Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I look down on a distinct cultural group of people who abuse each other and animals at a far, far higher rate than anything approaching acceptable. It's not because I'm a loser. It's because I have a strong distaste for the culture of abuse I've seen on multiple reservations.
    Pretty much the fucking definition of racism.

Looking down on a group of people because of your experiences with some members of the group of people.

And then you complain about how Natives treat whites on the reservation. Not very empathetic are you?

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post

Looking down on a group of people because of your experiences with some members of the group of people.

And then you complain about how Natives treat whites on the reservation. Not very empathetic are you?
    Yetiman was definitely typing in a non PC way, and while I will agree with you that he could have worded his experience in a more sensitive way anyone who denies the massive social problems on the Indian reservations in the west either doesn't know what they are talking about or they are blind and naive.

I know and have known plenty of great, stand up native americans. Of course being native American doesn't make someone "bad".

On the other hand, there are horrible thing happening on reservations. Every day. We can go around and around about why, but all the compassion in the world isn't going to keep anyone safe from the reality.

The big difference between Yetiman and I. He gave them a chance. He found out for himself. You sure as hell wouldn't find me giving someone i didnt know well a ride home to the reservation. Yeti did, and got robbed at gun point.

I'm willing to bet most of you screaming racist would be with me, declining to give some rough looking indian a ride to a rough place.

Who is the racist?

It's way more complex than keeping your speech PC on TGR.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Rough looking indian!

That's fucking racist in and of itself.

You know what statement wouldn't be racist? Rough looking PERSON.

Yeah there is sgit going down on reservations.

Guess where similar shut happens?

Trailer parks! So, I guess all white people are meth heads and child rapists?

Because of my extensive experience with a great number of people in a great many geographic and social contexts...including spending 7 years living and working in a native stronghold community in a native stronghold region.

I complain about how natives treat whites on the reservation along with complaining about how natives treat each other on the reservation and complaining about how natives treat animals on the reservation. The whole culture is badly broken and it disgusts me. It's shameful it's come to this, and it's clearly a product of sustained, horrific, institutionalized genocide perpetrated by white settlers.....

What do you want me to say, guy? I feel for all those people, but I didn't wrong them in my lifetime with any of my actions or inactions; and my lineage were not settlers and I don't owe anybody a free stabbing...and I don't owe anyone a free theft: what's mine is mine. I also don't think any of us "owe" indians a free pass on beating, starving, and neglecting children, animals, and the vulnerable elderly. I'm not crazy about white trash creeps doing any of that either...That's a true thing.

this high horse you're on is unjustified. pound sand.

Rough looking indian!

That's fucking racist in and of itself.

You know what statement wouldn't be racist? Rough looking PERSON.

Yeah there is sgit going down on reservations.

Guess where similar shut happens?

Trailer parks! So, I guess all white people are meth heads and child rapists?

Trailer parkist!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I guess all white people are meth heads and child rapists?
    Well, I mean...pretty much yeah.

If only the good people at Tomahawk clothing would make a snazzy vest for my fake service dog, we could tie this whole thread right back together.

Actions speak louder than words

I wuz gonna tell a funny story about a friend who flew his dog around the US in a free seat next to him for years, with fake papers, but seems like not the time right now?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Once upon a time i sent a good old dog onward over the bridge and started a thread
    the next morn a mag gave me a hug and condolences and we went and skied pow on one of the best worst days evarz.
    that mag will always be my bro
    reguardless of his chosen vocation or if he chooses to call em as he sees em
    Been involved in animal assisted therapy for bout 2 decades and 3 dogs
    never felt the need to manipulate the system to take my best friend and support everywhere
    shame people take a good thing and twist it to serve their selfish needs.
    them 3 dogs sure brought a lot of smiles and enhanced some lives
    probably more than dick beat shredder and das cunt combined
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Fake Service Dogs......

Flight from San Jose Costa Rica guy has two huskies with Service Assistance vests. Dogs had their own seats. No obvious disability so I wondered what the deal was that allowed him to bring em.

