Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Papers please
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Papers please
    Exactly! Just not in a Nazi-like tone.

Disabilities consultant I'm working with says only 4% of disabilities are limited mobility. Majority are visual and mentally challenged.

And she knows her stuff. Her kid is deaf and blind...! And a sweetheart, too.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Tragedy of the commons. Same as it ever was.

It bugs me that people can act so shamelessly. I think that's why we cringe when we see shitty parents parenting shittily...we know those kids are more likely to end up leeches on society, gaming the system.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Disabilities consultant I'm working with says only 4% of disabilities are limited mobility. Majority are visual and mentally challenged.

And she knows her stuff. Her kid is deaf and blind...! And a sweetheart, too.
    Yep. A lot of times people look completely normal, and some even sound normal to talk to at first, but then you start to realize they aren't.

There are also things like MS where people have good and bad days.

Or my mom when she was dying. She could walk fine and look fine but after 30 feet she would be so tired she'd nearly pass out. She had a wheel chair so she could get out as much as she wanted/could her last few weeks.

You just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Yep. A lot of times people look completely normal, and some even sound normal to talk to at first, but then you start to realize they aren't.

There are also things like MS where people have good and bad days.

Or my mom when she was dying. She could walk fine and look fine but after 30 feet she would be so tired she'd nearly pass out. She had a wheel chair so she could get out as much as she wanted/could her last few weeks.

You just don't know.
    I couldn't agree more. You're absolutely right. It's good to give the benefit of the doubt.

Then there are the hippies who roll onto my bus with their pitbull, drop like 20 pennies into the thing for 3 able bodies adults, and head straight to the pharmacy. I'd bet a year's salary they don't have MS.
    Benefit of the doubt is the right thing, but sometimes there's no doubt at all.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It's a pretty good job. I like it. Union shop, ski 5 days a week. I'm outside but not working in the weather. I can do my job when I'm sore or tired and I'm not tied to a desk. It's probably somewhere between a million and a billion times better than you think it is....because you're a dumbass.
    It's a job for mouth breathers. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    It's a job for mouth breathers. Congratulations!
    Thanks homie.

You're right, there is a direct one-to-one correlation between job title and intellect. You have it figured out: the world is simple, because you're simple, and the world comes to you through your simple mind.

Congrats, Dough boy. You are a bigger douchebag than DasCunt

What the hell is wrong with you?

I'm on the front lines of this. I drive a city bus. Currently I have regulars who are "hippy travelers"...not the good kind, the gypsy-thief kind....who roll onto my bus with a pitbull and know all the phrases. "It's a service dog" "helps with my anxiety"...whatever. We get to their stop and this pitbull goes bounding off-leash out into the world wherever we stopped....walmart, pharmacy, grocery store. Pretty sweet.

I have another shitshow regular who is a baby mama for a prisoner in the local prison. Her service dog is a purse chihuahua. Drinking water and dog piss on the bus seats for everyone so she can carry a dog around to her appointments and shopping and whatnot.

It's fucked up. I see this every day and it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Tell that to the lawyer who will be suing you if you turn someone down. And I have no problems with any valid service animal, or valid ESA. The problem is that you can get a document off the internet saying some Dr prescribed an ESA. Not valid. You can have your Dr. friend write you a prescription. That is not valid in my opinion, though it is legally airtight. I personally know three people now in Aspen who are pulling the ESA scam, one who is a good friend.

There should really be no condoning these scams. They are really no different that printing up a fake handicapped placard and parking in handicapped spots. I hope the ESA issue will be revisited and cancelled (fat chance). Delete the whole category of ESAs and make people get highly trained service dogs if they have a real need. And make documentation on demand the standard. People have to give documentation to buy liquor, get on an airplane, when requested by a cop during traffic stops, buy a gun. Why should a dog not have to be verified, when people are every day?

I partially agree, but there will be some compassionate self diagnosis type cases still allowed for compassion sake. There are many elderly that use companion dogs that might not otherwise qualify for typical service dog roles. All shapes and sizes in the USA.

Jethro, At the crux, dogs are very low impact on our common space, opposite and unlike underage drinking and guns.

