Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I've lived in the hotter parts of CA for most of my life, with occasional trips to central MO in the summer to visit family. The only thing that actually works is wet swimwear. Jump in the pool, pond, creek, get cool, get out, don't dry off. Wear that shit for the next 4 hours. Repeat.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Today its sunny and all the way up to 73F most folks up here are ok with the heat till it gets above 80

As I was telling those american paddlers from the SE forget about the right to bare arms ... full gortex drysuit all the time
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    get yourself a shalwar kameez, super cool and comfy

That looks like BO and curry.
    I still call it The Jake.

TN heat for pussies. Houston, New Oleans, Charleston...that some heat.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    get yourself a shalwar kameez, super cool and comfy

It's funny because this is how I've always pictured you.

Quote Originally Posted by MARSHALL TUCKER View Post
    I'll give ya Houston and NO, but not Chas. TN heat is brutal river valley swamp heat and 90-100s temps where the air doesn't move - it just sits in the Tennessee or Cumberland River valleys for 5-8 months at a time. Same for the Ohio Valley. I'll take low country heat every day of the week and twice on Sundays over TN heat.

If you want to get all competitive about it, there's nothing like the heat and humidity I experienced in Korea where I couldn't dry myself off with a towel because of how humid it was after taking a shower in the hostel I was staying in. Also, TN heat is no joke as BMills said. When the scorching sun comes out and there is zero air movement, it is just unbearable, and I've spent a decent amount of time in Houston, where it is also atrocious.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

on a given day lowcountry 3 degrees or more hotter on average than Atl/Nashville. Beleive if you look at averages you'll see that's pretty accurate. Average last two weeks nashville 91.6 lowcountry (Santee) 95.9. Either plenty hot...
    "Can't you see..."

Nice thing about ATL and low country is that the air moves being on the Piedmont and coast respectfully.

The only air movement in a TN summer is what comes out of Al Gore's blowhole

^ what makes you think air moves in the low country? columbia has a similar valley topography
    "Can't you see..."

^ what makes you think air moves in the low country? columbia has a similar valley topography
    30+ years of living on HHI?

Columbia is not what this carpetbagger considers low country (Chas-GA's Golden Coast or even Jax)

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Whatcha got? It's so miserable outside I'm just not doing anything. My motorcycle is parked, kayak is packed away, golf clubs in the garage. Hell, I loathe walking my dog. I need help.

Now you know why the South has the highest rate of heart disease in the US: No one gets any cardio from March to November.

Protip: Carry a Big Gulp full of ice in your lap when you're driving. That way, your dog can bury her face in there and survive the trip to someplace where there's enough water to lay in.

OP, sometimes when it's over 90 or so I run a sleeveless shirt vs. a regular tshirt. Try to avoid wool in the summer. outside of that never much thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    30+ years of living on HHI?
    Newsflash. HHI is on the coast. Not the "lowcountry."
    "Can't you see..."

Newsflash. HHI is on the coast. Not the "lowcountry."
    Whaaaaat?

The Lowcountry (sometimes Low Country or just low country) is a geographic and cultural region along South Carolina's coast, including the Sea Islands.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sout...ina_Lowcountry

Don't get me wrong though it still gets plenty got there!