Is there anything that doesn't qualify your pet dogs as service animals?

Can I bring a pet bear on a flight if I declare a disorder?

Don't know about a bear
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Great and very funny article from the New Yorker on this topic: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...0/pets-allowed
    Sorry for the self-quote, but if you didn't read the linked article the first time around you should do yourself a favor and read it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    From videos I've seen, dogs are very good drivers too.

Yes, but can they text and drive?

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

this was in the news this morning...
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=39103033&nid...rowing-problem

I picked someone up st DIA a month ago, and watched five dogs on leashes come out of arrivals while waiting a half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I picked someone up st DIA a month ago.
    I miss the old days when we were all dentists not Uber drivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I think that a doctor should have to "prescribe" a service dog (or animal) like they can give disabled parking permits. Since a doctor prescribing a service animal will know all about a person's disability without violating their privacy, they should be able to verify the reason the person has the animal, what the animal is trained to do, and if the animal can actually perform the tasks.

The doctor issuing the permit will need to be certain that the animal is not going to be a risk to the public.

I also think it should be required that all "service animals" prove that they have basic training and can exist in public as invisibly as possible (thats how real service dogs are trained to behave). This could be similar to the canine good citizen test.

Since all animals taken into public should receive proper vaccinations and vet care veterinarians could be certified to administer this test.

This should not cause a huge financial burden on anyone as to be prescribed a service animal, a person must see a doctor and that animal must also see a veterinarian to be healthy.

There should also be a legal list of behaviors that a service animal cannot do, and if they do, they can be asked to leave and the owner potentially fined. (like pooping and peeing indoors)

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Bennie is an Uber driver??? I thought he meant a hooker, that he was picking up a hooker.

There are a few aging crack whores I pick up on the regular... Maybe he could hook up for BBI17

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Check the $50 TGR tie dye thread. Dunfee says they're already working on the TGR rideshare service.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sorry for the self-quote, but if you didn't read the linked article the first time around you should do yourself a favor and read it now.
    Yeah I had read that and that's pretty much what I felt like was happening. When I was boarding one was leaning across the aisle sniffing out the snacks in the back pack of the 10 year old across the aisle and I thought - no way a real professionally trained service dog would be doing that.

I too think that there needs to be a specific rule set for service dogs. The blind guy using the dog to get around should be able to get some accommodation to use a dog if its professionally trained.

But even if a dog can help your anxiety and isn't just a BS way to get free or more comfortable travel for fido, what about people that would be caused anxiety by your dog?

So no bear. How about an orangutan?

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    When I was boarding one was leaning across the aisle sniffing out the snacks in the back pack of the 10 year old across the aisle and I thought -no way a real professionally trained service dog would be doing that.
    It could have been a sniffer dog that had been professionally trained?

And at least it was well enough trained it didn't trip the kid in the aisle...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...colorado-house

Rep. Daniel Kagan, an Arapahoe County Democrat who is sponsoring the bill, explained that it would make the offense punishable in the same way that taking a disabled parking space is punishable — a $33 surcharge plus a fine of:

• $350 to $1,000 for a first offense;

• $600 to $1,000 for a second offense;

• $1,000 to $5,000 and up to 10 hours of community service for a third or subsequent offense.
    あなたのおっぱいは富士山のように美しいです。富士

Kendo Yamamoto "1984"

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeel View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...colorado-house

Rep. Daniel Kagan, an Arapahoe County Democrat who is sponsoring the bill, explained that it would make the offense punishable in the same way that taking a disabled parking space is punishable — a $33 surcharge plus a fine of:

• $350 to $1,000 for a first offense;

• $600 to $1,000 for a second offense;

• $1,000 to $5,000 and up to 10 hours of community service for a third or subsequent offense.
    That seems to run headlong into the provisions of ADA regarding service dogs....

Good luck.

i was going to get a service pelican. Adam Carrola was going to prescribe it for me.