Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Holy Moly - We've Got Nationwide Same Sex Marriage!

Wow.

Supreme Court rules in favor of same-sex marriage nationwide

Scalia is having a hard week. LOL!!
    Last edited by KQ; 06-26-2015 at 11:28 AM.

About fucking time
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

fuck that, I'm moving to Canada.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

"Ask the nearest hippie."

SCOTUS Justice Scalia loses his shit, gives us the funniest fucking line I've ever heard coming out of that staid and dignified institution:
    https://twitter.com/josiah10000/stat...451841/photo/1

Who ever thought that intimacy and spirituality [whatever that means] were freedoms? And if intimacy is, one would think Freedom of Intimacy is abridged rather than expanded by marriage. Ask the nearest hippie.
    Priceless.

Again, the Supreme Court puts likeability over law. Bad law is bad law. It's why Roe vs Wade is still being talked about. These are issues that need to be addressed on a state level.

When you hear the left firing up their base by telling people " if the evil conservatives have their way abortion will be illegal" it's total bullshit. If Roe vs Wade is rescinded the onus will be on the states to pass a comprehensive abortion law.

When you hear conservatives talking about doing away with abortion, they fail to mention that it would be on a federal level. States can individually decide how to handle the issue.

My issue with all of this is the federal government is steamrolling state rights in their grab for full power. This country was not established has a centrally run government . There was a reason for that and unless the fucking idiots who are electing scumbag after scumbag don't wise up they will find the answer to that question and they aren't going to like the answer.

*predicts thread will soon be moved*

meh - don't care who marries who but I'm glad people have a choice and it's no longer a patchwork.

Federal gov occasionally need to take lead when states can't stop stepping on their own dicks. I'll take it you think the federal government should have left it to the states to decide where blacks get to, or don't get to eat, sit on a bus, or who they can, or can't marry?

Disability act? Its cool.... your undoubtedly retarded offspring can fend for themselves and your poor old wheelchair-bound grandfather can just pull himself up those stairs, ammirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Awesome. Now gay people all across the country can suffer just like the rest of us.

^^^ Ba-zing!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

^^^
    Someone, a comedian I think, has been saying that for years. Always gave me a chuckle.
    I still call it The Jake.

Glad my sister's marriage, that of numerous friends of mine, etc will be finally recognized everywhere in the country. So if they were on vacation in some other state, one had a stroke, the other could still receive hospital visitation rights, etc. Among fucking countless other reasons that this is the right decision, finally.

good move, there should be no exceptions for equality.

divorce lawyers everywhere are ceilingbrating
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    divorce lawyers everywhere are ceilingbrating
    I had to laugh...good one Scotty. Going to our first gay wedding tonight. Two really nice guys. Hopefully one of them doesn't stop sucking dick once married.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I had to laugh...good one Scotty. Going to our first gay wedding tonight. Two really nice guys. Hopefully one of them doesn't stop sucking dick once married.
    That's going to be some celebration with this new ruling being handed down today.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Going to our first gay wedding tonight. Two really nice guys. Hopefully one of them doesn't stop sucking dick once married.
    Why should it be any different for gay guys? baddabump

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Federal gov occasionally need to take lead when states can't stop stepping on their own dicks. I'll take it you think the federal government should have left it to the states to decide where blacks get to, or don't get to eat, sit on a bus, or who they can, or can't marry?

Disability act? Its cool.... your undoubtedly retarded offspring can fend for themselves and your poor old wheelchair-bound grandfather can just pull himself up those stairs, ammirite?

means to an end does not make good law.

If you want cradle to the grave hand holding, you should be working within your state to achieve that level of government service.

If you desire low taxes and would rather take care of yourself then you too should be working within the state that you reside to achieve that goal.

In no way shape or form should the federal government shove either of those viewpoints down my throat and that is exactly what is going on here.

^States' rights is so 1860.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    In no way shape or form should the federal government shove either of those viewpoints down my throat and that is exactly what is going on here.
    No one is shoving viewpoints down your throat, asshole.

If you don't like same sex marriage then don't have one.

Should miscegenation laws be up to the individual states too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So, with what Assman is saying... could the Fed not do more to fuck with pot legalizations? Just curious.

Also, that moving to Canada thing was fucking awesome. Who cares who marries who? How could it possibly change another person's life?

some funnies making the rounds....

^ that is fucking awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Seen on reddit today:

For gay marriage or against it, there are going to be a lot of butthurt people today.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    No one is shoving viewpoints down your throat, asshole.

If you don't like same sex marriage then don't have one.

Should miscegenation laws be up to the individual states too?
    you are missing the point. Personally I don't care about same sex marriage. I do care about an over-reaching government and the ramifications of that.

And yes when the federal government makes something law of the land they are in essence shoving it down your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    So, with what Assman is saying... could the Fed not do more to fuck with pot legalizations? Just curious.

Also, that moving to Canada thing was fucking awesome. Who cares who marries who? How could it possibly change another person's life?
    EXACTLY! The federal government has zero business meddling in the affairs of states that have legalized pot.