suck pretty bad... getting some sort of perk that they themselves don't.

Some miserable old limping lady living in public housing with basically nothing has a little dog on her lap. So what.

What I don't get is why successful people with good lifes... middle class and above skiers are so worried about people..most of whose lives suck pretty bad... getting some sort of perk that they themselves don't.

Some miserable old limping lady living in public housing with basically nothing is smoking cigarettes and has a bazooka on her lap on a bus or plane. So what.
    You're right. You don't get it.

Some miserable old limping lady living in public housing with basically nothing has a little dog on her lap. So what.
    Little old ladies don't have many pets. I've got a property full of them and not many choose to own pets at that age.

Thats a hypothetical youve built up.

Most are like the college kid I have living in one of my buildings with a massive pitbull. I hope that big fucker doesn't lay into someone, because I will be in court regardless.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Except you're full of shit. Cigarette smoke causes actual harm. That's why it's not allowed.

The ADA does not allow bad behavior in dogs.

What it comes down to is is the risk of annoyance, fear, allergy, injury, etc to the general public worth the risk of harassment and exclusion that disabled people may suffer with "stricter laws" and "certification"? And how effective would it be?

The enforcement falls on the business owners or management. Most feel it's best to all them unless they misbehave.

Honestly, since I look at this issue every day, all day I don't see much of a problem beyond annoyance.

Middle-class or above white skiers are annoyed versus disabled people having access and not being harassed.

Occasional accidents and incidents happen everywhere.

Middle class skiers will be fine.

“We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.”

― Anaïs Nin

And there's the rub..... what is an annoyance to one person is a very uncomfortable situation to another. The issue is equality - no one person's rights outweigh another.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Little old ladies don't have many pets. I've got a property full of them and not many choose to own pets at that age.

Thats a hypothetical youve built up.

Most are like the college kid I have living in one of my buildings with a massive pitbull. I hope that big fucker doesn't lay into someone, because I will be in court regardless.
    Actually, plenty of elderly have pets.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    “We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.”

― Anaïs Nin

And there's the rub..... what is an annoyance to one person is a very uncomfortable situation to another. The issue is equality - no one persons rights outweigh another.
    I think that one person's "right to not be annoyed" supersedes another person's right to access without harassment and I would rather a lot of people be annoyed than a few people unjustly denied access and or harassed.

I think that one person's "right to not be annoyed" supersedes another person's right to access without harassment and I would rather a lot of people be annoyed than a few people unjustly denied access and or harassed.
    again - you are seeing this only through your eyes. I will try to type slow: What is an annoyance to you may be more to another. You do not get to be the arbiter.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Except you're full of shit. Untrained pets that are not trained service animals cause actual harm and stress to other people. That's why it's not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    again - you are seeing this only through your eyes. I will try to type slow: What is an annoyance to you may be more to another. You do not get to be the arbiter.

Except I have these animals on my bus all day every day. It's rare they do anything unreasonable, bark, growl or make uninvited contact with a person. When they do, the owner is warned if it's minor or deboarded if it is major or if it continues. That rarely happens.

And the bus is a small space. Bigger spaces, like stores allow people to keep a distance if they are uncomfortable.

Again, maybe dogs are better behaved in Bellingham. This is just what I see every day on the bus. I get that it can be annoying, but the people I see with these animals? Nobody I would trade places with. My, and all of our lives are a million times better than theirs.

Those people and their animals are not on planes where they cannot be 'deboarded' . . . seems you're referring to specific lives, not all lives!!!

"I'm a bus driver! I know all! MY experiences translate to everyone everywhere and if you disagree you are a greedy rich person whose opinion doesn't count!" -mtngrl*

*=not mtngrls true feelings, but close and she knows if she throws in some arrogance and barbs, people will give the attention she craves
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I really do want to know what universe you all live in where you are constantly harmed and scared by dogs and/or are constantly seeing others harmed and scared by dogs.

