Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Those mist/spray bottles with a fan help too
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

Patagonia AC shirts.

I like natural fibers over most synthetics when its H & H. More breathable and don't stick to you as much.

Pools are nice to have too.

i like the patagucci ac shirts a lot, but they seem fragile to me, all of mine end up tearing at the shoulders. the lightweight long sleeve synth shirts that are often marketed for fishing have been more durable for me. i have an old ex officio and newer columbia brand versions. i use the ex officio for heavy outdoor landscaping-type work. because they are synthetic, they seem to clean up better than cotton, too. a friend of mine used to swear by his older full button lightweight cotton desk-job shirts. he'd wear them everywhere in the heat and heavy exertion. a pretty funny sight on rides: a dude in riding shorts, dress shirt, and long ski socks (for poison oak) who is relentless hammering the pedals and bombing the descents.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I'm very familiar with medicinal cannabis, but I don't think chugging induced white cherry slushees is a viable option.
    That sounds really tasty, an infused slushee?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Duluth does have a line of "cooling shirts" that get great reviews and they are on sale right now. I have not tried them but I'm probably going to wish I had some as we are looking at triple digits up to 112 for the next two weeks. Not looking forward to it but on the other hand it makes 90 seem perfectly doable. LOL!

You'd be much more comfortable with your shirt off

Sent from the other side
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Howler Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    You'd be much more comfortable with your shirt off

sweaty breastses suck

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    sweaty breastses suck
    Don't you mean, suck sweaty breasteses?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    Don't you mean, suck sweaty breasteses?
    Yes, I misspelled that made-up word but I think you get the idea

There are pros and cons to sweaty breasteses. I guess it depends on context and perspective.

Nothing good to be said about sweaty balls.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Went out and bought an omni freeze t shirt. Not impressed. Duluth here I come.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

jgb@etree Guest
    Wow - very surprised to hear that. I think you are, as they say.... fucked.

Well, caveat, I'm on my motorcycle with a very ventilated jacket. Now I'm walking around and it wicks very well. I went outside with no jacket and the drenched shirt dried very quickly, but just a breeze to it is not enough to make it feel cool.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Well at least its not too humid...
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

jgb@etree Guest
    Well, caveat, I'm on my motorcycle with a very ventilated jacket. Now I'm walking around and it wicks very well. I went outside with no jacket and the drenched shirt dried very quickly, but just a breeze to it is not enough to make it feel cool.
    You need a magical air conditioned cloak. I do too. Please let me know if you find one.

In the meantime, i think this is about the best you can do: Soak the shirt with cold water and let it evaporate away. That should work for at least 3 minutes?

The best thing for TN is remote start and air cooled seats.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

And now that I'm out in the heat, it really doesn't feel cool, but it stays dry, yet still feels hot. That PFG stuff stands a chance. Haven't tried it yet, though.

This might be the ticket...
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...VDShoCBgTw_wcB

The reviews don't seem to be as strong as they used to be, but I LOVE my Cap 1 Silkweight Boxers when it's warm out. Good wicking material and really light. Love them.

jgb@etree Guest
    And now that I'm out in the heat, it really doesn't feel cool, but it stays dry, yet still feels hot. That PFG stuff stands a chance. Haven't tried it yet, though.

This might be the ticket...
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...VDShoCBgTw_wcB
    Back in the day, I used to have something similar to this for riding when it's really hot:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/j...ty-mesh-jacket

It allowed me to ride in as hot of weather as the bike could handle. The old CBR's would overheat in about 30 seconds if you got into stop & go city traffic with temps >90.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1435533665.285692.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	811.5 KB 
ID:	167960

Check! Thanks, though.

I feel your pain. I have over a mile walk once I'm off the train for work. Not bad in the morning (yet) but holy hell at 4pm my crotchal region feels like a convection oven.

I bought some REI wicking underwear which works well at the job site but are still no match for the walk at the end of the day. Definitely nothing fun about sweaty balls.

http://www.rei.com/product/862584/rei-boxers-mens

Cool clothing... TN heat is killing me

For some follow up I picked up $100 ExOfficio PFG on STP for $30 and some Columbia Omni-Shade shirts, and these are definitely the cool, non-clinging winners. Basically the more papery they feel the better.

From what I've found, if the shirt has an spf rating you're good.

get yourself a shalwar kameez, super cool and comfy

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy