Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I (and many others) think the amount of cosmic rays that reach the earths atmosphere is the real cause of climate change. I agree there has been some warming (around 1 degree C) due to human activity like deforestation and urbanization but the biggest impact on climate looks to be from the amount of cosmic rays reaching the earths atmosphere.

Cosmic rays ionize the atmosphere which water droplets then condense on. A decrease in cosmic rays will lead to less ions for water droplets to condense on and a reduction in cloud cover, less clouds allow for more heating of the earth. A increase in cosmic rays will lead to more ions for water droplets to condense on and a increase in cloud cover, more clouds allow for more cooling of the earth. The amount of cosmic rays that reach the earths atmosphere are mostly determined by the earths magnetic field. The two main things that impact the earths magnetic field are Sunspot activity and Milankovitch orbital cycles.

The only computer climate models that have been able to go back in time and successfully forecast global warming/cooling have been based on Milankovitch orbital cycles and Sunspot activity, NOT CO2. CO2 has long been a theory of climate change, increased CO2 in the atmosphere has been shown to follow the warming rather than drive it.

^^^^^ you’re fucking kidding right?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Solar Cycle has been debunked ad nauseum. Latest models even keep the so called pause within acceptable probability tolerance.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

2004 join date is a long time for a troll. SLC. Let's be honest, are you Caroline Gleich's stalker?

Seems like we need more aerosols. Hairspray and spray paint FTW.

Orbital forcing (Milankovitch cycles) affect climate on the order of 400k, 100k years, NOT DECADES.

The insolation component of radiative forcing as a function of solar cycles is a thing and can work on the time frame we are seeing, but we can see it clear as day (ha ha) and the problem is if you wish to ascribe climate affects to solar forcing, it is probably putting the brakes on increased atmospheric energy thus when the solar cycle swings the other way with increased insolation, the decreased negative radiation forcing by increased CO2 levels will work synergistically to produce rapid increases in average global temps. That is a Bad Thing (TM).

Cloud formation is another negative component of radiative forcing, working the opposite of CO2, by increasing albedo (rejects insolation). Is cloud formation linked to cosmic ray ionization seeding? This is a new theory less than 15 years old and there is little evidence about it. CERN is doing experiments and it is an interesting subcomponent of radiative forcing. However, there is nothing to suggest that cosmic rays cloud seeding is the primary driver in climate change either theoretically or observationally (we've been watching the planetary cloud cover for nearly 50 years).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

#cows

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyFish View Post
    #cows
    Actually a factor....

Eat more vegetables y'all.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyFish View Post
    #cows
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Actually a factor....

Eat more vegetables y'all.
    If the cows are causing problems Ima gonna eat all da cowz.. You're welcome!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I'd recommend folks read The Drawdown Project.

Actually, you can sift through their site pretty easily.
    https://www.drawdown.org/

https://www.drawdown.org/solutions/food/plant-rich-diet
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I'd recommend folks read The Drawdown Project.

Actually, you can sift through their site pretty easily.
    https://www.drawdown.org/

https://www.drawdown.org/solutions/food/plant-rich-diet
    Thanks for link. Hadn't heard about yet. Endorsed by David Roberts, who, IMHO, is one of the keenest pop thinkers out there on policy generally, but certainly enviro stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Any "expert" claiming to be able to predict the future or scientist claiming their untested hypotheses are settled science should inspire some skepticism. When that skepticism is not only rejected out of hand but prohibited and reviled, that should inspire even more skepticism.
    ~Conrad Black
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Global warming is dominantly caused by human influence, as with our activities we enhance the emission of greenhouse gasses like nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide, and methane, which ultimately lead to this worrying issue we have now at hand.

I identify strongly with my pickup truck, gun, and owning the libs, so obviously you are wrong.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Heat.

Obviously.

Duh.
    Thread should have ended right there.

BUT NOOOOO, people had to go get all serious with science and wackadoodle theories and shit

Gassy right now. Not sure why. I'm sorry to all your children's children.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Anyone find errors in that video?

Look forward to your critique.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

What's Really Warming The World?

It may be due to Volcanoes, Deforestation, Ozone pollution, Aerosol pollution, Greenhouse gases.

suggestion

An unnatural weather change is overwhelmingly brought about by human impact, likewise with our exercises we upgrade the emanation of nursery gasses like nitrous oxide, carbon dioxide, and methane, which at last lead to this stressing issue we have now nearby.

[QUOTE=grskier;5584205]I'd recommend folks read The Drawdown Project.<br>
    <br>

Bump for post count and to get our minds off Coronavirus. Thanks for the link, lots of info there. Did not realize HFCs were that high a contribution.

the sun

"Frost advisory for Nevada"

https://www.iceagenow.info/frost-advisory-for-nevada/

must be all those nevadans not driving their suv's to avoid the batman virus.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

You can dress them up but you can't take them out.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by awlgolf View Post
    It may be due to Volcanoes, Deforestation, Ozone pollution, Aerosol pollution, Greenhouse gases.
    Strong second post and pretty bang on. I'm sure there are a large number of other inputs (which I am too lazy to look up).
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by mtstpipier View Post

Bump for post count and to get our minds off Coronavirus. Thanks for the link, lots of info there. Did not realize HFCs were that high a contribution.
    High fructose corn syrup makes me fart, so you may be onto something with this HFC theory
    . . .