But, It might also lower shelter populations because of some perceived flaw in older or unsuccessfully trained dog. The scammers own multiple dogs and they keep getting new ones to pull the scam?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

doughboyshredder Guest
    Congrats, Dough boy. You are a bigger douchebag than DasCunt

What the hell is wrong with you?
    How quickly people forget.

Yetiman posted some seriously racist shit recently. Most of it seemingly fueled by bitterness.

I'm not surprised he's a bus driver because that's a fitting job for a (close)to middle aged loser that is so dissatisfied with his life that he looks down on an entire group of people because they are different than he is.

Yetiman posted some seriously racist shit recently. Most of it seemingly fueled by bitterness.

I'm not surprised he's a bus driver because that's a fitting job for a (close)to middle aged loser that is so dissatisfied with his life that he looks down on an entire group of people because they are different than he is.
    Link? You seemed like less of a cunt when you were still smoking weed.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    What is less of a cunt? Ya either are or aren't IMO. DBS is the same dude just less baked and is a pretty nice cat irl.
    Maybe he is, I don't see why a decent guy would attack someone for being a bus driver though. Is Yeti really racist for is DBS totally emo about all social issues now that he's sober?

Back to the thread topic, I think an ESA or Service chimp would be cool.

I made an African American lady go berserk the other day because she overheard me say monkey in a conversation not related to her or race at all.

She thinks I'm racist.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Maybe he is, I don't see why a decent guy would attack someone for being a bus driver though. Is Yeti really racist for is DBS totally emo about all social issues now that he's sober?

Back to the thread topic, I think an ESA or Service chimp would be cool.
    yetiman is a racist pos.

Have you even ever been around Indians? I guess if you like drunks who beat their children and starve their animals and throw their trash out the window of their government single wide trailers....they're great at that.
    He then went on to defend his position.

Not "emo" on social issues, I just fucking hate racists.

Fake Service Dogs......

yetiman is a racist pos.

I hate classism and people who base their entire existence and other peoples worth on what they do for a job.

Such a dick move
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

yetiman is a racist pos.

Well there is some truth to what he posted in that quote. What the root cause of that is or who is at fault is another matter. It is a generalization but that could be said about classifying bus driving as "a job for mouth breathers". That's a lot of hate coming from someone who is enlightened as you.

I know a mag that just retired from bus driving. Cool guy. Not a loser or mouth breather.

Yeti man has a colorful, descriptive and honest way of writing and I would need to read the whole conversation to form an opinion.

What I do know is that my experience of Yetiman has been a kind, thoughtful and compassionate person that attempts to help others when the opportunity presents itself.

Doughboy on the other hand... hate spewing and no known helpfulness or compassion.

yetiman is a racist pos.

I believe you could really benefit from an emotional support animal. An alligator might fill the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I believe you could really benefit from an emotional support animal. An alligator might fill the bill.
    Careful, he might call Dan Samas and sue for emotional damages.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    That's fucking funny.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Doughboy calls everyone racist.

He thinks it makes him superior and actually makes doughboy look racist.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

If my emotional support service dog shits in a restaurant do I have to clean it up if it would stress me out emotionally?
    Gravity Junkie

I look down on a distinct cultural group of people who abuse each other and animals at a far, far higher rate than anything approaching acceptable. It's not because I'm a loser. It's because I have a strong distaste for the culture of abuse I've seen on multiple reservations.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 06-30-2015 at 07:41 PM.

I made an African American lady go berserk the other day because she overheard me say monkey in a conversation not related to her or race at all.

She thinks I'm racist.
    An african-american guy hated me for about 6 months because there was a parade and the route wasn't going where it normally goes. I tried to explain, he went batshit, stomped around, called me a redneck racist motherfucker and presumably walked home. I try, in small ways, to be extra good to that guy because I just assume he's hair-trigger because of some history of being treated in a racist way.

How do I know about that sort of thing? Because me, my ex girlfriend, and her kids were treated like shit...with hostility, disrespect, and violence when we were the outsiders in indian country....and it left psychological residue for me to overcome. So I understand that. Nobody's perfect but one of the best things about The Bus is we do the same thing over and over and over again so you almost always get to learn from your mistake and try again. Growing up running race courses over and over and over again, this aspect is something I can appreciate.