Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I believe you could really benefit from an emotional support animal. An alligator might fill the bill.
    That's fucking funny.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Doughboy calls everyone racist.

He thinks it makes him superior and actually makes doughboy look racist.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

If my emotional support service dog shits in a restaurant do I have to clean it up if it would stress me out emotionally?
    Gravity Junkie

How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?

No, you'd be supply in the poop demand market. Think of the jobs!
    go get er done!
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    How quickly people forget.

Yetiman posted some seriously racist shit recently. Most of it seemingly fueled by bitterness.

I'm not surprised he's a bus driver because that's a fitting job for a (close)to middle aged loser that is so dissatisfied with his life that he looks down on an entire group of people because they are different than he is.
    I look down on a distinct cultural group of people who abuse each other and animals at a far, far higher rate than anything approaching acceptable. It's not because I'm a loser. It's because I have a strong distaste for the culture of abuse I've seen on multiple reservations.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 06-30-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I made an African American lady go berserk the other day because she overheard me say monkey in a conversation not related to her or race at all.

She thinks I'm racist.
    An african-american guy hated me for about 6 months because there was a parade and the route wasn't going where it normally goes. I tried to explain, he went batshit, stomped around, called me a redneck racist motherfucker and presumably walked home. I try, in small ways, to be extra good to that guy because I just assume he's hair-trigger because of some history of being treated in a racist way.

How do I know about that sort of thing? Because me, my ex girlfriend, and her kids were treated like shit...with hostility, disrespect, and violence when we were the outsiders in indian country....and it left psychological residue for me to overcome. So I understand that. Nobody's perfect but one of the best things about The Bus is we do the same thing over and over and over again so you almost always get to learn from your mistake and try again. Growing up running race courses over and over and over again, this aspect is something I can appreciate.

Forgiveness is something I have instilled in my children towards others who may have wronged them. This skill was not inbred but had to be learned by me first. It is a tricky tool to use and can be quite powerful.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I look down on a distinct cultural group of people who abuse each other and animals at a far, far higher rate than anything approaching acceptable. It's not because I'm a loser. It's because I have a strong distaste for the culture of abuse I've seen on multiple reservations.
    Pretty much the fucking definition of racism.

Looking down on a group of people because of your experiences with some members of the group of people.

And then you complain about how Natives treat whites on the reservation. Not very empathetic are you?

He must learn forgiveness.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Looking down on a group of people because of your experiences with some members of the group of people.

And then you complain about how Natives treat whites on the reservation. Not very empathetic are you?
    Yetiman was definitely typing in a non PC way, and while I will agree with you that he could have worded his experience in a more sensitive way anyone who denies the massive social problems on the Indian reservations in the west either doesn't know what they are talking about or they are blind and naive.

I know and have known plenty of great, stand up native americans. Of course being native American doesn't make someone "bad".

On the other hand, there are horrible thing happening on reservations. Every day. We can go around and around about why, but all the compassion in the world isn't going to keep anyone safe from the reality.

The big difference between Yetiman and I. He gave them a chance. He found out for himself. You sure as hell wouldn't find me giving someone i didnt know well a ride home to the reservation. Yeti did, and got robbed at gun point.

I'm willing to bet most of you screaming racist would be with me, declining to give some rough looking indian a ride to a rough place.

Who is the racist?

It's way more complex than keeping your speech PC on TGR.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Rough looking indian!

That's fucking racist in and of itself.

You know what statement wouldn't be racist? Rough looking PERSON.

Yeah there is sgit going down on reservations.

Guess where similar shut happens?

Trailer parks! So, I guess all white people are meth heads and child rapists?

Because of my extensive experience with a great number of people in a great many geographic and social contexts...including spending 7 years living and working in a native stronghold community in a native stronghold region.

I complain about how natives treat whites on the reservation along with complaining about how natives treat each other on the reservation and complaining about how natives treat animals on the reservation. The whole culture is badly broken and it disgusts me. It's shameful it's come to this, and it's clearly a product of sustained, horrific, institutionalized genocide perpetrated by white settlers.....

What do you want me to say, guy? I feel for all those people, but I didn't wrong them in my lifetime with any of my actions or inactions; and my lineage were not settlers and I don't owe anybody a free stabbing...and I don't owe anyone a free theft: what's mine is mine. I also don't think any of us "owe" indians a free pass on beating, starving, and neglecting children, animals, and the vulnerable elderly. I'm not crazy about white trash creeps doing any of that either...That's a true thing.

this high horse you're on is unjustified. pound sand.

Rough looking indian!

That's fucking racist in and of itself.

You know what statement wouldn't be racist? Rough looking PERSON.

Yeah there is sgit going down on reservations.

Guess where similar shut happens?

Trailer parks! So, I guess all white people are meth heads and child rapists?

Trailer parkist!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I guess all white people are meth heads and child rapists?
    Well, I mean...pretty much yeah.

If only the good people at Tomahawk clothing would make a snazzy vest for my fake service dog, we could tie this whole thread right back together.

Actions speak louder than words

I wuz gonna tell a funny story about a friend who flew his dog around the US in a free seat next to him for years, with fake papers, but seems like not the time right now?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Once upon a time i sent a good old dog onward over the bridge and started a thread
    the next morn a mag gave me a hug and condolences and we went and skied pow on one of the best worst days evarz.
    that mag will always be my bro
    reguardless of his chosen vocation or if he chooses to call em as he sees em
    Been involved in animal assisted therapy for bout 2 decades and 3 dogs
    never felt the need to manipulate the system to take my best friend and support everywhere
    shame people take a good thing and twist it to serve their selfish needs.
    them 3 dogs sure brought a lot of smiles and enhanced some lives
    probably more than dick beat shredder and das cunt combined
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Fake Service Dogs......

Flight from San Jose Costa Rica guy has two huskies with Service Assistance vests. Dogs had their own seats. No obvious disability so I wondered what the deal was that allowed him to bring em.

Is there anything that doesn't qualify your pet dogs as service animals?

Can I bring a pet bear on a flight if I declare a disorder?

Don't know about a bear
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Great and very funny article from the New Yorker on this topic: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...0/pets-allowed
    Sorry for the self-quote, but if you didn't read the linked article the first time around you should do yourself a favor and read it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    From videos I've seen, dogs are very good drivers too.

Yes, but can they text and drive?

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

this was in the news this morning...
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39103033&nid...rowing-problem

I picked someone up st DIA a month ago, and watched five dogs on leashes come out of arrivals while waiting a half hour.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I picked someone up st DIA a month ago.
    I miss the old days when we were all dentists not Uber drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........