I don't know. I'm baffled. Like I said before, the only thing I can think of is that dogs in Bellingham are better behaved.

You didn't answer my question. You just talked about how people with money can get service dogs.

How may times / how often have you been more than just annoyed with a service dog you thought was a fake.

More than annoyed means actual damages.
    You're right. I didn't answer your question.

Arguing that something isn't a problem because it's not a bad problem is a false argument. Doing something about fake service animals doesn't stop of us from dealing with Hurrican Maria, ISIS, and ritual satanic abuse at the same time. No need to raise a false argument when you have legitimate points to make. Besides--the point is not to keep people from being annoyed by fake service dogs. The point is to protect disabled people from being questioned and doubted and publicly humiliated about their genuine service dogs.

It is the way of the world that when people start to abuse the system regulations get written that burden people who aren't abusing it. It happens in every field of human activity and it always will. If we could figure out a way to just get rid of the shitty people we wouldn't have to do that--and we would be solving overpopulation and global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I wish they left mtngrl banned... she is going to argue idiotic positions because it gets her the unending attention she craves.
    That's not necessary. She raises valid points. Some of us have responded to the points. You can answer or you can try to shout her down. Which one reflects well on you?

I really do want to know what universe you all live in where you are constantly harmed and scared by dogs and/or are constantly seeing others harmed and scared by dogs.

I don't know. I'm baffled. Like I said before, the only thing I can think of is that dogs in Bellingham are better behaved.
    It would be nice if you acknowledged that there are actually different universes than yours. Though that might weaken the certainty of your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's not necessary. She raises valid points. Some of us have responded to the points. You can answer or you can try to shout her down. Which one reflects well on you?
    The most effective trolls use a couple valid points in their trolling. If you feed them what does that say... A reasonable response is soul food for a troll. The same reasonable response would otherwise be just that: a reasonable response for a reasonable person. But Mtngrl refuses to be reasonable.

Perhaps I am being too harsh. Perhaps she is not a pathologically attention craving troll who intentionally adds hooks to her responses while ignoring the logic of others in order to drag out debates as long as possible.

Perhaps she is just not capable of being reasonable. The alternative hypothesis is that she is incredibly fucking illogical and narrow minded, a pathetic monument to Dunning-Kruger.

The correct intervention for either is to ignore her squawking.
    Last edited by Summit; 01-21-2018 at 06:59 PM.

If someones comfort dog brings discomfort to someone else the dog needs to be moved to a different part of the plane.

If someones comfort dog shits on the plane they should pay a very large cleaning fee. If the plane needs to land early the owner of the dog should pay all of costs associated with it.

What happens when a person with a pet allergy sits in the seat that was occupied by a dog on the previous flight? It's not like they clean the plane very often or well.

Allergy meds.

Comfort/Anti-anxiety meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The most effective trolls use a couple valid points in their trolling. If you feed them what does that say... A reasonable response is soul food for a troll. The same reasonable response would otherwise be just that: a reasonable response for a reasonable person. But Mtngrl refuses to be reasonable.

Perhaps I am being too harsh. Perhaps she is not a pathologically attention craving troll who intentionally adds hooks to her responses while ignoring the logic of others in order to drag out debates as long as possible.

Perhaps she is just not capable of being reasonable. The alternative hypothesis is that she is incredibly fucking illogical and narrow minded, a pathetic monument to Dunning-Kruger.

The correct intervention for either is to ignore her squawking.
    You have 1000 posts/year. She has 600. What's your definition of attention seeking? Someone who doesn't toe the party line?
    IMO bullying is a worse problem than fake service dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You have 1000 posts/year. She has 600. What's your definition of attention seeking? Someone who doesn't toe the party line?
    IMO bullying is a worse problem than fake service dogs.
    Are raw numbers the metric you'd like to rely on?

Am I a bully for calling a spade a spade, something she's been called many times by many posters and was temporarily banned for?

Does your response to me make you a bully?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

Dude, your insurance policy doesn’t have a banned breeds list?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums